1) Investors will be now assured of investment in and out of respective country. More investment, more opportunity;
2) Tariff of US, Canada, Japan, Mexico, etc, will be lowered or non-existent, this includes majority of product & services, e.g. : medicine (though generic drugs are not), entertainment, books, educations, etc.
3) More export for export oriented industry (but not resource based industry), companies that are currently benefiting from the windfall of falling Ringgit is going to benefit more;
4) The price of auto is expected to be falling, though gradually, due to competition from US auto maker. Japan auto maker already benefiting from past free trade agreement between Malaysia and Japan. It is foreseeable that same effect applies, though gradually;
5) Food stuff expected to be cheaper, since most cereals product are from US and Canada. Although such cost passed on might not be materialised due to merely limited to raw material.
6) Business Processing Outsource is set to be a winner. More outsourcing expected and Malaysia has the right skill and manpower pool to gain from it.
7) Travelling industry will now benefit, due to being recognised as a premier partner of US in the pacific region.
cch1975For many people it’s good that they’re extra busy. They’re not good thinkers, so you get more out of them if they just keep doing what they’re doing. But if you’re a person of good cognition, you can learn a lot more if you put your mind to it. I don’t think there’s any substitute for just sitting and thinking. Charlie Munger