easymoneyhere my thought on the whole thing, if Sona has announced the QA approval before the Ophir deal was announced, and Salamander still has accepted that lousy Ophir deal then you know for sure it is a gone case for Sona. But with the current situation, may be those Salamander directors got so scare after Cespa drop the offer, and now with Ophir came with a lousy deal, if they don't act quickly, who knows Ophir would do the same like Cespa then Salamander will end up with 0 option, somemore Sona QA approval still hanging in the air. May be that's why when Friday announced the offer, the next Monday all Salamander directors have agreed to the deal. Now they know Sona deal is still on the table for them to take, would they reconsider the whole thing? If I am Salam director, I will for sure reconsider.....won't you? Well, to me SC this time slow in approval has complicated the whole thing for Sona for sure... Hadian has originally expected to take about 2 months that's why in MIDF luncheon he mentioned most likely end of Oct, but in today BFM talk he spoke good word for SC when asked about taking 3 months for SC to approve may be an issue....I think he still need SC in case they need to seek another QA approval and won't want to piss them off...hahaha
rasalghuli wan say sc damn incompetent, if approve fast all tis wont happen jor.
easymoneyOphir share keep dropping is a good news for Sona.... the offer is getting less and less attractive, imagine the deal was offer based on 202.7, and now is only 163... if OPEC meeting decide not going to cut production, Ophir share could see more downside.... who knows Salamander will announce in view of current unfavourable Ophir share, we decided not to proceed.....possible? ( my christmas wish) hahaha
Iching88ai ya ya.....not so easy,easymoney, their partnership are based on long term view instead of short term shares movement.
Don't worry, sona will get its princess very very soon.... : )
easymoneylong term view for Salamander to accept Sona deal and as partner I would consider is much better loh.... Salamander has debt may be roughly 250m-300m, with the cash deal from Sona can pare down those debt to the level which is easily manageable....
If Sona can find another princess very very soon would even better... then Hadian can point his middle finger to the face of Salamander directors...hahaha
easymoneyComment from someone on UK sharechat pretty interesting...hahaha
reflecting on the ophir deal
As many people are aware the shareholders have lost confidence in the management and as many others know the oil price is depressed due to the squeeze on russia which i am sure will not last to long
sona offers $280 for 40% stake in bualang plus aditional money towards the successfull drill campaign pretty good deal puts the value of salamander bualang field $672 million west kerendan gas about to be supplied i believe revenue of in excess of $20 million/ annum starting point looking to double that over the next couple of years so lets just say value $100 million then we have to look at the assets and smaller field developments that are coming on board in fact lets miss them out why not everyone else is so total asset value for the sale of the company $772 less $200 million in debt is that fair value $570 million
so as the management of this company are saying well done boys we have sucked the long term shareholders in totally devalued there holdings we now have great assets and a cash offer for 40% of one of our fields for £280 million not bad eh
o wait a minute remember that guy that worked for us you know the guy who moved to ophir he has written to us and offered us wait for it a deal which values the company at $220 million tell you what lets tell the shareholders that this is great value afterall he has promised us good jobs great salaries and lots of shares as bonuses
o wait a minute do we not have a duty of care for the shareholders to maximise the value of the company and indeed there investment?