Highlights

Investhor's Mighty Hammer of Wisdom

Author: Investhor   |   Latest post: Fri, 11 Jan 2019, 12:35 PM

 

GNB - Getting New Buyer ?? Possible take over target !

Author:   |    Publish date:


BSKL Stock Code 0045 - G-Neptune Berhad (GNB)

 

TP1 9c, TP2 12c

Possibility of White Knight To Save Damsel in Distress

First of all I would like to wish Happy New Year 2019 to all Malaysians! The market sentiment for early 2019 seems to be on the bullish side. Two IPOs have been recently listed and many rumors of take over activities going on in the market.

One of the potential take over targets I foresee is GNB. Reasonings below:

1. High Possibility of Successfull Takeover Due to Low Share Price

GNB is currently trading at 6.5c as of today market close. Compared to its IPO price of 40c, this seems like a very good bargain for the owner to takeover back the company and restructure the business. Refer below for monthly chart. Circle 1 shows the initial few months of trading for GNB at which the price was hovering between 40-65 cents. Circle 2 shows where we are at now, current trading range between 6.5-10 cents.

We could deduce that take over of GNB would be a cheap back door entry to list a company into BSKL.

2. Foreign Majority Shareholding in GNB - F8 ENTERPRISES (HOLDINGS) GROUP LIMITED (Hong Kong based)

Refer this Article from The Edge on entry of foreign shareholder into GNB:

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/hkbased-oil-company-now-shareholder-g-neptune

Also, below image from GNB 2018 Annual Report is referred. It shows that the F8 Enterprises is still holding onto the big stake. Therefore there is high possibility of some action being taken to restructure this company for future profits.

3. Low Number of Share Float

The total number of share float for GNB is 288,750,000 (288.75 M), implying a market cap of RM 18.768 million. Directors and F8 Enterprises combined own about 19% of the company, leaving about 81% float around 233M shares. This quantity is not very significant if we compare to mid cap companies which have 500M - 1B share floats.

Conclusion

Due to high possibility of take over activities in this bullish market  environment, I opine that GNB would be one of the targets due to the reasonings mentioned above. I will buy and hold a position in this to see if it can bear some fruit and give ang pow for upcoming Chinese New Year 2019.

Share this
Labels: GNB

Related Stocks

Chart Stock Name Last Change Volume 
GNB 0.055 -0.005 (8.33%) 420,400 

  Be the first to like this.
 
Nlloyd saw volume on this stock yesterday think got some sort of game soon for GNB
11/01/2019 08:01
Beza You buy you die.
11/01/2019 08:35
Winmore88 Hahaha..you must be didnt active in market.
11/01/2019 08:50
Winmore88 Ipo price 40c , now 6.5c ..owner takeover is make sense. Sold 40c to public and buy back at 6.5 /7c. Very good deal. Owner not stupid..he can operating a listed company..from small company to listed compamy
11/01/2019 08:54
Beary Bullish market environment?

Many people half dead and sipiteh having orgasm everyday u still say bullish?
11/01/2019 09:28
speakup this is Christian Kwok company. Dont touch!
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2014/05/03/story-behind-penny-stock-crash/
11/01/2019 10:08
speakup GNB previously known as GPRO.
Nama GPRO dah busuk because of Christian Kwok goreng, that's why they change name to GNB
11/01/2019 10:09


 

402  326  492  672 

ActiveGainersLosers
Top 10 Active Counters
 NameLastChange 
 ARMADA 0.22+0.06 
 SAPNRG 0.285-0.005 
 SUMATEC 0.005-0.01 
 MYEG 1.01-0.06 
 BARAKAH 0.08+0.02 
 NEXGRAM 0.020.00 
 IRIS 0.15+0.005 
 XINGHE 0.045+0.005 
 KNM 0.09+0.01 
 ECONBHD 0.515+0.045 

TOP ARTICLES

1. 火中取栗拼油气(下) 菜鸟必学7招/冷眼 【冷眼专栏】漫漫投资路
2. 当遇上基本面投资法(上) “反向”战略非唱反调/冷眼 【冷眼专栏】漫漫投资路
3. Stocks on Radar - AirAsia Group (5099) AmInvest Research Reports
4. THE PERCEPTION OF P/E or: How I learned to fear my Wife the bursa journey that worked for me. 2000-2019
5. FPI FY19 revenue growth expected to hit 15% FPI 2大因素前景看好台灣聯友今年再 尋突破
6. [转贴] 真实还原97亚洲金融风暴,韩国从暴富到破产仅用时7天! Good Articles to Share
7. Stocks on Radar - Elsoft Research (0090) AmInvest Research Reports
8. JAKS Resources Berhad - RM25.5m P&L Hit PublicInvest Research
Partners & Brokers