Post Reply   Back  
Page 1 2

3iii
6304 posts

Posted by 3iii > Jun 26, 2019 11:51 AM | Report Abuse

>>>

Probability posted:

Jun 23, 2019 6:43 PM | Report Abuse

3ii makes return above bond level by 0.1% and he claims he is the ultimate 'investor'..lol!

Jun 23, 2019 10:31 PM | Report Abuse

sifu Philip is open...3ii i super closed

>>>

Sadly, almost all who are vocal in this forum lost money in 2018.

OTOH, my portfolio delivered alpha returns in 2018.

So much for the above "objective" comments. :-)

3iii
6304 posts

Posted by 3iii > Jun 26, 2019 4:28 PM | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by Sslee > Jun 25, 2019 7:39 PM | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
Thank you for reminding me that I used to have some poor performing stocks in my portfolio. I am learning, keep an open mind and eager to learn from all you included. But at least I read the annual report, find out from the board what went wrong and I also use reasons and ready to present the fact and figure to put forward my point.
No matter how good you are, please keep an open mind and do not simple dismiss anything because of your prejudice.
Thank you

>>>>>

:-) ... because of your prejudice.

SSLee

Just to enlighten you. I do not dismiss any stock recommendations or suggestions based on prejudice. I usually will find the time to have a look at the recommended stock. I will also often read the annual reports of not just one year, but a few years of the company when I find it enticing, to understand its business better.

For example, I read into Pentamaster's annual reports of a few years and discovered how the major shareholder and owner was very creative in coming up with new ideas in the earlier years but to no avail. A particular year, he came up with a machine to recycle used gloves. Unsurprisingly, this failed miserably. Then, two years ago, it found its niches and because someone brought this to my attention, I studied it in depth and well ... its performance the last 2 years or more, have been superb.

The most important thing in investing is to have the right philosophy and method. Then the discipline. Also, you need to be hardworking, ploughing through your checklists for the companies you wish to invest in. Note, I mentioned a check list.

There is no prejudice in the way I look at stocks. I study the quality of their businesses. This is paramount. This criteria must be satisfied. Then I study the quality of its management. Only having passed these quality filters, then I will look into its valuations. If I have rejected many stocks, it is not because of prejudice, it was because they did not satisfy my selection criteria and got rejected based on my checklist.

Perhaps, you have a prejudice against high quality good growth company.

:-)

3iii

stockraider
12342 posts

Posted by stockraider > Jun 26, 2019 6:51 PM | Report Abuse

This 3iii like to talkcock alot loh....!!

If u buy base on quality of business and overpay like case of warren buffet on heinz, u will lose money too loh...!!

The best investment strategy is still invest base on huge margin of safety like what recommended by ben graham , as it is highly defensive loh...!!

Insas is one of the best example & the most defensive Margin of safety stock, as per ben graham investment criteria loh....!!

In conclusion for investment approach undervalue buy and overvalue sell loh...it is that simple base on taking advantage of Mr Market mah...!!

Posted by 3iii > Jun 26, 2019 4:28 PM | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by Sslee > Jun 25, 2019 7:39 PM | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
Thank you for reminding me that I used to have some poor performing stocks in my portfolio. I am learning, keep an open mind and eager to learn from all you included. But at least I read the annual report, find out from the board what went wrong and I also use reasons and ready to present the fact and figure to put forward my point.
No matter how good you are, please keep an open mind and do not simple dismiss anything because of your prejudice.
Thank you

>>>>>

:-) ... because of your prejudice.

SSLee

Just to enlighten you. I do not dismiss any stock recommendations or suggestions based on prejudice. I usually will find the time to have a look at the recommended stock. I will also often read the annual reports of not just one year, but a few years of the company when I find it enticing, to understand its business better.

For example, I read into Pentamaster's annual reports of a few years and discovered how the major shareholder and owner was very creative in coming up with new ideas in the earlier years but to no avail. A particular year, he came up with a machine to recycle used gloves. Unsurprisingly, this failed miserably. Then, two years ago, it found its niches and because someone brought this to my attention, I studied it in depth and well ... its performance the last 2 years or more, have been superb.

The most important thing in investing is to have the right philosophy and method. Then the discipline. Also, you need to be hardworking, ploughing through your checklists for the companies you wish to invest in. Note, I mentioned a check list.

There is no prejudice in the way I look at stocks. I study the quality of their businesses. This is paramount. This criteria must be satisfied. Then I study the quality of its management. Only having passed these quality filters, then I will look into its valuations. If I have rejected many stocks, it is not because of prejudice, it was because they did not satisfy my selection criteria and got rejected based on my checklist.

Perhaps, you have a prejudice against high quality good growth company.

:-)

3iii

3iii
6304 posts

Posted by 3iii > Jun 26, 2019 9:48 PM | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by stockraider > Jun 26, 2019 6:51 PM | Report Abuse

This 3iii like to talkcock alot loh....!!

If u buy base on quality of business and overpay like case of warren buffet on heinz, u will lose money too loh...!!

The best investment strategy is still invest base on huge margin of safety like what recommended by ben graham , as it is highly defensive loh...!!

Insas is one of the best example & the most defensive Margin of safety stock, as per ben graham investment criteria loh....!!

In conclusion for investment approach undervalue buy and overvalue sell loh...it is that simple base on taking advantage of Mr Market mah...!!

>>>>

Margin of safety.

Raider's intrinsic value for Hengyuan was $18. His reasoning. Low PE Hengyuan should be valued as the same PE as Petdag.

We all soon learn of raider's margin of safety principle subsequently. He was swimming naked when the tides retreated.

Post Reply   Back  
Page 1 2

397  252  529  780 

ActiveGainersLosers
Top 10 Active Counters
 NameLastChange 
 EKOVEST 0.845+0.04 
 IWCITY 0.95+0.08 
 GPACKET-WB 0.185+0.01 
 VSOLAR 0.1350.00 
 GPACKET 0.645+0.04 
 HSI-H6P 0.17-0.025 
 AAX 0.185-0.01 
 KNM 0.365+0.005 
 HSI-C7E 0.21+0.02 
 HSI-C7F 0.405+0.035 

TOP ARTICLES

1. River of Life - a vanity project that fails to measure up - CYNTHIA GABRIEL & LALITHA KUNARATNAM Good Articles to Share
2. Tony Fernandes: AirAsia's ancillary growth to compensate for M'sia processing fee removal Good Articles to Share
3. China: USA: Malaysia Economic Model “Shared Prosperity 2030” Sslee blog
4. 八(發)第三周,马股指数终于有起色了?by 投资有理 投资有理·于你
5. Is Trump's economic team up for a trade war? Good Articles to Share
6. These Countries Are the Winners of the China-U.S. Trade War Good Articles to Share
7. Stocks tumble, yen rallies as US and China escalate trade war Good Articles to Share
8. BJLAND 还是过渡低估,虽然外围股市动荡,对该股的影响甚微,会震掉一些惊弓之鸟。 Articles for investors
Partners & Brokers