Highlights
Social Forum >> Forum Thread
2 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee at Nov 8, 2020 8:51 PM
 Be the first to like this.

Post Reply   Back  
Page 1

Philip ( buy what you understand)
4062 posts

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Nov 8, 2020 8:05 PM | Report Abuse

Can we just concentrate on the business itself? Too much nonsense on how the business is overpriced and not good just to see it rise almost 30% after IPO.

As stanley druckenmiller once told a guy,

I had a guy who managed some money for me come in when the stock was $82. And I think I was 62. [Note: This chronology is incompatible but whatever.] I had given myself a Tesla for my sixtieth birthday. And he had this incredibly effective analysis, like 20 pages of financials about why Tesla was a short. And at then end of this presentation – really well thought-out – I said, “Have you ever driven the car?”

Suffice to say, have you ever spent time buying things at mr diy and really looking at it?

It's really not that hard to do.
>>>>>>>

https://klse.i3investor.com/m/blog/pelhambluefund/2020-10-18-story-h1534705182-_Pelham_Blue_Fund_ANALYSIS_MR_DIY_S_IPO_IS_THE_ONLY_THING_THAT_S_NOT_AL.jsp

Sslee
4658 posts

Posted by Sslee > Nov 8, 2020 8:51 PM | Report Abuse

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/06/toyota-president-tesla-valuation-doesnt-reflect-real-world-business.html

Toyota President Akio Toyoda acknowledged that Tesla's valuation of around $400 billion is sky high, exceeding that of all seven Japanese automakers combined.

He also said Toyota could learn from Tesla's success with investors, and its business model, which includes revenue from electric vehicles, regulatory credits, software and renewable energy products.

But, the exec went on to compare Tesla's business to a restaurant still promoting its recipes, while Toyota is more like a restaurant already serving a huge number of customers.

"I am hesitant to say this — Tesla's business, if you want to use the analogy, is like that of a kitchen and a chef," Toyoda said.

"They have not created a real business in the real world yet. They are trying to trade recipes. The chef is saying 'Our recipe is going to become the standard of the world in the future!' At Toyota, we have a real kitchen and a real chef too, and are creating the dishes already. There are customers, who are very picky about what they like to eat, sitting in front of us, and eating our dishes already."

Post Reply   Back  
Page 1
APPS
I3 Messenger
Individual or Group chat with anyone on I3investor
MQ Trader
Stock Screener using Technical and Fundamental criteria
MQ Affiliate
Join the MQ Affiliate Program today to earn rewards

171  922  549  872 

ActiveGainersLosers
Top 10 Active Counters
 NameLastChange 
 DNEX 0.295+0.035 
 DNEX-WD 0.06+0.015 
 BIOHLDG 0.295-0.005 
 XOX 0.085-0.005 
 PHB 0.0250.00 
 XOX-WC 0.015+0.01 
 LUSTER 0.19+0.005 
 VIZIONE 0.225-0.045 
 QES 0.355-0.025 
 MTRONIC 0.0950.00 

FEATURED POSTS

1. The Equity Market Index Benchmark in Malaysia CMS
2. Trading Scenarios of Derivatives Bursa Derivatives Education Series
3. Derivatives 101 Bursa Derivatives Education Series
4. Why Trade FKLI? Bursa Derivatives Education Series
5. MQ Trader - Introduction to MQ Trader Affiliate Program MQ Trader Announcement!

TOP ARTICLES

1. Supermax record profit must prevail - Koon Yew Yin Koon Yew Yin's Blog
2. Eurocham: No mention of lockdown after Feb 4 in meeting with Miti save malaysia!
3. Jaks Resources - Final Update :- Jaks Hai Duong Power Plant achieved FULL COD ! DK
4. Biden Presidency Spells Good Times for Malaysian Gloves Trying to Make Sense Bursa Investments
5. Tan Sri Lim: “Being sick is being abnormal.” TOPGLOV allows only 2 paid sick leave p.a. LHL please make a police report if what you says is true! gloveharicut
6. CIMB: FREIGHT is trading at a 60.9% & 30.8% discount to its local & regional peers gloveharicut
7. Bargain hunting lifts GLOVEs share prices, say analyst, fund manager as situation remains 'volatile' gloveharicut
8. Top Glove: Allegations of management hypocrisy and lack of integrity By LHL save malaysia!
PARTNERS & BROKERS