Highlights

Muhibbah Engineering Berhad - Hitting the Mark

Date: 03/06/2019

Source  :  MIDF
Stock  :  MUHIBAH       Price Target  :  3.73      |      Price Call  :  BUY
        Last Price  :  2.58      |      Upside/Downside  :  +1.15 (44.57%)
 


INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS

  • Earnings within expectations
  • Construction revenue slipped -6.4%yoy in 1QFY19, due to deferred recognition of LRT3 and completion of some of infra jobs in the quarter
  • Airport didn’t disappoint, with continuous healthy +10%yoy growth in number of passengers
  • We recommend a BUY on the stock with unchanged TP of RM3.73

Earnings within expectations. Muhibbah 1QFY19’s PATAMI came in within our and consensus expectations at 25.3% and 20.3% of respective full year estimates. Its PATAMI is supported by a broad-based increase in income from cranes and concession segments. Revenue was reported at RM272.4m, an increase of +9.4%yoy compared to last year.

Construction segment. In the quarter, construction revenue slipped - 6.4%yoy in 1QFY19, due to deferred recognition of LRT3 and completion of some of infra jobs. As at 23 May 2019, its outstanding orderbook stood at RM1.1b, providing approximately two-year of earnings visibility. Going ahead, we believe construction is likely to fare better in 2HFY19, as the progress shifts into higher gear.

Airport business didn’t disappoint, with continuous healthy +10%yoy growth in number of passengers in 1QFY19. The trend also corresponded with the cargo and retail segments, with demand grew by +12.0%yoy and +11%yoy respectively. Subsequent to this, we saw the contribution from concession grew +17.2%yoy at PBT level to RM50.3m.

The crane segment reported earnings surge by >100%yoy to RM18.5m due to increase in sales in 1QFY19. As at 23 May 2019, the group’s outstanding orderbook stood at RM528m from the global oil and gas, shipyard, construction and wind turbine industries. The majority of the orderbook comprises oil and gas cranes for the offshore oil and gas exploration and production activities at 79%. The remainder 21% is from the shipyard, construction and wind turbine industry. In recognition of this, modest contribution appears within reach for the year, underpinned by its effort in increasing tower crane rental fleet to improve rental income globally.

Impact to earnings. No change to forecasts as earnings came in within estimation range.

Recommendation. We believe the prospect remains encouraging for Muhibbah, taking into account the support from its airport concession and the crane business. As a construction company, its presence in other specialised business will provide competitive edge against the other domestic construction players. Maintain BUY with an unchanged TP of

RM3.73.

Source: MIDF Research - 3 Jun 2019

Share this
Labels: MUHIBAH

Related Stocks

Chart Stock Name Last Change Volume 
MUHIBAH 2.58 -0.03 (1.15%) 17,900 

  Be the first to like this.
 


 

397  252  529  780 

ActiveGainersLosers
Top 10 Active Counters
 NameLastChange 
 EKOVEST 0.845+0.04 
 IWCITY 0.95+0.08 
 GPACKET-WB 0.185+0.01 
 VSOLAR 0.1350.00 
 GPACKET 0.645+0.04 
 HSI-H6P 0.17-0.025 
 AAX 0.185-0.01 
 KNM 0.365+0.005 
 HSI-C7E 0.21+0.02 
 HSI-C7F 0.405+0.035 

TOP ARTICLES

1. River of Life - a vanity project that fails to measure up - CYNTHIA GABRIEL & LALITHA KUNARATNAM Good Articles to Share
2. Tony Fernandes: AirAsia's ancillary growth to compensate for M'sia processing fee removal Good Articles to Share
3. China: USA: Malaysia Economic Model “Shared Prosperity 2030” Sslee blog
4. 八(發)第三周,马股指数终于有起色了?by 投资有理 投资有理·于你
5. Is Trump's economic team up for a trade war? Good Articles to Share
6. These Countries Are the Winners of the China-U.S. Trade War Good Articles to Share
7. Stocks tumble, yen rallies as US and China escalate trade war Good Articles to Share
8. BJLAND 还是过渡低估,虽然外围股市动荡,对该股的影响甚微,会震掉一些惊弓之鸟。 Articles for investors
Partners & Brokers