save malaysia!

3 more suspects arrested in RM24.2 million bank withdrawal syndicate

savemalaysia
Publish date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024, 08:38 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: Another three suspects have been arrested in connection with the syndicate that withdrew RM24.2 million from several savings accounts.

Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department (CCID) director Commissioner Datuk Seri Ramli Mohamed Yoosuf said the three suspects were arrested on Monday.

"This brings the total number of arrests to eight, including four bank officers. The suspects are aged between 38 and 51," he said when contacted on Tuesday.

He said seven suspects were arrested in Sabah, while the remaining suspect was arrested in Perlis.

"We expect more arrests to be made soon as this crime is syndicated, involving both bank personnel and con artists," he said.

Last Thursday, a bank employee was arrested on suspicion of being an insider and conspiring with the syndicate to withdraw RM24.2 million from depositors' savings accounts.

The department received four reports earlier this month concerning the losses.

The complainants, who are account holders and bank staff, reported multiple suspicious cash withdrawals in Kota Kinabalu involving several savings accounts with the bank.

The account holders denied any knowledge of the transactions and stated they had not made any withdrawals in Kota Kinabalu as claimed.

Investigations so far indicate involvement by syndicate members both inside and outside the bank, as these withdrawals could only have been conducted internally.

 

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-courts/2024/06/1065168/3-more-suspects-arrested-rm242-million-bank-withdrawal-syndicate

Discussions
Be the first to like this. Showing 0 of 0 comments

Post a Comment