1. Graduated in Law, LLB (Hons) from the National University of Singapore (1986); and
2. Masters in Law, LLM from Harvard Law School (1993-94).
Mr Simon Tay's present appointments are as follows:
1. Chairman, Singapore Institute of International Affairs
2. Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
3. Senior Consultant, WongPartnership
4. Global Advisory Board Member, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (global advisory board)
5. Independent & Non-Executive Director, LGT Bank (Singapore) Ltd
6. Independent & Non-Executive Director, Far East Organization
7. Independent Director, Eurex Clearing Asia Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of the Deutsche Bourse)
8. Independent Director, Hyflux Ltd. (For Hyflux, publicly listed on the SGX)
9. Commissioner, PT Oasis Waters International
His previous corporate appointments include the Toyota Motor Corporation Global Advisory Board (2010-15) and as a Corporate Advisor to Temasek Holdings (2006-09). He has spoken at leading business conferences including the World Economic Forum, APEC CEO Summits and SIBOS, and briefed major corporate boards and financial institutions about the politics and economics that matter to businesses.
From 1992 to 2008, he served in a number of public appointments for Singapore. These included serving as Chairman of the National Environment Agency, a major government agency with over 3000 civil servants, reporting to the Minister (2002-08); an independent Member of Parliament (1997-2001); and to coordinate the Singapore Volunteers Overseas, the countrys equivalent of the Peace Corps (1990-93). He was chair or co-chair for a number of public commissions such as Singapore 21, the Singapore Green Plan and the Singapore Concept Plan 2010. In 2006, Prof Tay received a National Day Award. He continues to serve Singapore in a number of roles including as an Expert and Eminent Person in the ASEAN Regional Forum, a member of the governments Climate Change Network and as vice-chairman of the Asia Pacific Water Forum.
This book is the result of the author's many years of experience and observation throughout his 26 years in the stockbroking industry. It was written for general public to learn to invest based on facts and not on fantasies or hearsay....