ICAPITAL.BIZ BHD

KLSE (MYR): ICAP (5108)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.02 (0.67%)

Day's Change

3.00 - 3.06

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

5,885 comment(s). Last comment by hopetobecorrect 1 day ago

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 07:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by jasonor > Dec 1, 2014 1:26 PM | Report Abuse

ttb always claim market will crash for few years ady... i also can ma... every year i say mkt will crash.. the longer the time the higher probability wat i say will happen. but not due to my intelligence in spotting the crash, just tht since mkt moves in cycle thus it certaintly will crash one day and after that will boom and crash again.. its a cycle. if he really pandai, pls state the exact date when crash will happen instead of just saying mkt will crash for past few years. if 1 day mkt crash, he surely will claim credit for it n say his prediction accurate.. LOL

Another London Guy

2014 waiting.....
Now still waiting

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 07:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by Mohd Iqbal > Dec 30, 2015 1:19 PM | Report Abuse

TTB predicted stock crash and he will enter the market at the bottom.

Problem is that his prediction might be true but maybe crash will only happen in 2017 or 2018. In the meantime, iCap just hoard the cash doing nothing. TTB got his yearly fee but shareholders got no benefit.

As a super investor paid millions every year, TTB should be able to pick stocks at will. People expect him to be expert stock picker. With his vast knowledge and experience, he should be able to invest and dispose shares at will. That is why people entrust their money to him. For him to just wait for crash and enter at the bottom of the market is just a proof that he is trying to time the market. Impossible unless he has crystal ball to know the future

Posted by yuefei01 > Jan 14, 2016 11:09 AM | Report Abuse

When market crashed and stock are cheap, you close your eye and buy also can make money. We don't need a super fund manager to invest for us during that time. We need a fund manager that can pick a performing stock when market is stagnant or going no way and beat the market. Or else, why should we pay their high salary. And this TTB really missed a lot of good opportunity for the pass few year like export oriented stock (like top glove, furniture...). A true value investor should invest whenever we see the value and not keep cash and wait for the market crash.

More n more London people found

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 07:18 | Report Abuse

Posted by yuefei01 > Sep 26, 2016 4:52 PM | Report Abuse

Trust me. keeping cash now is the best option for ICAP shareholder. With TTB stock selection skills, high change he will buy few more shares like PArkson or Boustead if we push him to buy now. Better wait for market to drop 50 % when even monkey can find an undervalue stock, then ICAP only buy share. Really pity those uncle that invest ICAP with their retirement money.

Posted by speakup > Sep 27, 2016 6:54 AM | Report Abuse

during the property theme bull, ICAP bought 0 property counters
during the export theme bull, ICAP bought 0 export counters
during the construction theme bull, ICAP bought 0 construction counters
now in the steel theme bull, ICAP bought 0 steel counters

WHAT IS THIS????? ICAP MISSING ALL THE BOAT!!!!

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 07:27 | Report Abuse

Will the loyal supporters remain loyal in 2020?

Hope they never go to London.....lol

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 07:30 | Report Abuse

are u willing to wait for another 10 years for market crash klci below 1000??

ChiChing

10 posts

Posted by ChiChing > 2019-10-12 07:32 | Report Abuse

City of london has an indirect interest in icap, but then why they was (maybe still is) seeking for board representation? Is that even possible?

This was in direct reference to https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/city-london-rejects-icaps-claim-guideline-breach

Posted by FlyHigh123 > 2019-10-12 08:36 | Report Abuse

wah I haven't come here to comment for 2 days and this forum is populated by comments already. I'm not judging la but CharlesT you've been spamming here all week lol. People criticize you abit and then you attack back. You're not working meh? so free one a? I don't really care about all this la. But it's amusing to me you've been spending so much time here when you could've have gone elsewhere to comment on other stocks that might benefit you, since I presume you're not a novice investor. Again this is not an attack on you CharlesT. I just put my 2 cents because I thought it was amusing lol

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 09:13 | Report Abuse

A newbie asked abt opinion on icap so i tried to help by digging out some of icap senior shareholders' comment for the past few years...

My intention is noble...

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-12 09:15 | Report Abuse

Happy investing freestyle...

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-12 15:39 | Report Abuse

CharlesT is doing a very job here for all ICap investors with no fee at all. I sincerely thank him.

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-10-12 18:55 | Report Abuse

As a long time investor of iCapital, I feel like I have a need to correct some misunderstandings as well as defuse the incorrect value judgments made.

The first problem I see is that people don't seem to understand what a closed-end fund(CEF) actually is, as compared to open-end fund like unit trust(UT) or other entities such as fixed deposit (FD). Like a UT, CEF is managed by professionals who have experience in the the stock market, and they try to increase their net assets over time. But unlike a UT, or even FD, CEF is traded on the stock market. So an easy example to think about this is that unlike conventional companies traded on the stock market, where investors would buy their shares based on the company's profits and investments made, such as real estate, commodities or technology, investors would buy CEF shares because of the investments in other companies and the growth of these companies contributed to the asset earned as a result. Therefore, the first misconception that I need to rectify is that when you buy CEF shares you are not charged with an fund entry fee, unlike UTs. You are only charged with the fees associated from buying shares on the stock market. And no, you're not charged the management fees, unlike UT. So I'm not sure what's the contention about management fees. So if normal companies charge a markup on their products to earn a living you don't complain, but if a CEF charges management fees to earn a living you said that it goes to TTB's pocket.

Second problem I see continues from the previous point, which is about management fees. First of all just to clear the confusion, the fees amount to 1.5% of the net asset value (NAV), 0.75% will go to Capital Dynamics Sdn Bhd (CDSB), and 0.75% will go to Capital Dynamics Asset Management (CDAM). Before you complain why is it like? Is it corruption? No. It has been stated very clearly in prospectus and annual reports. So it does not matter how high or low the absolute fees, like 6 or 8 million per year. What it matters is the NAV. The higher the NAV, the higher the fee and vice versa. Another point is that contrary to comments here, TTB does not just absorb all the management fees. It's an annual fee and he has to pay for other expenses as well such as rent and wages. Because ultimately he's not a remisier, he's a business owner. He is responsible for the livelihood of the people working for him.

Another concern is about market timing, that TTB is only waiting for the market to crash and then buy when its low, or that TTB missed some bullish windows to buy some stocks and thus lost the opportunity to gain. Like I said in my last post, the investment philosophy of iCapital is long term capital appreciation, which has nothing to do with what happens in the short and medium terms. iCapital invests when they think that the fundamental is strong and sell otherwise. Whether you think that's a good thing is up to your judgment. And someone pointed out that it's common sense that you could earn if you buy the stocks during the recessionary period and sell to earn the gain once the market starts going bullish. The problem in this argument is that you could convince yourself the logic of your perceived action but not everyone can pull it off. When fear floods the market, most people are unable to keep calm and they abandon sound investment framework. So you definitely need skill to earn from a recessionary period. If everyone can do that then we really don't need a fund manager or even listen to the so-called experts in this forum. We could just shake leg and wait for the recession to come and then earn huge gains.

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-10-12 18:56 | Report Abuse

Another problem that some people pointed was that the past comments were so negative, so I must listen to these people's advice and go against iCapital. Following this argument, if the majority consensus thinks that eating feces is nutritious, then you would follow their advice and eat feces as breakfast tomorrow, like animals do when they lack nutrition (see here https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/everyone-poops-some-animals-eat-it-why-180961020/). This is the problem of populism and group identify, in which you follow other people's advice without first thinking on your own what's good and bad. A more concrete example is the Vietnam war. During the Cold War, the Americans fought a war against the Vietnam communist because they thought that communism would spread in the South East Asia (SEA) region if left alone. But if you think about it properly, why would the Vietnam or even SEA threaten the survival of the Americans when they obviously have inferior weaponry and a high cost of travelling to the US? The Americans lost so much in a war that even they felt was stupid to fight in. In short, the Americans were fighting an unjust war against the Vietnamese who is fighting for a just cause. The same thing can be seen in this forum. In fact, there are many more examples of this problem littered in history. I just don't have time and you also don't want a history lecture. But the point is that if you only hear what other people without doing your own research, then you are just a puppet who only follows what other people says. (You might think I'm a historian or a political scientist by occupation. No, I'm not. I'm just not ignorant.)

Lastly, people are talking about winding up and liquidating the funds come next year. Now, if you really believe that the fund is not earning as much as you thought, you are free to think that way. But you do not have to be so insulting or caustic about it. If the fund is liquidated, that means a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and livelihood. So what I'm saying is you have your own opinions but you don't have to denigrate the efforts of the people who are trying to make a living. You might say the world is a cruel place, and such injustice happens all this time. Yes it is and it does happen, but a little kindness and emphathy goes a long way.

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-10-12 19:07 | Report Abuse

(Just to be sure, the references I made have nothing to do with Ong Teik Bee, I'm just saying in general.)

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-10-12 19:19 | Report Abuse

Freestyle, ICAP's investment approach is value investing. This approach involves a lot of research, looking for undervalue stocks. When a value investor thinks that the market is overvalue, the stocks are selling at high valuation, he will keep cash, waiting for the right opportunity. This is not timing the marketing. ICAP does not keep high cash level all the time, its cash level dropped to as low as 10.5% in 2009. Value investor like Warren Buffett also keeps high cash level when he thinks the market is overvalue. In fact, one has to do a lot of research to come to the conclusion that the market is overvalue and one should keep cash. In other words, keeping cash does not equal being lazy and not doing any work. On the contrary, it is a decision after a careful research. Freestyle, you are new, please be careful in who you can trust. There are many people out there who are lying and very irresponsible. Think for yourself, if you want to buy a house, you would study the house, the area, etc carefully, then make a decision. After considering, if you think that the house is selling above its true value because of a property bubble and you should keep cash now, are you being lazy because you did not buy the house and keep cash ? No, you are being wise. Those who say that you are lazy is very unfair and irresponsible. So Freestyle, think carefully and do your own research, then you will know who is telling the truth and who is trying to cheat you.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-12 19:36 |

Post removed.Why?

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-10-12 19:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Oct 12, 2019 7:36 PM | Report Abuse

U HAVE BEEN MISLEAD & BRAINWASH BY TTB LOH...!!

Posted by iPilot50 > Oct 12, 2019 6:55 PM | Report Abuse
(Lazy to copy and paste everything)

You really see the character of someone who uses CAPITAL LETTERS and insults people by using "sohai" or "pondan" words to prove their point, and use value judgment on TTB without talking to him or his staff in person or attend the AGM.

When savages cannot convince you they regress their brain into the Stone Age in order to show dominance. Hello this is the 21st century okay. "Uh uh uh ah ah ah" is not how you convince others (That's your monkey call btw). Wake up from your dream. You're not the king of monkeys now. We live in a society that has consequences in things we do. You don't just assume things you don't know.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-12 19:54 | Report Abuse

DO NOT BE CONFUSE TTB IS VERY SELFISH WHEN HE MANAGE ICAP WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE INVESTOR PLIGHT LOH...!!

Posted by iPilot50 > Oct 12, 2019 6:56 PM | Report Abuse

Another problem that some people pointed was that the past comments were so negative, so I must listen to these people's advice and go against iCapital. Following this argument, if the majority consensus thinks that eating feces is nutritious, then you would follow their advice and eat feces as breakfast tomorrow, like animals do when they lack nutrition (see here https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/everyone-poops-some-anim...). This is the problem of populism and group identify, in which you follow other people's advice without first thinking on your own what's good and bad. A more concrete example is the Vietnam war. During the Cold War, the Americans fought a war against the Vietnam communist because they thought that communism would spread in the South East Asia (SEA) region if left alone. But if you think about it properly, why would the Vietnam or even SEA threaten the survival of the Americans when they obviously have inferior weaponry and a high cost of travelling to the US? The Americans lost so much in a war that even they felt was stupid to fight in. In short, the Americans were fighting an unjust war against the Vietnamese who is fighting for a just cause. The same thing can be seen in this forum. In fact, there are many more examples of this problem littered in history. I just don't have time and you also don't want a history lecture. But the point is that if you only hear what other people without doing your own research, then you are just a puppet who only follows what other people says. (You might think I'm a historian or a political scientist by occupation. No, I'm not. I'm just not ignorant.) THE PROBLEM U HEARING ILLOGICAL EXPLANATION BY TTB LOH...!! REFUSING TO PAY DIVIDEND & YET CANNOT FIND VALUE STOCK TO INVEST & PUT MORE THAN 60% OF THE MONIES IN CASH EARNING TINY RETURN & WORRIED THAT TTB MANAGEMENT FEES WILL REDUCE BCOS OF LOWER NAV AFTER PAYING DIVIDEND LOH...!!
IF U PUT MONIES IN FD 1 YR OR 2 YR IN FD PEOPLE UNDERSTAND LOH...!!
NOT LIKE PUTTING FD IN MONIES IN FD AFTER 5 YRS STILL CANNOT FIND SOME REASONABLE INVESTMENT DESPITE US PAYING HUGE MANAGEMENT FEES OF MORE THAN RM 10M, IF U SHAKE LEG FOR SO LONG WHY SHOULD WE WORSHIP U LEH ?

Lastly, people are talking about winding up and liquidating the funds come next year. Now, if you really believe that the fund is not earning as much as you thought, you are free to think that way. But you do not have to be so insulting or caustic about it. If the fund is liquidated, that means a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and livelihood. So what I'm saying is you have your own opinions but you don't have to denigrate the efforts of the people who are trying to make a living. You might say the world is a cruel place, and such injustice happens all this time. Yes it is and it does happen, but a little kindness and emphathy goes a long way.
ICAP IS A COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION AND NOT A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION LOH...!! IT NEED TO MAKE GOOD MONIES TO SURVIVE LOH...!!
FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, ICAP EXIST MORE TO THE BENEFIT OF TTB THAN THE INVESTORS LOH....!!
WHY SHOULD U FEEL EMPATHY FOR CONMAN TTB, WHEN HE HAS NO EMPATHY FOR U OR THE INVESTOR LEH ??
10 LONG YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH TO GAUGE THE PERFORMANCE OF ICAP....IF WE EXTEND ANOTHER 10 YRS....THIS TTB MAY CONTINUE PUT MONIES IN FD....AND EARN HIS MONIES IN FD WITHOUT PAYING US ANY DIVIDEND FOR ANOTHER 10 YRS LOH...!!
CITY OF LONDON IS RIGHT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...IT IS TIME TO VOTE FOR DISSOLUTION OF ICAP LOH...!!

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-10-12 19:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Oct 12, 2019 7:53 PM | Report Abuse

DO NOT BE CONFUSE TTB IS VERY SELFISH WHEN HE MANAGE ICAP WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE INVESTOR PLIGHT LOH...!!

Posted by iPilot50 > Oct 12, 2019 6:56 PM | Report Abuse
(Lazy to copy and paste everything)

I see this comment and your other comments I'm very scared...for your mental health. Every comment either has CAPS or has the word "sohai." Do you meet up with your psychologist or psychiatrist everyday? Don't miss your meetings and eat your medicine on time. You're in a dire situation.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-12 20:00 |

Post removed.Why?

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2019-10-12 20:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by CharlesT > Oct 12, 2019 7:25 AM | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Mar 7, 2019 3:36 PM | Report Abuse

ttb is supported in his icap funds by a loyal group of initial investors.

Those who invested over the last 10 years of his fund probably made very little gains.

High time ICAP mgmt should reward those loyal customers who had stood with them since ICAP inception till now.
Why so mean to the loyalists?
You will need them come 2020 - the "end time" of this closed fund to help you to decide if the fund is to continue.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-12 22:16 | Report Abuse

ICap is mainly a closed end fixed deposit investment fund with high fees for depositing retailers' cash in the bank by ttb & co ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-12 22:34 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 10): City of London Investment Management Company Ltd (CLIM) has refuted icapital.biz Bhd's (ICAP) claim that it has breached the Securities Commission’s (SC) guideline pertaining to its purported increased shareholdings in ICAP.

Accprding to the UK-based investment management company, it is actually not a shareholder in ICAP per se.

"CLIM is an investment adviser and does not hold any shares in ICAP, either as nominee or as beneficial owner, and has disclosed clearly how its clients’ shares in ICAP are held.

"CLIM has not breached any SC guideline and no client holding, as managed by CLIM, exceeds 20%," said CLIM's head of corporate governance Simon Westlake in an email response to theedgemarkets.com.

The guideline for public offerings of securities of closed-end funds limit shareholders from holding more than 20% of the funds.

Yesterday, ICAP said in a statement that CLIM had upped its shareholdings in the company to 20.08% after making purchases in the open market, thus breaching SC's guideline.

ICAP said since its first announcement of a 5.12% stake in the fund’s shares in 2011, CLIM has been steadily increasing its shareholding.

Westlake today said his team has still not received a satisfactory response from ICAP’s board in respect to some concerns it has raised pertaining to the company's financial management.

The UK-based firm unsuccessfully tried to seek board representation in ICAP in 2012 and 2014. It has been objecting to the reelection of ICAP’s directors.

ICAP, the only closed-end fund listed on Bursa Malaysia, is managed by Capital Dynamics Asset Management Sdn Bhd with investment advice provided by Capital Dynamics Sdn Bhd. Both firms were founded by Tan Teng Boo.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-12 22:55 | Report Abuse

London is an investment advisor. Of course, we got many investment advisors here also who can continue to advise the novice investors here after gulong tikar ICap lah next year.

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-13 06:29 | Report Abuse

Hari ini dalam sejarah again.....

Posted by kcchongnz > Nov 16, 2012 7:27 AM | Report Abuse

Tan Teng Boo made the following statement during the last AGM saga.
“My 18% growth which I have built up may be gone. Our NAV has gained 189% since listing or 18% per annum. At such a rate, in seven years time, it would be RM8.78. We give consistent long-term returns,”

The first part of 18% per annum gain of icap is 100% true but the main reason I bought quite a bit icap shares was because it was selling at a discount of >25% then. I have sold most of it with good gain, thanks. But how many people go deeper to analyze if CDAM really have done such a fantastic job for its shareholders as professed through the hero worshipping of shareholders and the ultra arrogant behaviour of TTB against the very people who employ and pay him his fees? I did and here I would like to share with you.
The gain of 18% pa of icap’s NAV over the 7 years period from inception to now (October 30 2012) outperformed KLCI of 12.0% (including dividend) by a wide margin of 4.8%. However a closer look at its performance shows that all the outperformance was achieved in the initial period from inception up to 3 January 2008, when its NAV improved by 126% compared to 60% of KLCI.
However, soon after that, in tandem with the decline of the world markets and KLCI, icap’s NAV declined to its lowest at RM1.42 on 31st October 2008. After that NAV increased steadily again to RM2.96 on 2nd November 2012. However since the peak NAV on 3rd January 2008, the CAR of icap NAV is only 5.9%, closely follows the total return of KLCI of 6%. Even from the low of the market on 5th March 2009, CAR of NAV of icap to 2nd November 2012 of 21% doesn’t match up with the total return of KLCI of 22% per year. Where is the hot hand of TTB during this period? Was it just a temporary phenomenon happened by some luck factor in the early days?
However, in terms of share price performance, I am afraid that icap’s return of 12.6% per year for the entire period is not much better than that of the return of the market of about 12.0%. Worst for those people who bought icap near its peak 5 years ago. The share price on 2nd November 2012 is 10% below then, or at a loss of 2% pa. During the same period, return of KLCI was 6% a year. This means the share price of icap underperformed the market by huge 8% per year.
So TTB, are you sure of what you said above that your return is consistent, and that you could continue to increase NAV consistently at 18% pa for the next 7 years to make icap share at RM8.78 in October 2019? If that is achieved, I would agree that you would be one of the best fund managers in the world as claimed by you in an AGM some years ago. It is not easy lei. For the shareholders of icap, I think your investment could be really, really, really long-term.
reholders of icap, TTB is their Oracle!
Well, it really beats me. The Oracle of Bursa Malaysia!

Posted by 3iii > Mar 7, 2019 3:42 PM | Report Abuse

At inception of icap closed end fund, the hope was this fund could grow at 15% per year from 2005 to 2020. That is $1 capital invested will double every 5 years and in 15 years, will grow to $8.00.

Rm8+ by Oct 2019??? NAV Rm3+ n share price rm2.4 now...

Less than 50% of his target....surely a FAIL isnt it?

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-13 06:43 | Report Abuse

http://bursastocktalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/was-mr-tan-teng-boo-extreme-in-his.html

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/ultimate-bear

I think TTb has been waiting for market to crash (kLCi below 1000) since 2011/2012 n he walked his talk to hold huge position of cash in FD since then till now...

So for his loyal shareholders who shared his faith u may consider to support him for icap not to close shop next year...

If mkt really crash KLCi fell below 1000 in near future then u will share the great success with Ttb

If mkt no crash KLCI doesnt fall below 1000 then pls be patient to allow ttb to place yr money into FD for another 10 years etc and charge rm8m every year..

Sounds fair to u right the loyal shareholders? Better to do so than buying some stocks like Parkson or Bat......

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-13 06:52 | Report Abuse

Alternately if u choose for ICAP to close shop u get a instant return of 20% to 30% (?)

So how?

To get an instant 20% to 30% next year or

To die die wait with TTB for mkt crash klci below 1000 in anohter 5 years or 10 years time....(or it may never come)

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-13 06:58 | Report Abuse

Just a gentle reminder

While waiting for the mkt to crash u may not receive any div n likely not much of capital gain too

However, somebody will still receive Rm7M-RM8M a year whether klci below 1000 or not or whether u got div to eat chicken rice or not

U may not be able to wait but he certainly can wait, even for another 10 to 15 years

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-13 07:08 | Report Abuse

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/ultimate-bear

“There will be many cheap stocks, which I will buy in a bombed-out market when there are no buyers,” beams Tan. “I have been a lonely bear in recent years, and I think I will be a lonely bull when global stock markets collapse to unthinkable levels.”

This article appeared in the Personal Wealth of Issue 715 (Feb 15 2016) of The Edge Singapore.

With RM8M a year, he is a happy lonely bear.......................................

stkstudent

245 posts

Posted by stkstudent > 2019-10-13 15:38 | Report Abuse

iPilot50, hahaha.. the pot calling the kettle black...

ICAP is for the small investor, remember ?
this is how small investors talk when they feel agrieved,
i think it is justified,
U are evidently not a small investor, who need the dividend or capital returns for cashflow ..
Pls dont act high n mighty,
U are out of touch & have no empthy with small investors issue,
Are you one of TTB staff ?

iPilot50 As a long time investor of iCapital, I feel like I have a need to correct some misunderstandings as well as defuse the incorrect value judgments made.

I see this comment and your other comments I'm very scared...for your mental health. Every comment either has CAPS or has the word "sohai." Do you meet up with your psychologist or psychiatrist everyday? Don't miss your meetings and eat your medicine on time. You're in a dire situation.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-13 21:13 | Report Abuse

"If the fund is liquidated, that means a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and livelihood. So what I'm saying is you have your own opinions but you don't have to denigrate the efforts of the people who are trying to make a living. You might say the world is a cruel place, and such injustice happens all this time. Yes it is and it does happen, but a little kindness and emphathy goes a long way."

Got people who regard ICap is a welfare fund whose objective is to give jobs and livelihood to people who are trying to make a living. And a little kindness and emphathy goes a long way to the fund.

ahbah .... just a novice investor only who no got understand the above lah.

stkstudent

245 posts

Posted by stkstudent > 2019-10-13 21:21 | Report Abuse

pg 2 of AR :

'Your Fund does not have any staff. Its operations are
outsourced to independent service providers.'

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-13 21:28 | Report Abuse

Please get ipilot50 to comment on your quotation. Thanks.

stkstudent

245 posts

Posted by stkstudent > 2019-10-13 21:31 | Report Abuse

iPilot50 ?? hahaha...

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 09:22 | Report Abuse

iPilot50 is the ICap investment advisor here for u.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 09:26 | Report Abuse

"To get an instant 20% to 30% next year or"

Just follow CharlesT to get easy money of instant 20% to 30% next year !

U got know what to do ?

Just ask Mr CharlesT lah.

Thanks.

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 09:40 | Report Abuse

I suggested there are 2 options for all the shareholders comes 15 years anniversary

U make yr own choice...yr money yr call...lol

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 09:59 | Report Abuse

To Mr CharlesT,

All ICap investors want money !

Please tell us what to do if we all want 30% gain next year. Thank you, Sir.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 10:02 | Report Abuse

Please help us because there got some people who want to turn ICap into a welfare fund of providing jobs and livelihood.

Thank you.

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 10:02 | Report Abuse

To Mr CharlesT,

U sure all investors want money ah???? lol

Wait for EGM(?) next year...

u can either vote yes or no then

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 10:06 | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Oct 14, 2019 10:02 AM | Report Abuse

Please help us because there got some people who want to turn ICap into a welfare fund of providing jobs and livelihood.

Thank you.

alternately u may create many new ids here trying to encourage shareholders to vote a no in egm later...lol

ahteck85

36 posts

Posted by ahteck85 > 2019-10-14 10:09 | Report Abuse

CharlesT and ahbah, I did some research on icapital.biz and found this at page 46 of their IPO prospectus...

"Accordingly, the Articles of Association of icapital.biz contain provisions to the effect that at the annual general meeting to be held in the 15th year after the company is listed on Bursa Securities and the Company has not then been wound up, the Board shall, at the AGM to be convened in the 5th year following the date of the AGM provided the Company has not then been wound up and subject to the SC Guideline-CEF and any law then in force, propose an ordinary resolution that icapital.biz shall continue as a closed-end fund for a further period of 5 years following the date of such general meeting."

From the statement, the fund is to vote on an ordinary resolution on the 20th year whether to wind down or not.

Where did you'll get the impression on the 15th year? Is there any new resolution that has been passed to replace this? Kindly verify

Any legal expert here? Maybe I am a dotard and have misread it.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 10:14 | Report Abuse

"in the 15th year" and not "on the 20th year"

Is "on the 20th year" inside the "in the 15th year" ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 10:16 | Report Abuse

ahteck85, thanks for sharing the "page 46".

ahteck85

36 posts

Posted by ahteck85 > 2019-10-14 10:30 | Report Abuse

at the AGM convened in the 5TH YEAR FOLLOWING the date of the AGM (year 15th), which obviously means the 20th year.

How I wish I could Bold/Highlight/Underline the content in CAPS.

If I had not chanced upon this statement, I (and many others) would have been misled by you'll.

CharlesT I suggested there are 2 options for all the shareholders comes 15 years anniversary

U make yr own choice...yr money yr call...lol
14/10/2019 9:40 AM

ahbah To Mr CharlesT,

Please tell us what to do if we all want 30% gain next year. Thank you, Sir.
14/10/2019 9:59 AM
14/10/2019 10:29 AM

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 10:33 | Report Abuse

then somebody no need to create so many new IDs here....wait till 4 years later

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 10:35 | Report Abuse

Still can patiently wait another 4-5 years for KLCI to crash below 1000

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-14 10:46 | Report Abuse

Sorry the 1st voting to dissolve in next year & not 20 year mah....!!

The 20 yr will be 2nd voting mah.....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-14 10:47 | Report Abuse

So be prepared for battle royale in the next agm loh...!!

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-14 10:51 | Report Abuse

All investors who invest in saving account only also perform better than the KLCI for the last 3 years ?

CharlesT

14,881 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-14 10:51 | Report Abuse

Just a simple question to ahteck85. .r u happy with yr inv in icap?

Do u want to give ttb another 5 years time to wait for mkt crash klci below 1000 nobody dares to buy shares then?

If the answer is yes then continue to buy n keep loh...

Yr money yr call..ok?

Post a Comment