ICAPITAL.BIZ BHD

KLSE (MYR): ICAP (5108)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.02 (0.67%)

Day's Change

3.00 - 3.06

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

5,885 comment(s). Last comment by hopetobecorrect 1 day ago

Posted by FlyHigh123 > 2019-11-01 14:21 | Report Abuse

hey ahbah I'm not talking about you also you perasan for what. You poor and you're from kampung are not my problem you know lol. if you don't know shit then think and reflect about how to invest, not come here talk cock about one single company day in day out.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 14:25 | Report Abuse

ahteck85, U got any Icap share ? or U makan gaji at Icap ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 14:37 | Report Abuse

"Who are the winners?

1. Those who have been holding the funds since inception. They are the winners.
2. Those who bought in 2008 and 2009, they are winners. They would have bought icap close end fund at a low price.
3. Yes, the fund manager has been a big winner in this fund. This is to be expected as managing fund is a highly lucrative business indeed.

Who are the losers?

1. Those who bought into icap at the time of over-enthusiasm, when icap was trading at a huge premium. Those who bought into icap in 2007 and who did not hold the stocks till today were more likely to be losers.
2. Those who bought the stock in the last 3 years. They would have lost due to non-performance or poor performance of the fund over this period. They would have enjoyed a better return from investing into their risk free FDs."

The above mkt sermon from our sifu 3iii is like mkt god sermon written in stone.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 14:44 | Report Abuse

FlyHigh123, sori lah if I talk cork, just ignore me, please.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 14:51 | Report Abuse

THATS WHY IT IS MUCH MORE VALUABLE FOR ICAP TO BE DEAD THAN ALIVE, IN ORDER TO END THE SUFFERING OF THE MAJORITY OF ICAP SHAREHOLDERS...!!

THE MAJORITY OF ICAP SHAREHOLDERS SHOULD JOIN LONDON TO CLOSE DOWN ICAP IN 2020 LOH.....!!

THEY AT LEAST GET A 30% GAIN LOH....!!

If ICap is dead next year, I think ALL, ALL ICap shareholders will be winners if they can get the NAV.

Our sifu 3iii .... the top n biggest winner !

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 15:22 | Report Abuse

Without Icap next yr, our sifu 3iii's kitty will be OVERFLOW with $$$$ !

ahteck85

36 posts

Posted by ahteck85 > 2019-11-01 15:22 | Report Abuse

Of course I have shares, if not, i wouldn't be bothered to look at this forum.
If you buy at the peak (at NAV premium), you have only yourself to blame. Who ask you to chase the stock.

Anyway, KLCI was down over the last 2-3 years. You must be damn smart to forecast that market will fall and invest your $$ in risk-free FD. I can also talk with hind-side bias.

Also, ICAP did have quite a % of the fund in cash and equivalents, which is what you recommended. So, what's wrong? What do you propose ICAP to hold over the last 2-3 years?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 15:44 | Report Abuse

No wrong.

Are U a big winner if ICap is dead next yr ?

ahteck85

36 posts

Posted by ahteck85 > 2019-11-01 16:40 | Report Abuse

And loser in the long term.

Coz i need to be smart like ahbah/ICap - to put $$ in FD over last 3 years and reduce exposure to stocks before market drops. ahteck85 is not that smart, most probably will lose $$ if I invest something else. Unless ahbah or ICap help me.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-01 17:42 | Report Abuse

Stocktraitor :THATS WHY IT IS MUCH MORE VALUABLE FOR ICAP TO BE DEAD THAN ALIVE, IN ORDER TO END THE SUFFERING OF THE MAJORITY OF ICAP SHAREHOLDERS...!!
Suffering majority shareholder suffering????
9% compound return over 14 yrs despite global crisis in 2008 & other ups & downs in mkt .
ANOTHER GARBAGE POSTING WITHOUT BASIS!!!

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-01 18:17 | Report Abuse

Stocktraitor :THATS WHY IT IS MUCH MORE VALUABLE FOR ICAP TO BE DEAD THAN ALIVE, IN ORDER TO END THE SUFFERING OF THE MAJORITY OF ICAP SHAREHOLDERS...!!
Suffering majority shareholder suffering????
9% compound return over 14 yrs despite global crisis in 2008 & other ups & downs in mkt .
ANOTHER GARBAGE POSTING WITHOUT BASIS!!!

9% return p.a. by warren buffett malaysia. Pui... pui... pui.... lagi need to pay him for such performance. real warren buffett wind up the fund by himself and apologize to fund holders 5 years ago.

cause he is just a wannabe warren buffett. and I am wannabe charlie munger.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 18:23 | Report Abuse

"Those who are buying into icap.biz for short term gains, often are disappointed and rightly so. Over the short term, the stock prices of icap.biz were volatile, though in the long term, it has risen steadily over the years.

Not surprisingly, I conclude that they are more disgrunted investors, numerically, in icap (those who realised losses or are still sitting on losses) than the happy investors.

Also, it is probably the 20% who are in icap.biz who are the real winners in this stock."

Above from our sifu 3iii

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-01 18:25 | Report Abuse

5years ago.....
warren buffett: this is a market i cant understand. it is time to return the capital to holders.
wannabe warren buffett: our country is at a depressing situation..... bamboo takes years without growing then suddenly one day you found out it sprout out tremedously. (being philosophical is my strength, which real buffett lack of)

holder?
one got instant realized profit in pocket.
one is scratching own head, how come my FD interest is not forth coming yet FD is no PIDM protected.

integrity.
lansai lan.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-01 18:34 | Report Abuse

" majority shareholder suffering???? " ... from raider =

= "it is probably the 20% who are in icap.biz who are the real winners in this stock." from 3iii

They spar fiercely against one another n yet appear to agree on the score of winners / losers in ICap ?

Quincy

46 posts

Posted by Quincy > 2019-11-02 10:46 | Report Abuse

If you really treats him as sifu, you would start thinking why probably only the 20% who are in icap.biz who are the real winners in this stock. And he actually gave you an answer on 30th October at 1:42 p.m.

"It was Peter Lynch (I think), who wrote that during his tenure of his fund, the majority of investors who bought and sold his fund lost money. This was despite the fund growing in value at a compound annual rate of 30% or so, for almost 30 years.

The inference, even if you have selected the right fund or fund manager, your returns may be negative due to factors unrelated to them, but to yourself."
...........................................................................................................................................................
ahbah "Those who are buying into icap.biz for short term gains, often are disappointed and rightly so. Over the short term, the stock prices of icap.biz were volatile, though in the long term, it has risen steadily over the years.

Not surprisingly, I conclude that they are more disgrunted investors, numerically, in icap (those who realised losses or are still sitting on losses) than the happy investors.

Also, it is probably the 20% who are in icap.biz who are the real winners in this stock."

Above from our sifu 3iii

Quincy

46 posts

Posted by Quincy > 2019-11-02 10:47 | Report Abuse

@stockraider the man who broke the Bank of England told me you are an insider in Heng Yuan trying to mislead retail investors

Quincy

46 posts

Posted by Quincy > 2019-11-02 11:10 | Report Abuse

@ahbah if you actually spend your time digging things further, you would be so much further ahead than @stockraider.

Start End BRK.A 5 yr CAGR 5-yr Treasury (CM)
1998 2003 3.80% 4.30%
2000 2005 4.50% 4.35%
2004 2009 2.40% 2.70%
2006 2011 0.90% 0.83%
2007 2012 -1.10% 0.72%

Let me reiterate simple & short although @blackjack21 think otherwise. If you invested in BRK.A in 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 or 2007 and hold it for five years, your compounded annual return in 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011 or 2012 will be 3.8%, 4.5%, 2.4%, 0.9% or -1.1% which are all either similar or lower than the 5-yr treasury rate. @stockraider will say BRK.A is thrash during the end period stated above. Then again, an investor in BRK.A in exactly these end periods 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011 and 2012 will generate a compounded annual return of 10%, 10%, 10.9%, 14% and 17.6% by 2018. Maybe @stockraider is right, BRK should also gulung tikar, liquidate its equity value of ~US$400 billion to supply Malaysia one year worth of free income (our GDP is ~US$320 bln) so that everyone can rest and sembah @stockraider.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 11:44 | Report Abuse

Quincy, thanks for your info.

31ii got presented here more than enough outstanding original papers to be fit n qualified as a mkt sifu. I got no choice but to respect him as such.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 12:34 | Report Abuse

Oct 30, 2019 1:38 PM | Report Abuse

"Closed-end fund often trades at a discount inviting predators that are after short-term quick gains, rather than long-term bigger gains."

The above is the unwritten n yet unbreakable law of closed-end fund as written by our sifu 3iii.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-11-02 12:35 |

Post removed.Why?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 12:43 | Report Abuse

"WARREN BUFFET DRAW VERY MODEST PAY RELATIVE TO THE COMPANY PROFIT UNLIKE TTB HIS FEES EVEN SOMETIME EXCEEDED ICAP PROFIT LOH...!!"

WB modest pay is a BIG FAT salary or a CHICKEN FEED salary as compared to the fund size he managed ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 15:11 | Report Abuse

"Closed-end fund often trades at a discount inviting predators that are after short-term quick gains, rather than long-term bigger gains."

The above is the unwritten n yet unbreakable law of closed-end fund as written by our sifu 3iii.

Icap got subject to the above unwritten law ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-11-02 16:05 | Report Abuse

Under performing closed end fund trade at a big discount, while outperforming trade at a premium loh...!!

It is obvious icap is an underperforming fund with its compound return 1% pa over 5 years , as most of its monies is in fd to protect the management fees and TTB draw fat fees compare to icap profit loh..!!

UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCES CLOSING DOWN ICAP, WITH GAIN OF 30% IS AN OBVIOUS BENEFICIAL THING TO DO LOH...!!

LONDON IS RIGHT TO CLOSE DOWN ICAP LOH....!!

Posted by ahbah > Nov 2, 2019 3:11 PM | Report Abuse

Icap got subject to the above unwritten law ?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-02 17:33 | Report Abuse

>>>

Posted by stockraider > Nov 2, 2019 4:05 PM | Report Abuse

Under performing closed end fund trade at a big discount, while outperforming trade at a premium loh...!!

>>>>

Once again, raider is not ònly dishonest, he is stupid in his comment too.

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-02 17:41 | Report Abuse

>>>

Posted by Quincy > Nov 2, 2019 10:47 AM | Report Abuse

@stockraider the man who broke the Bank of England told me you are an insider in Heng Yuan trying to mislead retail investors

>>>>

Is he part of a sin-de-cat?

Shocking revelation indeed!

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 17:42 | Report Abuse

UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCES CLOSING DOWN ICAP, WITH GAIN OF 30% IS AN OBVIOUS BENEFICIAL THING TO DO LOH...!!

Closing down ICap benefits ALL shareholders of ICap.

Without ICap, all shareholders can still invest long term by just keeping a little more cash in their portfolio, just like ttb lah instead of ttb keeping our cash ?

Can our sifu 3iii invest long term without ICap ?

Maybe those who makan gaji at ICap are fighting for the survival of ICap ? Of course, they can also makan gaji elsewhere without Icap ? No problem lah ?

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-02 17:49 | Report Abuse

Dear Ahbah the novice investor, be careful of what your good frens advise you, don't just look at the performance of the fund alone, need to look at the permitted assets, eg ArecaEquity Fund, one of your good fren mentioned earlier, the investment exposure includes DERIVATIVES (not exceed its NAV) and STRUCTURED PRODUCTS which are very high risks.

I bet you don't know what is structured products since you are novice investor. Structured products brought down Lehman Brothers and is the real trigger of the global financial crisis in 2008 which is sometimes referred to as the Lehman Panic!

So, you want this type of investment, up to you but can you sleep soundly at night?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-02 17:54 | Report Abuse

I onli know nuts about structured products !

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-02 22:54 | Report Abuse

After icap bungkus, novice investor like ahbah will hv to listen to others to find a good stock since u not prepared to fo your

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-02 22:59 | Report Abuse

Not prepared to your homework. U will end up losing than benefitting if u listen to your good frens superficial advice.

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-03 08:22 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-03 09:22 | Report Abuse

If Laxey Partner wishes to pay a price closer to the NAV price, this gap would have narrowed. On the other hand, it was also this discount that allowed them to buy into this fund in the first place? Now they are going for their exit strategy. They are invited to be long term investors in this fund, just like the rest.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-11-03 12:16 | Report Abuse

Ask yourself if someone manage your fund for the past 5 yrs,making compound return of only 1% pa and charge u huge management fees and refuse to buy back your investment, when it is trading at huge discount below 30% of its NAV, just bcos if he buy back icap ,that will affect his management fees a little, does that person act with integrity leh ??

3iii IS TALKING RUBBISH HERE LOH....!!

THE SUFFERING SHAREHOLDER ARE APPEALING TTB TO DO SOMETHING ON ICAP FOR 5 LONG YEARS, BUT TTB JUST IGNORE THEM, HIS FOCUS ON PROTECTING HIS MANAGEMENT FEES LOH..!!

IN THAT CASE IT BEST TO CLOSE ICAP IN THE COMING 2020 VOTES .

REMEMBER TO SUPPORT LONDON YOUR SAVIOR LOH....!!

Posted by 3iii > Nov 3, 2019 8:22 AM | Report Abuse

Advice for those who invest in mutual funds.

Besides determining the ability and integrity of the fund manager, as well as its costs (front end, back end fees, other fees), please look into the assets that the fund is invested into. Many investors into a fund fail to study this.

It is obvious that the London group is in icap.biz because it is undervalued. What is not certain is their time horizon. I welcome their involvement in icap.biz as they have contributed too to the ownes' activities which is important too.

Posted by 3iii > Nov 3, 2019 8:35 AM | Report Abuse

http://myinvestingnotes.blogspot.com/2012/11/i-throw-my-support-for-ta...?m=1

Posted by 3iii > Nov 3, 2019 9:22 AM | Report Abuse

If Laxey Partner wishes to pay a price closer to the NAV price, this gap would have narrowed. On the other hand, it was also this discount that allowed them to buy into this fund in the first place? Now they are going for their exit strategy. They are invited to be long term investors in this fund, just like the rest.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-03 15:21 | Report Abuse

"Posted by jeydan89 > Nov 2, 2019 10:54 PM | Report Abuse

After icap bungkus, novice investor like ahbah will hv to listen to others to find a good stock since u not prepared to fo your"

Thanks for your concern for novice investors like ahbah. ahbah got no worry at all bcos ahbah got mani sifu here to listen to like sifu 3iii.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-03 15:35 | Report Abuse

"Besides determining the ability and integrity of the fund manager, as well as its costs (front end, back end fees, other fees), please look into the assets that the fund is invested into. Many investors into a fund fail to study this."

How to determine the ability n intergrity of the fund manager like WB ?

Got depend on :

Where the fund manager put his own personal money like WB ?

What is the salary of the fund manager like WB ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-03 15:50 | Report Abuse

"It is obvious that the London group is in icap.biz because it is undervalued. What is not certain is their time horizon. I welcome their involvement in icap.biz as they have contributed too to the ownes' activities which is important too. "

Wow ! The above post is godly !

JohnDough

148 posts

Posted by JohnDough > 2019-11-03 21:10 | Report Abuse

Again, despite all the nonsense talk, no one has still been able to show me a fund that has outperformed iCap until now – so 9% CAGR underperforming against what, still unproven. As I said, safe, transparent, perform. Proof is in the pudding.

Also again, what shareholders despite TTB when every year at AGM ICAP shareholders vote for TTB against London? Focus on the facts. The minority, fortunately, doesn’t rule.

Again, When you are placing your life savings with someone, trust in who you place your money matters a lot – in a way, it matters the most. Ahbah, stockraider, stkstudent, cheoky etc. do not understand this.

Also stockraider, please stop embarrassing yourself further. Berkshire Hathaway is not a fund, it is an operating business. So it can do share buybacks because it generates cash flow from its operating businesses. A simple 5 minute check would have sufficed to figure this out – and you are trying to convince people? Haha

Similarly, if share buy backs was to work, why is it that London has bought 20%+ and there is still a discount? Think more, talk less.

Again, as per my previous post, the fund recommended by cheoky charges 1.9% and 2-4% entry fee – how is iCap expensive? It doesn’t even charge a performance fee – and it is safe, and it performs. Hatred and jealousy is unhealthy ladies.

It is true, people from a distance really cannot tell who is who.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-03 21:35 | Report Abuse

"When you are placing your life savings with someone, trust in who you place your money with matters a lot – in a way, it matters the most. This is perhaps what ahbah, stockraider, stkstudent, cheoky etc. do not understand."

When Icap make money n give me money, then I sure trust ICap lah.

When ICap make money, whose gaji got naik ? I got nothing lah !

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-03 22:00 | Report Abuse

"Again, despite all the nonsense talk, no one has still been able to show me a fund that has outperformed iCap until now – so 9% CAGR underperforming against what, still unproven. As I said, safe, transparent, perform. Proof is in the pudding."

Who got the benefits from the 9% CAGR ?

The fund manage got gaji growth ? or

The shareholders got dividend growth ? or

The ICap fund is the personal fund (contributed by charitable shareholders of ICap) of the fund manager for him to grow his gaji ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-11-04 08:57 |

Post removed.Why?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-04 11:00 | Report Abuse

"Posted by JohnDough > Nov 3, 2019 9:10 PM | Report Abuse

Again, despite all the nonsense talk, no one has still been able to show me a fund that has outperformed iCap until now – so 9% CAGR underperforming against what, still unproven. As I said, safe, transparent, perform. Proof is in the pudding."

Mr John is so proud n got his 9% CAGR gaji in his pocket and proclaimed loud n clear - safe, transparent, perform n the proof is in his pocket ?

Until ICap shareholders got their 9% CAGR div. in his pocket, it is not safe, transparent , perform lah.

It will be safe, transparent , perform for the shareholders onli when ICap tutup kedai and the shareholders got the 9% CAGR and their capital back from ICap.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-04 11:09 | Report Abuse

When all ICap shareholders got back their moni with 9% CAGR from ICap, then we all together with our Mr JohnDough proclaim loud n clear to the whole wide world - safe, transparent, perform.

The proof is in our pockets !

fong7

647 posts

Posted by fong7 > 2019-11-04 11:11 | Report Abuse

so we are confirm that unit holders of iCAP can vote to liquidate ICAP in 2020? Really?? I'm so very exciting!

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-04 11:36 | Report Abuse

We can just follow London who is an international expert investment advisor.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-04 11:49 | Report Abuse

"Posted by ahhuat56 > Oct 9, 2019 6:47 PM | Report Abuse

Ahbah, do you still support London to break the law of Malaysia ?"

ahhuat56, why so long U still no got tangkap London for breaking our Malaysia law ? I guaranti sokong U on this.

or now U bagi chance to London n join him kah ?

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-11-04 20:27 | Report Abuse

ahbah, your identity has been exposed. stop humiliating yourself here!!

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-11-04 20:29 | Report Abuse

ahbah is anything but a novice investor.

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-11-04 20:32 | Report Abuse

ahbah can write perfect english, but kept pretending to use broken english to hide himself. Don't understand why he is so ashamed of himself ?

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-11-04 20:37 | Report Abuse

anyone want to know the real performance of ICAP, they should go to ICAP's official website, which is www.icapital.my. This forum has many liars, be careful !!!

Post a Comment