ICAPITAL.BIZ BHD

KLSE (MYR): ICAP (5108)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.06 (2.00%)

Day's Change

3.03 - 3.06

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

5,885 comment(s). Last comment by hopetobecorrect 1 day ago

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-08 23:21 | Report Abuse

why pathetic le?

i also like to dream ma. i always dream/wannabe charlie munger.

but there is scum who dreams of himself as warren buffett of malaysia. worse still that scum rob others' many years. Others thought by staying with him can get a mercedes in exchange of losing their youth. But in the end, end up getting kancil saja. Luckily London came rescue and perhaps gave them an upgrade, Proton Pesona.

You see. Please wear your glasses 1st.....It is great to be a dreamer. But to rope others dream by selling your fake dream to other, worst still wasting other time. To me, that is a sinner or i called it a scum.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-08 23:24 | Report Abuse

stay with wannabe another 5 years, maybe you as the other get the BMX bicycle. not too bad. I jog one round in my garden, you already cycle 5 round.

That is on 2024.

Where is your kancil then?

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-08 23:26 | Report Abuse

Only genuine cybertroopers will keep repeating ridiculous, unreasonable, very stupid and laughable comparisons, remarks to run down others. What a shame!

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-08 23:33 | Report Abuse

No shame. Shame is those who preach investment is safe.

Safe go FD.
Invest is to get higher return.

Want safe and invest go index funr.
Wannabe fund can't give aphla, go gulung tikar better and go hiding. Don't waste people time.

No strong words, those being hypnotized remains asleep.

Holders got how many years of youth?

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-11-08 23:40 | Report Abuse

Dear holder, wear charlie munger lense. ask yourself if during inception of fund, you instead put that money into said carlberg or top glove what is the comparison of return?

That is called alternative history. Which is safe? Which is paying rent? Which is collecting rent?

Btw this lense is foc. No like wannabe WB lenses.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-09 09:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by jeydan89 > Nov 8, 2019 11:16 PM | Report Abuse

If I compound 9% for another 5 yrs, my RM2.45 will be almost RM5, I get more than 100% better than your 30%, why want to bungkus?

Please find another low risk fund, earning decent returns even in bad times, to invest like icap.

9% compound x 5 yrs = almost Rm5.00 ? The almost is so very, very far away !

Please no corn novice investors like ahbah lah.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-09 10:06 | Report Abuse

"Posted by cheoky > Nov 8, 2019 11:33 PM | Report Abuse

Safe go FD.

Wannabe fund can't give aphla, go gulung tikar better and go hiding. Don't waste people time.

Holders got how many years of youth?"

Mani sifu including 3iii oredi got lost their investment skill.

Without ICap they no know how to invest safely including put their

money in the bank. They must got ttb n co to put their money in the

bank for them ! Even novice investors like ahbah who stay in the

kampong got know how to put his chicken feed money in the bank lah.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-11 23:52 | Report Abuse

If icap is not your cup of tea, pls find your teh or kopi tarik somewhere else. No need to curse n swear or repeat same old story like a parrot.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-12 01:22 | Report Abuse

No need to curse & swear as if icap has made u lost mlns or blns to a point of no return where in actual fact icap nav giving compound return of 9% pa or cumulative return 225% since inception 14 yrs ago.

Different petiod will of course produce different returns, like @chokey, stocktraitor & gang's favourite last 5 yrs is 1% pa but again icap is a long term fund not just for that 5 yrs.

fong7

647 posts

Posted by fong7 > 2019-11-12 06:02 | Report Abuse

ICAP used to trade at premium to asset value. In recent years until today, it has been traded in a discount range of 21%-28%. Market speaks for itself. Speaking of long term, as many supporters like to mention, ICAP has been trading at the above mentioned discount for more than 5 years. It's not a sudden drop of confidence, it is in fact a gradually losing confidence on TTB. The discount not only portraits market sentiment against TTB's investing skill, it also portraits (i bet, the major reason for the discount gap) market's view on how investor-friendly TTB has been. In short, TTB doesn't care much on ICAP holders' benefits. Many stocks traded at premium valuation to their peers, simply because market thinks the board, CEO or major shareholders are investor-friendly, they care about investors' benefits.

fong7

647 posts

Posted by fong7 > 2019-11-12 06:02 | Report Abuse

The so called "value trap", in a way, is ICAP.

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 07:14 | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by ahbah > Nov 9, 2019 10:06 AM | Report Abuse

"Posted by cheoky > Nov 8, 2019 11:33 PM | Report Abuse

Safe go FD.

Holders got how many years of youth?"

money in the bank. They must got ttb n co to put their money in the

bank for them ! Even novice investors like ahbah who stay in the

kampong got know how to put his chicken feed money in the bank lah.

>>>>>

money in the bank.

How do you profit from closed end funds?

2 ways

1. From its increasing NAV. (Usually long term)

2. From its price fluctuations to its NAV.

If u r a value investor, you will love your stock more when its priced cheap.

I am among the initial sophisticated investors into icap and have bought more at opportune time. So far, every shares I own in iCap have gains. Not bad. Not bad.

I am aware there are many "investors" who maybe disgrunted because their encounters with this fund were negative (losses or returns lower than risk free FD). Be aware of the recency bias.

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-11-12 07:55 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha,
3iii always say Insas is value trap with cash rich and associate company Inari alone is worth more than Insas market cap.
Glad to hear someone say that Icap also a value trap and never pay dividend and you still hold its tight tight.
May I know what is your ROI in ICAP?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 08:03 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 08:08 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 08:10 | Report Abuse

>>>

Sslee Hahahaha,
3iii always say Insas is value trap with cash rich and associate company Inari alone is worth more than Insas market cap.
Glad to hear someone say that Icap also a value trap and never pay dividend and you still hold its tight tight.
May I know what is your ROI in ICAP?
12/11/2019 7:55 AM

>>>>

CAGR > 9% over last 14 years.

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-11-12 08:58 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Hope 3iii and Philip can comment on ICAP stocks holding below:
Chart 1: Market Value of Holdings as at 31 May 2019 (RM ‘000)
Padini Holdings: 63,265
SAM Engineering & Equipment (M): 20,069
Suria Capital Holdings: 24,865
Boustead Holding: 13,606
APM Automotive Holdings: 12,851
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia: 7,314
Tong Herr Resources: 5,992
Malaysia Smelting Corp: 4,686
MHK: 3,111
Parkson Holdings: 2847
Bioalpha Holdings: 1,417
Oceancash Pacific: 1,043
Kobay Technology: 843
Salutica: 502
Cash: 65,780

What is TTB intention quoting Confucius and Lin Yutang? Just to confuse you if he cannot convince you or just trying to be a politician?
“In all things
success depends on
previous preparation,
and without such
previous preparation
there is sure to be
failure”
-Confucius

“Lin Yutang, the famous Chinese writer and philosopher said:
‘Where there are too many policemen, there is no liberty.
Where there are too many soldiers, there is no peace.
Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice.’
We would add on this: “When there are too many politicians, there is no future.’”

Thank you

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-11-12 09:08 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha 3iii,
You are really very good in achieving CAGR > 9% over last 14 years with ICAP. Can you foresee your CAGR in ICAP for another 10 year time?

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-11-12 09:24 | Report Abuse

I too agree with 3iii with regard to the nature of closed-end funds. As I have reiterated last time, it is pointless to compare a closed-end fund and other companies on the stock market, as the latter is considered quite a unique entity. It is also especially daunting that closed-end funds have always been trading at a wide discount, so it is not surprising if iCap is traded that way. One can just google "closed-end fund puzzle" and you'll find that there is a lot of research done with respect to this.

I'll take some quotes from a well-known paper which discusses the closed-end fund puzzle. You can check it here: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2328690?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

"Few problems in finance are as perplexing as the closed-end fund puzzle.....Although funds sometimes sell at premia to their net asset values, in recent years discounts of 10 to 20 percent have been the norm."

So with regard to the discount, iCap is not the only fund that faces this problem. It has always been the norm to trade at a discount, regardless of market. You should especially worry if it is not traded at a discount.

iPilot50

17 posts

Posted by iPilot50 > 2019-11-12 09:25 | Report Abuse

As I read through these comments, I thought that many of these comments turned out to be more subjective than factual or even malicious in nature. Most of these comments can be categorized into 3 types, either because (1) you hate the personality of Tan Teng Boo, or because (2) you thought that the growth of the NAV is not fast enough, or because (3) you thought that upon liquidation you'll have the opportunity to earn a measly 20-30% profit margin, or because (4) you see better performance when you invest in other securities or markets.

With regard to (1), simply said if you assign your emotions to judge the performance of a company that means you were never a shrewd investor in the first place, since it is imperative to stay rational when investing. This is the first principle taught by Buffett and Graham if you truly follow their advice. Personality has nothing to do with success, only the will to succeed. If not you cannot account for the successes of well known personalities like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Gordon Ramsey, who mildly speaking are demanding people.

With regard to (2), it's true that even I don't think the growth of NAV is extremely fast. However I thought that it is robust. In which case, you can clearly see the main objective of the fund, which is ensuring stability instead of chasing mindless growth. As such when 3iii said that it serves as diversifying his portfolio, which is true because iCap tends to be resilient in face of financial crises. So if you're an investor who is seeking for fast profits, then you're in the wrong crowd to begin with. If you believe in sustainable growth that potentially could be higher than FD, then you are suitable to investing in iCap.

With regard to (3), well to be honest if you're a trader who wishes to earn slight profit margins here and there, I'm not against it, though I think that's a very stressful way to live. Whatever suits you. But if you're a person who do not have the time to keep monitoring your portfolio, like most normal people (case in point me), then investing in iCap is a good start. For us, compounding interest is key, which again is what Buffett and Munger have been advocating all their lives. Sometimes you have to be patient to score the gold.

With regard to (4), I will start by saying that I don't think that iCap is the best possible fund that you can find in Malaysia. I think that it is possible that some funds might have better performance in terms of stability and growth (though I have not seen a plausible alternative so far for a Malaysia fund). But the main point is that you have to beware of the comparison that you make. It is fine to compare iCap with an open-end fund, like unit-trust. However if you simply just said that the CAGR is much higher than iCap's, then you leave out very important cost considerations, such as annual and entry charges. You have to take those cost considerations into account first to make a sound comparison. However, I don't think it is appropriate to compare the performance of iCap with a China fund or even Berkshire's. First of all, China and US have been growing at an impressive pace over the years, being the largest economies in the world. So technically on average, investing in stocks in those economies would naturally yield higher returns than investing in Malaysia. iCap's stocks are all local stocks and it's a different argument if it invests elsewhere.

However, one important thing to note is that I think most people here who sides with iCap do not think that iCap is the only stock in their portfolio. Most of the time is just to clarify the misunderstandings of others who are present here, or pointing out that there are some good points to iCap instead of just sticking to the negative points. The point is to understand all arguments before you decide.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-12 11:58 | Report Abuse

@fong7 - persistent discount mainly due to TTB doesn't care much on ICAP holders' benefits

This is puzzling indeed. I have attended icap AGMs, full day event, annual investor gatherings, there's so much info to share, learn and take away. All these for free!

Maybe @fong7 can suggest other better ides?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-11-12 12:54 | Report Abuse

The way u talk as if everyone is a dungu and TTB is not loh..!!

Lets look at the fact loh...!!

1. For the past 5 year TTB underperform with 1% pa return if u compare to FD at least 3.5% pa return loh...!!

2. The fact is TTB for past 5 yrs put all your investable monies giving 3.5% pa to protect his management fees where he took 2.5% pa for management fees and giving shareholder residual 1% pa as return loh...!!

3. This 2020 is the best time to liquidate Icap and get back 30% return straight away loh...!! London is your best allies, support them to bungkus in the coming vote loh...!!

Posted by iPilot50 > Nov 12, 2019 9:25 AM | Report Abuse

As I read through these comments, I thought that many of these comments turned out to be more subjective than factual or even malicious in nature. Most of these comments can be categorized into 3 types, either because (1) you hate the personality of Tan Teng Boo, or because (2) you thought that the growth of the NAV is not fast enough, or because (3) you thought that upon liquidation you'll have the opportunity to earn a measly 20-30% profit margin, or because (4) you see better performance when you invest in other securities or markets.

With regard to (1), simply said if you assign your emotions to judge the performance of a company that means you were never a shrewd investor in the first place, since it is imperative to stay rational when investing. This is the first principle taught by Buffett and Graham if you truly follow their advice. Personality has nothing to do with success, only the will to succeed. If not you cannot account for the successes of well known personalities like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Gordon Ramsey, who mildly speaking are demanding people.

With regard to (2), it's true that even I don't think the growth of NAV is extremely fast. However I thought that it is robust. In which case, you can clearly see the main objective of the fund, which is ensuring stability instead of chasing mindless growth. As such when 3iii said that it serves as diversifying his portfolio, which is true because iCap tends to be resilient in face of financial crises. So if you're an investor who is seeking for fast profits, then you're in the wrong crowd to begin with. If you believe in sustainable growth that potentially could be higher than FD, then you are suitable to investing in iCap.

With regard to (3), well to be honest if you're a trader who wishes to earn slight profit margins here and there, I'm not against it, though I think that's a very stressful way to live. Whatever suits you. But if you're a person who do not have the time to keep monitoring your portfolio, like most normal people (case in point me), then investing in iCap is a good start. For us, compounding interest is key, which again is what Buffett and Munger have been advocating all their lives. Sometimes you have to be patient to score the gold.

With regard to (4), I will start by saying that I don't think that iCap is the best possible fund that you can find in Malaysia. I think that it is possible that some funds might have better performance in terms of stability and growth (though I have not seen a plausible alternative so far for a Malaysia fund). But the main point is that you have to beware of the comparison that you make. It is fine to compare iCap with an open-end fund, like unit-trust. However if you simply just said that the CAGR is much higher than iCap's, then you leave out very important cost considerations, such as annual and entry charges. You have to take those cost considerations into account first to make a sound comparison. However, I don't think it is appropriate to compare the performance of iCap with a China fund or even Berkshire's. First of all, China and US have been growing at an impressive pace over the years, being the largest economies in the world. So technically on average, investing in stocks in those economies would naturally yield higher returns than investing in Malaysia. iCap's stocks are all local stocks and it's a different argument if it invests elsewhere.

However, one important thing to note is that I think most people here who sides with iCap do not think that iCap is the only stock in their portfolio. Most of the time is just to clarify the misunderstandings of others who are present here, or pointing out that there are some good points to iCap instead of just sticking to the negative points. The point is to understand all arguments before you decide.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 13:35 | Report Abuse

"How do you profit from closed end funds?

2 ways

1. From its increasing NAV. (Usually long term)

2. From its price fluctuations to its NAV.

If u r a value investor, you will love your stock more when its priced cheap."

How can we profit from closed end funds when they are priced cheaply

forever ? If there is a way to profit from such closed end funds ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 13:43 | Report Abuse

"I am among the initial sophisticated investors into icap and have bought more at opportune time. So far, every shares I own in iCap have gains. Not bad. Not bad."

All shares including ICap n half past six shares got opportune time n

U can have gains from them when buying them at opportune time.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 13:54 | Report Abuse

"Posted by 3iii > Nov 12, 2019 8:08 AM | Report Abuse

Closed-End Investment Fund Discounts

Several studies have shown that closed-end funds tend to trade at a discount (sometimes exceeding 50%) to their per share NAVs.

Theoretically, investors could purchase all the shares in the fund, liquidate the fund, and make a profit by selling the constituent securities at their market prices.

However, after accounting for management fees, unrealized capital gain taxes, liquidity and transactions costs, any profit potential is eliminated."

ahbah novice investor verdict : The last concluding 5 words phrase of

the above closed-end investment fund discounts sermon is

a true corn to corn novice investors like ahbah.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 14:11 | Report Abuse

"With regard to (3), well to be honest if you're a trader who wishes to earn slight profit margins here and there, I'm not against it, though I think that's a very stressful way to live. "

I'm not against it = I am for it ?

I'm not against it = Still I am against it ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 14:18 | Report Abuse

"The way u talk as if everyone is a dungu and TTB is not loh..!!"

Of course ttb n co is NOT a dungu. They are damn SMART N BRILLIANT !

They are the onli one who got the 9% CAGR gaji while the shareholders

no got the 9% CAGR div.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 14:24 | Report Abuse

"This is puzzling indeed. I have attended icap AGMs, full day event, annual investor gatherings, there's so much info to share, learn and take away. All these for free!

Maybe @fong7 can suggest other better ides?"

Indeed, I got so much info given by others to be shared,

learned n taken away FOC by me here. Thanks.

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 19:34 | Report Abuse

Closed-ended funds: Why a discount, anyway?

Most closed-ended funds sell at a discount.

A recent sampling showed that more than 2/3rds of equity funds trade at a discount, and more than 90% of international equity funds trade at a discount. Many discounts are modest (5 to 10%), but many are 30% or more.

There is much research and speculation about why discounts happen. The debate isn't nearly as important as understanding a few of the most common reasons.

When selecting a closed-ended fund, investors must determine the reason the fund is trading at a discount and whether the discount is significant enought to be attractive. A discount may be justified by

uncertainty,
popularity or perceptions of the fund, and
the underlying asset base.

All 3 factors can work to cause a fund based on securities in Russia or Turkey, for example, to sell at a discount.

Likewise, during the heyday of the Asian Tigers, many funds based in Asia sold at a premium. The reason? Popularity and the perception of future growth and gains.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-12 19:58 | Report Abuse

@ahbah, fake news & lies u get here..no need money or hard work to generate one, that's why it's FOC & u'll get plenty of them too, tak habis habis. LoL.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 20:13 | Report Abuse

"Posted by 3iii > Nov 12, 2019 7:34 PM | Report Abuse

Closed-ended funds: Why a discount, anyway?

Most closed-ended funds sell at a discount.

A recent sampling showed that more than 2/3rds of equity funds trade at a discount, and more than 90% of international equity funds trade at a discount. Many discounts are modest (5 to 10%), but many are 30% or more."

Is it that closed-ended funds selling at a discount got eternal

life or they must be given eternal life by the shareholders ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 20:18 | Report Abuse

When a closed-ended fund should be closed down :

1. when it is trading at a premium at maturity ?, or

2. when it is trading at a discount at maturity ?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 20:25 | Report Abuse

The Top 2 shareholders of iCAP as on 31.5.2012 own 9,028,491 and 5,748,600 shares respectively.

These Top 2 shareholders collectively own 14,777,091 shares or 10.56% of total outstanding shares of iCAP.

Assuming that these Top 2 shareholders started to accumulate their shares in iCAP from 1.1.2011 to 7.11.12, the followings can be inferred:

- they would have been responsible for 35.8% of the total transactions for this period.

- they would have invested a total RM 32,152,965 to acquire a combined total of 14,777,091 shares of iCAP.

- they would have invested an average of RM 70,050 per day to acquire their shares during this period.

- their average price per iCAP share they bought at was about RM 2.18 per share.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 20:42 | Report Abuse

Any shareholder accumulating armament now in the mkt for war during the next AGM ?

3iii

13,107 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-11-12 21:45 | Report Abuse

The top 2 investors', their average price per iCAP share they bought at was about RM 2.18 per share in 2012.

Over the course of 7 years (from 2012 to 2019), the top 2 investors' investment grew from $2.18 to $2.43, its compound annual growth rate, or its overall return, is 1.56%.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 22:04 | Report Abuse

AMANAH MILLENIA FUND BERHAD .... Bursa's 1st closed end fund ?

Anyone got the story on the above ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 22:32 | Report Abuse

30 Largest Securities Account Holders For Ordinary Shares As At 17/07/2019

No. Name No. of Shares Held %

1 CHONG AH HIM @ CHONG KUM KWAN 5,117,000 3.66

2 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR EMERGING MARKETS COUNTRY FUND 4,891,200 3.49

3 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR GLOBAL EMERGING MARKETS FUND 3,285,600 2.35

4 TUNKU SARA BINTI TUNKU AHMAD YAHAYA 2,800,000 2.00

5 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD

THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR THE WORLD MARKETS UMBRELLA FUND PLC 2,670,500 1.91

6 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR EMERGING MARKETS GLOBAL FUND 2,232,200 1.59

7 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR EMERGING BMI MARKETS COUNTRYFUND 2,216,800 1.58

8 MAYBANK NOMINEES (TEMPATAN) SDN BHD
YEOH AH TU 2,196,000 1.57

9 HSBC NOMINEES (ASING) SDN BHD
TNTC FOR UNITED MINE WORKERS OF AMERICA 1974 PENSION TRUST 2,101,300 1.50

10 ANNHOW HOLDINGS SDN BHD 2,000,000 1.43

11 LAM FOOK SHIN 1,832,200 1.31

12 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR EMERGING MARKETS INVESTABLE FUND DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD 1,742,000 1.24

13 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR SCHOOL EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF OHIO 1,648,100 1.18

14 SYSTEM OF OHIO LOH KIAN CHONG 1,400,000 1.00

15 OCUVAS SDN.BHD. 1,370,000 0.98

16 LEOW KOK MEOW & SONS SENDIRIAN BERHAD 1,250,000 0.89

17 HENG KIM SIANG 1,238,100 0.88

18 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR CORNELL UNIVERSITY 1,221,400 0.87

19 WONG YOON TET 1,080,000 0.77

20 VOHRAH - MERICAN SDN BHD 1,078,200 0.77

21 TONG CHONG KONG 1,041,000 0.74

22 LEE SIEW LIN 1,038,000 0.74

23 SOON KHIAT VOON 1,002,000 0.72

24 YEOH AH TU 982,200 0.70

25 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH 961,000 0.69

26 LAI HUI ENG 941,200 0.67

27 CARTABAN NOMINEES (ASING) SDN BHD
EXEMPT AN FOR RBC INVESTOR SERVICES TRUST (CLIENTS ACCOUNT) 920,900 0.66

28 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR DESERET MUTUAL MASTER RETIREMENT PLAN

900,700 0.64

29 DB (MALAYSIA) NOMINEE (ASING) SDN BHD
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON FOR EMERGING MARKETS FREE FUND 900,300 0.64

30 LAU YOCK YIN 880,000 0.63

Got London or 3iii or ttb n co or raider inside the above ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-12 23:02 | Report Abuse

AMFB shareholders last week voted at its AGM to liquidate the country's first closed-end fund, citing as one of the main reasons unattractive returns from the fund since its inception more than 10 years ago.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2007/07/03/impact-of-amanah-millenias-windingup-minimal#CqQBTUBXVuchjvEa.99

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-14 14:08 | Report Abuse

Dealing of units in icapital.biz Berhad ("the Fund") by Ms Tan Mun Lin, a Director of Capital Dynamics Asset Management Sdn Bhd (the Fund Manager).

What is the above Lady Boss doing, what is her purpose ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-14 14:18 | Report Abuse

"AMFB shareholders last week voted at its AGM to liquidate the country's first closed-end fund, citing as one of the main reasons unattractive returns from the fund since its inception more than 10 years ago."

After the shareholders liquidated AMFB, the profit potential got

eliminated mah ?

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-14 14:27 | Report Abuse

"Posted by 3iii > Nov 12, 2019 9:45 PM | Report Abuse

The top 2 investors', their average price per iCAP share they bought at was about RM 2.18 per share in 2012.

Over the course of 7 years (from 2012 to 2019), the top 2 investors' investment grew from $2.18 to $2.43, its compound annual growth rate, or its overall return, is 1.56%."

They got 1.56%, why no got 9% ?

JohnDough

148 posts

Posted by JohnDough > 2019-11-15 00:17 | Report Abuse

lol I thought I told you ladies to go out in the sun and smile more, looks like you have doubled down since the week I was here last, saltier than ever.

Anyways, still no one can come up with a fund that has delivered 9% CAGR since 2005 safely and transparently. As I have repeatedly said, if it is so bad, what are you comparing it against?

Even worse, stockraider (12 November comment) still can’t get his facts straight. “The fact is TTB for past 5 yrs put all your investable monies giving 3.5% pa to protect his management fees where he took 2.5% pa for management fees and giving shareholder residual 1% pa as return loh...!!” The fact is? Lol.. so not only you can’t read, you can't count either.

And you and your merry band are trying to advise others? As Trump would say, “Sad”. The fee is 1.5% honey, and remember, zero performance fee. Not surprising, since you don’t even understand the difference between Berkshire Hathaway and ICAP lol.

And wrt the discount, as I have said before, why is it that it has been persistent since London started accumulating?

Most important of all, the few here that have nothing much else to do don’t see (or cant stand… too salty and full of jelly beans) the reality which is this. The majority of investors in ICAP trust TTB, and the evidence is that every year London loses by a huge majority. Trust is the most important factor when you are giving someone else to manage your life savings. So in 2020, the same will repeat.

What the wise do in the beginning, fools do in the end.

See you next week <3

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-15 10:08 | Report Abuse

On behalf of the Board of Directors of icapital.biz Berhad, we wish to announce that the Net Asset Value per share of icapital.biz Berhad as at 13 November 2019 was 3.19.

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-16 10:36 | Report Abuse

ICap Lady Boss goreng ICap shares in the mkt ? Why ?

ahteck85

36 posts

Posted by ahteck85 > 2019-11-18 12:31 | Report Abuse

lolx... a purchase of 10K shares and you call it goreng...
then CLIM is??
And EPF and the other funds are???

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-18 17:19 | Report Abuse

London is real real giler over our stunning Malaysian Lady Icap !

ahbah

6,213 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-11-19 12:20 | Report Abuse

"Anyways, still no one can come up with a fund that has delivered 9% CAGR since 2005 safely and transparently. As I have repeatedly said, if it is so bad, what are you comparing it against? "

Any one got a list of 15-yrs closed end funds in Malaysia for us to make comparison ? Please paste here. Thank you.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-19 16:20 | Report Abuse

How can ICAP be compared with Amanah Millenia Fund in the first place for the reason for AMFB's liquidation??

Ahbah, I'm sure u can find all these facts easily since u like to copy and paste from everywhere.

AMF has been performing very badly since inception in 1997.

IPO price RM1 but the share price never went up above its IPO price until the time when it was about to be liquidated. This means it has been giving negative returns to shareholders who invested since IPO.

In fact, after IPO, the share price went all the way down to 20+ sen, this was perhaps due to the plunge in the stock market during the Great Asian Crisis.

The NAV only manage to give less than 1% annualised return since listing after 10 years. Almost 80% of the time, its NAV has been below its IPO price.

icap's performance is a stark difference from AMFB, icap share price and NAV has never gone below its IPO price even during market crash in 2008.

jeydan89

61 posts

Posted by jeydan89 > 2019-11-19 16:30 | Report Abuse

@Ahbah : Any one got a list of 15-yrs closed end funds in Malaysia for us to make comparison ? Please paste here. Thank you.

I suggest Ahbah to pinjam the magic mirror from the evil Queen in Snow White and start asking "Mirror mirror on the wall...." LOL

Post a Comment