Be the first to like this.

62 comment(s). Last comment by BLee 1 month ago

TheContrarian

8,790 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Did Ah Thong sell any of his Insas-WA and Insas-WB previously before they expired?

BLee

748 posts

Posted by BLee > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

“So 2 times RI raise funding ard RM 260 million .. no wonder so Rich .. Another RI fund raising exercise by 2026 ke …

No worries still can issue RI many times looking at the present NOSH …”

There is some misconception of RPS vs Insas Company WC vs Call Warrant (CW).
Abbreviation R in RPS stands for Redeemable which means upon maturity, Insas needs to pay the holders the face value. Instead of taking $ from the coffer, new RPS issued to pay for the redemption; no addition of capital.
For Company Insas-WC, there is no Redeemable but Convertible whereas Call Warrant Cx, example Insas-CA,CB,CC cannot be converted as NOT issued by the Company’s. Market maker only for Call Warrant so that CW issuer will reduce the risk for any fluctuation of counter prices..chances the issuer losing money is minimized as they freely ‘play’ the market..
This is my own understanding of this topic, any critique is welcome.

BLee

748 posts

One paragraph at the Star article:
“While it may make some sense to buy such stocks, a “cheap” stock can also mean a value trap, meaning it is merely masquerading as a compelling buy.”

Is Insas “masquerading”?? Can it become another topic? Insas can be cash rich, so is all the bank, as all the cash is tied to depositors and ‘paper money’ in the form of bank guarantee??

Although I am a long term Insas investor, I always keep an open mind and look the other ways..Happy Trading

Zazzyy

214 posts

Posted by Zazzyy > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

it’s a ponzi

Zazzyy

214 posts

Posted by Zazzyy > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

as the big bosses enjoy fat salary do little to reward shareholders appropriately . for 15 years below 1 rgt mostly while out up war at conversion of 90 sen -1.00 . can’t they set it at 60 sen ?

BLee

748 posts

I think more to this statement in the same article: "Such heavy control tends to leave little freedom for investors to have any say in the goings-on of a chaebol, thus making them unpalatable investments." and recently, "could start with a corporate exercise to jolt their shares from slumber, attract some interest and allow some of the tired, trapped investors to exit after what seems like a lifetime." Interesting, is it??

Can't they set it at 60 sen? Yes, can. Then the NTA will come down drastically with RPS and Insas-WC fully converted using RPS face value of MYR1 together with 1 WC; balance of 40 sen will be returned. What is the point of this RPS exercise?

The conversion details extracted below:
"The difference between the exercise price of the Warrants (or the adjusted exercise price of the Warrants in accordance with the terms and provisions of the Deed Poll, as the case may be) and the issue price of the Rights RPS shall be repaid by the Company within 1 month from the date the Warrant holder exercising his Warrant".

BLee

748 posts

Posted by BLee > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Good Morning, ytd updated my article with the following topic during the day off:
“Update today date: 28 March 2024, on below topic:
"Insas: Comparison of Dividend vs NAPS 30/6/2014 RM 1.728 to 30/6/2023 RM3.375 a CAGR of 7.72%.
Question: What is the return for Insas Principal plus Dividend for the last 10 years vs NAPS 30/6/2014 RM 1.728 to 30/6/2023 RM3.375 a CAGR of 7.72%?”

The results of my calc are:
Scenario 1: At initial cost of RM6k over 50sen price, the CAGR calculated to be 12.2992%.

Scenario 2: At initial cost of RM6k over 60sen price, the CAGR calculated to be 10.1342%.

The capital increase for both scenarios are quite satisfactory, at least more than 2 fold increase based on this year's max price of above RM1.30.
Happy Trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk.

speakup

25,220 posts

Posted by speakup > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

you guys still in Insas? OMG! 😱

Sslee

4,871 posts

Posted by Sslee > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

2018 is the year I attended Insas AGM where I reason with Dato Sri Thong controlling shareholder CEO for hours that a 1 sen dividend is unreasonable, unfair and unacceptable. Dato Dr. Tan try to come to Dato' Sri Thong rescue and that cost him many vote against his reelection as director.
Note: Dato Dr. Tan aguement is if you want dividend then invest in Inari. On hindsight I should have listen to his advise.

The next year new CEO Dato' Wong increase the dividend to 2 sen and ever since then every AGM I reasons with Dato Wing to increase the dividend.

Sslee

4,871 posts

Posted by Sslee > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I still keep some of my Insas because I believe one fine day I should be able to sell my Insas at my TP of RM 1.50

BLee

748 posts

“speakup >
you guys still in Insas? OMG! 😱”

Why not, considering the CAGR of more than 10% and 2 to 4 fold of capital increase over a 10 years period. Only caution, past performance NOT necessary future trend.
The update yesterday just to analyze am I right to hold my investment for so many years against another investor of getting 4 fold capital gain.
Another point, my initial investment of around RM0.50 will be roughly equivalent to a 5% dividend of declared 2.5% per share, i.e. low price will get more shares as dividends are based on quantity of shares. Sorry for the long-winded as I would like to give a clearer picture. Tq

BLee

748 posts

Article updated to include MFCB as a comparison with the title "Insas vs MFCB: Both having a good Meteoric Rise this 1Q2024" after MFCB showing a 'breakout' recently...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz