Be the first to like this.

9 comment(s). Last comment by smallcrocs 2021-09-28 19:09

Posted by valueinvestor15 > 2021-09-24 13:48 | Report Abuse

I guess there is no point to use hindsight bias to comment on a company action. Their actions were based on that situation. Nobody will know how fast the vaccine can be produce or the demand for glove will subside. However, one thing for sure is that they have achieve remarkable growth story especially for a local business with minimal international visibility.

Posted by Luckygajah > 2021-09-24 20:34 | Report Abuse

Analysts only analyze what has happened. A good businessman will overcome setbacks to become stronger

themeg

319 posts

Posted by themeg > 2021-09-24 21:24 | Report Abuse

This author teaching Tan Sri how to do business. What a joke.

Posted by SureWin1Woh > 2021-09-25 18:03 | Report Abuse

TG boss overjoyed and too lansi last year when its biz boomed to the sky. Even aim of taking over Maybank's no. 1 spot that time.
I tend to agree with author on the statement that bizmen sud focus on growing its biz and let the financial results do the talking.
This boss too lansi if compared to the humble Kuan. Even the black panther has toned down a lot compared to his younger days.

Posted by smallcrocs > 2021-09-27 23:29 | Report Abuse

1. Share buybacks, The author has got the tendancy of hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along phenomenon, how could anyone know the future share price of TG? In Sept 20 - March 21, no one even know the future of covid. The shares were bought back at market price, it's easy to say the share price was too high, but no one could know at that point of time.
2. Labour issues, it's very common for a fired employee to bad-mouth his employer, but if you know TG well, they actually provides some free in house medical and gyms to maintan the health of its workers. No one remembers the good thing but very easy to pin point the negatives.
3. Hong Kong Listings, I think TG objective wasn't really to raise capital at all,TG could have reduced the dividends to retain sufficient cash. However, I think the main objective is to have global presence. Hong Kong can be a door to China's market. Getting listed also promotes better recognition world wide.

Gannina

70 posts

Posted by Gannina > 2021-09-27 23:39 | Report Abuse

@smallcrocs
"..how could anyone know the future share price of TG?"

DickyMe had been warning since last year about price coming to RM4 and did happen. He also reminded about TULIP mania.

Posted by smallcrocs > 2021-09-28 19:09 | Report Abuse

Again that's hindsight bias, if covid got worst or another deadly variant appears you could all be wrong about TG.

One of the most shorted stocks in the world is Tesla, it used to trade higher than 1000X PE ratio. Definitely looks like another TULIP mania at certain point of time. But some people who shorted the stock almost went bankrupt.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz