Posted by FortuneBull777 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Reality!

1 person likes this.

153 comment(s). Last comment by qqq47660 3 days ago

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

In Malaysia, only a very small number of elderly people are in care homes for extended periods.

III! Hopefully we won't need nursing home and die peacefully at home!

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

There is no place like home!
If you have a choice, who likes to live in nursing home? Share bathroom, dining tables, chairs, television, living room, bed room and many more with others?
Your love ones, relatives and friends only come to visit you once in a year or during festive seasons?
Laugh out loud.

Bull! True! But at least in old folks home, you have plenty of friends to chit chat, provided you enjoy the company! Then again, if one is the quarreling type, then better live at home in hope one enjoy good health!

wisdomtot

621 posts

Posted by wisdomtot > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

If you are rich and have inheritance to give away, then your family members theoretically will visit you very often =) Hence, keep reminding them your will is not finalized yet..

I say, you should consider nursing when you hit 80! Haix, i really not interested to live beyond 70!
I do aware the limitation of our body! Not everyone going to be like Mahathir!

Posted by wisdomtot > Jan 20, 2023 9:43 PM | Report Abuse

If you are rich and have inheritance to give away, then your family members theoretically will visit you very often =) Hence, keep reminding them your will is not finalized yet..

Answer : Hihihaha! Some may even offer to be the new young wifey! Like Grandpa Koon who got married to young Vietnamese lady! So lucky of him!

I am not sure if Grandpa Koon little boy still active but like a wise oldman said, it's all in the fingers!

Agree. That is the best part. Another advantage is if you quietly pass away in nursing home at least someone notice it. If an elderly live alone in the house, nobody knows when he/she dies.
oooooooooooooooooooo
FortuneBull777

81 posts

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 4 minutes ago | Report Abuse

Bull! True! But at least in old folks home, you have plenty of friends to chit chat, provided you enjoy the company! Then again, if one is the quarreling type, then better live at home in hope one enjoy good health!

Thank you everybody for very mature sharing! I wish you all happy CNY! May all of us will find good health and prosperity in the year of naughty rabbit!

Same to you FortuneBull and everyone. Happy Chinese New Year.

I consulted a very good five foot fortune teller today, and he told me bursa should multiply my 1 cent thousand fold in this year of cute rabbit! So i hope we all share this wonderful fortune together!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

And yet you have made many false assumptions about me in your posts above. If you can say whatever you want and make assumptions of me, why not me of you as well?

>>>>>>>

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 17 hours ago | Report Abuse

Phillip, please don't judge me! Or make assumptions! We really don't know each other!
As for this filial piety stuff, i heard it many times from hypocrites! They give this 'fillial' image to their rich friends, constantly say how much they love their parents yet they rare visit them! Even their children don't even know their grandparents exist!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I am 62 this year, and I still take care of my father in law as well as my mother, so the answer is definitely yes. Obviously, I am in a position that it is not burdensome for me to take care of them, and so I do what I can definitely.
>>>>>
Posted by 521onepiece > 14 hours ago | Report Abuse

Philip, you still haven't answered the question: do you now take care of your own parents? simple yes or no

Phillip! I am in stage where i am not interested to argue or quarrel with anyone! Or making personal attack! Except pulling some leg just to make things lighten up! Like Grnadpa Koon marrying young vietnamese wifey of course it's not true at all!
The thing is, this topic is just that, a topic! I didn't drag anyone and make it personal! So let's make it as such!
Anyway Phillip, please learn to chill! Don't take things too seriously! We all live and learn! We are not perfect at all!
Maybe keeping a filial image is you thing! Fine! It's none of my business! If you are genuinely wonderful son to your parents! Good! It's between you and your parents!
So i hope we just let this things burried for good! Let's not continue to held grudges!
You know getting angry with yourself is not healthy at all! Instead take a deep breath, and see all the positive things in this life and what good have your done to others and you parents! So there! It's that much better than getting so angry at innocent bystander just because he or she said something that didn't suit your mindview!

Just like the other day, one poor dude said that i am ugly and should get plastic surgey! I just smile and say thank you for giving a wonderful suggestion!
I didn't get angry with myself because at least all my organs are function well! My eyes are working, even though not as good as before! My ears are okay, but then again, i do get tinnitus every now and then!
I have all my teeth event though i need to see dentist every year or so to get it filled properly!
Actually i felt sad for the other dude! He is imposing his values unto me! I mean, so i am ugly, i was born with such fukup face! You think plastic surgery is cheap! Will he sponsor such surgery! And what gurantee i would look great after that! And will it make me look 20 years younger!
Hihihaha! In short, we all have our opinion! But it's not good to forcefully impose my opinion unto you and expecting me to gladly accept it! Because, you may actually do more harm than good!
Instead you share your opinion nicely and see how the other person feel about it! And the other person share his side of the story! Perhaps, i am in the wrong and his opinion is actually correct!
Now, isn't that much better!

If you continue to respond in hostility, dude, i cannot do anything! Like i said, i have reach a stage in life where i can get things settle in peace rather than resort to quarrelling endlessly and get burn in the process!

Western culture, God first, parents and ancestors second.
Eastern culture, parents and ancestors first, God second.
Eastern people believe, without father and mother there is no you or me.
Western people believe babies are the gifts from God.
Right?

TrippleZ

1,553 posts

Posted by TrippleZ > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

No

qqq47660

715 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Western culture, God first, parents and ancestors second.
Eastern culture, parents and ancestors first, God second.
Eastern people believe, without father and mother there is no you or me.
Western people believe babies are the gifts from God.
Right?
=================

right

qqq47660

715 posts

in China they still take special efforts to balik kampong for CNY .................................. that should say some thing....and its not just 2 hours or 200 km away.

anthonytkh

1,720 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Over the years I’ve lost three tooths

greatwall

628 posts

Posted by greatwall > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

tooths???
a new word?
cant find in dictionary!!!!

anthonytkh

1,720 posts

Teeth is plural of more than one tooth and three separate tooth make a teeth (but not necessarily in a row) whereas one teething problem about whether teeth (or a tooth or two or more) matter has nothing to do with the stock market irregardless or regardless or itakisah of what you think should really matter

It’s the same as wives and wifes

Ps. Btw I was at Kayu Restaurant the other day and I told the staff to “Kasi flood it ngan sotong sauce” and he replied “Jaga bahasa ya… apa you mau, sotong atau apa sos?”

Actually tooths in correct but rarely used! Teeth is when you need refer to more than one tooth! But if you got to dentist and remove several tooth at different time, then tooths would best describe it!

anthonytkh

1,720 posts

Doctor : “Did you pass stool today?”
Me : “Yeah dude”
Doc : “How many stools?”
Me : “Har? Blardy stool lar! What how many?”
Doc : “Ok. Soft or hard? And how many lar you mf of a patient?”
Me : “Like cement lar!,, why you… you… you… I dunno what to call you, you f”
Me : “You f’ers NEVER heal… you want us back again and again… f’ers you…”

Doc : “Who else will you go to?”

There was a guy waited at a bus stop for more than an hour, in the end four buses with the same number came in a row at about the same time. He then angrily shouted and said, "One come no come, one come one two three four come."

qqq47660

715 posts

I thought u going to say a guy at busstop wallop his 90 year old father.

qqq47660

715 posts

stress kills.............the average stress level in America is 5 time Malaysia and 10 times China level.

qqq47660

715 posts

stress kills......stress is responsible for all the bad things including non filial sons.

Qqq! True! Stress is like shock absorber! So go through hard life but remain stable! Many however not as lucky! Even tiny pothole can wreck havoc!

Sslee

640 posts

Posted by Sslee > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you. - Brian Tracy

Stress is in the mind and if you can control your mind-set and attitude toward what happen externally then you will find your inner peace.

qqq47660

715 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Because there are solutions to stress it does not mean stress is not real and got real negative effects....stress affects the mind and the hormones and the hormones affects the mind in a circular way.

BLee

661 posts

Posted by BLee > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

"Posted by qqq47660 > Because there are solutions to stress it does not mean stress is not real and got real negative effects.."

We shall consider more on eustress, the positive stress rather than distress, the negative stress…
The following article link might be an interest:-
https://www.betterup.com/blog/examples-of-eustress
Wishes ALL A Happy Fruitful Trading 兔年

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I would like to remind you that many of us would only see our parents or grandparents during his festive season!
So probably we spend 5 days with them and the rest of 360 days, many don't even bother to call or see them!
This is the true reality of many families out there!
So many 'filial' children, they most probably shiok with themselves posting photos with their aging parents to showoff to their friends when they are back during this holidays! Many will frame this photos and put it at the best corner of their home so that friends would see them and think how 'filial' they are to their parents!
This fake act of filial is all that, just for show!

Income

3,766 posts

Posted by Income > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

FortuneBull777, now almost every thing is fake. That’s why act of filial is also fake. The older Japanese now buy robot to talk to them and also to do light house cleaning.
I hope I can buy a robot that can cook for me in 10 years time. Can’t depend on our kids nowadays. Better self reliant lah

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Income! Nowadays if you are too lazy to cook, can always order from Grab, Foodpanda, Shopeefood and sort!
If you know how to play around with the features, it's actually cheaper to efood than actually going to kopitiam and order them!

Income

3,766 posts

Posted by Income > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

FortuneBull777 !
When you are old, you think you can every day eat GrabFood kah? You please ask any doctor advice for this subject??? Thanks

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Income! Actually we don't have to spend so much time cooking! Simplest way to get protein is from boiled eggs! Just put like 4 eggs in boiling water and let it cool! The eggs will cook by themselves!
You can even put chicken thigh together with you rice and cook it as usually! The chicken thigh together with rice ready to serve within 20 minutes!
Or invest in good broth machine! As we age, we need all the nutrient and mineral from bones of chicken, pork, beef! Only need like half an hour to prepare the ingredient and let it simmer for hours all by itself!
It all depends on ourselves to learn all the cooking hacks!

As for broth machine, my wifey prepare the ingredient and switch it on before we go to sleep! By the time we wake up, we have fresh broth to enjoy!

Income

3,766 posts

FortuneBull777 !
That’s the correct way lah. I thought you ordered Grabfood very often

Income! And you don't have to cook everyday! You can cook for 3 days meal by storing them in fridge! Just microwave them and serve!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > Jan 25, 2023 2:41 PM | Report Abuse X

As for broth machine, my wifey prepare the ingredient and switch it on before we go to sleep! By the time we wake up, we have fresh broth to enjoy!

Answer : Using broth machine, you can enjoy delicious soup for days! Even up to a week if you use it right!

Be mindful as we age, we shouldn't eat junk food anymore! Best to have simple but nutritional meals!
Broth for mineral, eggs chicken beef pork for protein, vege for fibre, and cut oil and carbo! Keep it simple!
But of course, once in a while, you can indulge in something nasty like over saturated fried foods, but only once in blue moon!

And invest in weight training thingy! I accidentally started squating thanks to barbell and squat rack gifted by my son! It really improve my
health tremendously!
Now i am expanding to some new toys like lat pulldown machine, dumbells and sort! Heck, i am not trying to be body builder!
Just an investment to my health! I really dont want my body deteriorate sooner!
God forbid, i don't want to live beyond 70 but if i do live beyond 80, i would like to be able to outrun dogs!

Income

3,766 posts

FortuneBull777:
At 80 if you can outrun cat, you are very lucky already, haha

by FortuneBull777,
God forbid, i don't want to live beyond 70 but if i do live beyond 80, i would like to be able to outrun dogs!

Income

3,766 posts

FortuneBull777:
I hope that we can live till at least 80.

Income

3,766 posts

FortuneBull777,
You really know how to take care of yourself. Good

Posted by Income > Jan 25, 2023 6:16 PM | Report Abuse

FortuneBull777:
I hope that we can live till at least 80.

Answer : OMG! I definately not interested beyond 70!

qqq47660

715 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

life starts at 70

Post a Comment
Market Buzz