Be the first to like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by L2 2019-03-12 08:51

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-01-02 18:49 | Report Abuse

Very interesting portfolio.

Uchitec is a company i've been looking for a very very long time. But i just cant seem to obtain the understanding i need to know why its such an amazing company and will remain so for a long time.

L2

657 posts

Posted by L2 > 2019-01-02 22:03 | Report Abuse

Other than some steady, eye-catchy NPM and ROE, this is a rather predictable company with believable commentary and reporting over the years. Some degree of certainty and integrity about it for easier financial and strategic valuation. I don't profess to know the intricate, presumably proprietary, tech in their ODM since little noteworthy has been published, understandably. They have a new product to get to market and to risk-diversify as well as expand across the Atlantic. Having long walked the talk, and being more shareholder-friendly than most, that seems good enough and certainly a better cut above weedy types. HLIB's 26Nov2018 fair value is decent per my own calcs.

L2

657 posts

Posted by L2 > 2019-01-02 22:10 | Report Abuse

Correction, HLIB should read Affin Hwang.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-01-05 00:15 | Report Abuse

I agree. You thinking is similar to mine. I read the annual reports since IPO of the company.

Very very good management. They understand ROIC very very well. Dont waste money on stupid investments.

L2

657 posts

Posted by L2 > 2019-01-05 18:25 | Report Abuse

Some of their metrics such as EV/EBIT(DA) and PEG are nothing to write home about but their perennially strong FCF margin and ROC (NOPAT/TangibleCapitalEmployed, my variant) are both important indicators of quality management.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-11 01:04 | Report Abuse

I wonder if the success of proton is spilling over to APM and PECCA anot, or is it a one off.

L2

657 posts

Posted by L2 > 2019-03-12 08:51 | Report Abuse

A growing contribution is likelier than a one-off IF that carmaker's claims are on track for dom and export markets.. Being a steady Toyota/Perodua supplier has some cred.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz