Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-29 08:58 | Report Abuse

THE SKY IS EMPTY (FLAG FREE) Last year, about three months after that fateful date May 9, a day I now regard as accursed, I went out and bought a national flag for the first time in my life. I then flew that flag on a tall pole fixed to my gate’s pillar, just like many of my neighbours. The flag flying high was a sight that touched me with various arousing emotions - elation, hope, pride - and at the glorious change heading our way. The surprise today is not that these beliefs of optimism seem to have disappeared but the speed at which our prime minister achieved this collapse. After all of his pious preaching and promises, we never reckoned with what really lay beneath his visage of benevolence. He led us away from Umno and in its place, he installed Bersatu. People like Syed Sadiq Syed Abdul Rahman don’t really matter as he is a little boy who believes he has grown up and matured just because he prowls with more seasoned and cunning politicians. And this year? My flag lies forsaken and hidden somewhere in my storeroom. After all that Mahathir and Bersatu wreaked on us, I will not be flying that flag. The sky in my neighbourhood looks so empty. (by vijay47) _________________ #no yesman

Be the first to like this.

20 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2020-01-03 06:26

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-29 16:00 | Report Abuse

Best patriotic book ever:

“Who lives if Malaysia dies” published in 1969.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-29 21:42 | Report Abuse

Best Thematic Idea:

Need to rotate PM among peninsularian....sabahan...and sarawakian

No two ways about it

It is time for a PM from my ppl in Bornean state

......how many more decades (or halves a century) we must wait?

Ubah_

352 posts

Posted by Ubah_ > 2019-08-29 21:45 | Report Abuse

Why Anwar still not appointed as PM? Better is GE15 asap?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-29 21:49 | Report Abuse

He is not popular here.....Bornean states...sorry

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-30 06:11 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka Month Speech

If I were elected a member of parliament, she had to take care of her constituents and not just focus on the national issues. There has to be a balance! My constituents now are Malaysians. Whatever I do is for the people and the country. (Rafidah 2019)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-30 07:36 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Quote

True Merdeka can only be achieved when the two Rs (race & religion) are consigned to the dustbin (Mariam Mokhtar)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-30 07:39 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Cut Cost Idea

Soooo divided.........make sense? Extra expenditure........time to cut cost........choose the real date to celebrate......

.......eastern msians need to feel happy for real

Mdeka? What Mdeka? For the State of Malaya, yes, it's their Mdeka....the day "Federation of Malaya" gained independence from the British. For the other two Malaysian States of Sabah & Sarawak, it's 16-Sep-1963 when a nation called "Malaysia" came into being.

(Our lost member now an asian lion)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-30 20:51 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Calling.........100% Leader, not halfway one

Malaysia deserves a true leader as she enters her 63rd year of Merdeka.(M Bakri Musa)

https://m.malaysiakini.com/letters/489992

Genuine leader turns every problem into opportunity....... turns every opportunity into blessings for all nobly

Halfway leader ignobly turns blessings into issues........creates more problems when trying to address every single issue....... perpetuate problems with no credible solution

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-31 14:26 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 HOPE

There is reason to believe Malaysia can reset nation-building policies and undo the injustices and abuses of power in the past six decades,(Y.B. Lim Kit Siang)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-31 16:02 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Message from Leader

"We don't consider this as Malay, Chinese, Kadazan, Dayak, Indian batik, instead it is all Malaysian batik. Regardless of who we are, and whatever our difference, we are still the same."( Nurul Izzah)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-31 18:52 | Report Abuse

BEST VOICE FROM THE BEST MALAYSIANS......

......Best hope for Malaysia Baru.......and a harmonious nation forward

......the voices of the people in Sabah and Sarawak :

Malaysia has a choice on whether to turn from its destructive path or put things right.It is a desperate situation because we cannot take this any more (Kitingan)

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/08/29/stop-igno...

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-31 22:56 | Report Abuse

Best forward idea.... 1msia

Sept 16, 1963, should be the real National Day of Malaysia because that was the day when Malaysia was formed,” he said at a press conference here today. Putrajaya must “respect” the true history of Malaysia and must celebrate the actual days correctly so that the younger generation would be aware of the country’s history and could give the days the real respect they deserve.To continue celebrating Aug 31 as Malaysia’s National Day is to continue insulting Sarawak (Sarawak Association for People's Aspiration)

Hear what my ppl say......frank, loud and clear....calling a spade a spade

......let anak2 msia learn the one only thing to unite

speakup

25,307 posts

Posted by speakup > 2019-08-31 23:03 | Report Abuse

i oso agree with the author. Pakatan has let us rakyat down. Where is the Malaysia Baru? The is no malaysia baru, just new faces implementing old malaysia policies.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-08-31 23:03 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka 2019 Food for Thought
(Merdeka starts from the mindset....swlf reliant....independent.....taking responsibility)

Is it part of the politico-bureaucratic syndrome that suggests that public money is yours to dispose of as you see fit? Whatever the reason hand outs offer no benefit to Malaysians. And they are certainly no alternative to education. Part of the breakfast package is education on nutrition. Nutrition taught to children is a waste of time, unless you want to wait a generation to see the results. The target for education should be the parents. Both in terms of nutritional know-how and responsibility. If negligent parents can’t step up to the line, then community self-help (government sponsored) should be the next line of attack. But parents should never be encouraged to “pass the buck” for their own responsibilities off to the government. That sounds like the beginnings of communism. (The Analyser)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-09-01 06:27 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Dream vs worst nightmare

I envisioned writing about a government that kept its electoral promises, was people-friendly, focused on nipping the cost of living, worked at actually increasing minimum wages, revamped the country's education system, promote inclusivity... (Charles Santiago)

Nightmare

Today, we are not the champions of the people. In fact, people are livid and feel betrayed.(Charles Santiago)

Yes....wake up....stop pretending.......define the problems......see them as opportunity to change for betterment

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-09-01 10:19 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Special Award (True Patriot for Real Nation-building)

The educational quality of our national schools has greatly declined over the last three decades primarily due to the lack of competent teachers and effective school leaders. We are all paying the price for sacrificing quality for a narrow racist agenda and mediocrity. In the words of a close Malay friend of mine, "Singh, tak ada kualiti, tak apa. Janji orang kita yang jadi cikgu dan pengetua." (Ranjit Singh Malhi)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-09-02 08:01 | Report Abuse

Ending 'divide and rule' cruelty.......

.....for the real begining of unity

STOP FUNDING ALL RACE-BASED INSTITUTIONS

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-09-02 08:55 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 Detox Idea

Let the Dawn for Unity begins: Let's End of Race-based Funding (A Bornean Calling)

Let all race-based institutions start to learn to be self-reliant..... and ......self-sustaining

or suffer own defeat and die off......

......as the right ending they should get (for being toxic)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-09-02 10:00 | Report Abuse

Best Merdeka2019 QUOTE

The leaders of Pakatan Harapan were driven by love prior to GE14.They used to love the rakyat, people of all races and colour, creeds and background, and they used to preach a more inclusive and harmonious Malaysia. Now that they’re in power, they are no longer driven by love. They are driven by fear. They fear to lose the power they have more than anything in the world. One only fears the things they don’t understand. It is apparent that Harapan no longer understands the rakyat.(Elvin K)

Pain and Pleasure- powerful mover.............from come into power because of love ...................failing fast as losers because of fears

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-03 06:26 | Report Abuse

KIATA BANGSA MALAYSIA- Merdekakan Minda Dan Jiwa Ketika Muda 2019

Anak-anak Malaysia
Biar berbeza agama
Satu hidung dua mata
Kita Manusia Sama

Demi capai perpaduan
Mesti tukar fikiran
Di mana ada kemahuan
Di situ ada jalan

Tak kira miskin atau kaya
Tak kira nyata atau sahih
Hendak seribu daya,
Tak hendak seribu dalih

(Korus)
Orang generasi lama
Tatkala bapa borek anak jadi rintih
Kita pasti berjaya
Buang yang keruh, ambil yang jernih

Orang generasi lama
Bagai ketam mengajar anak berjalan lurus
Datang generasi kita
Hanya percaya amanah, adil, saksama dan telus

Orang generasi lama
Tak insaf walau perjalanan hidup hampir ke penghujung
Orang generasi kita
Jangan berfikiran kusut bagai katak di bawah tempurung

Anak-anak Malaysia
Esok hari tiang negara
Pentingnya guru dan pengetua
Jangann salah preskripsi petua

Anak-anak Malaysia jangan runcing
Persaudaraan agama masing-masing
Tapi tiada yang atasi warga negara
Malaysia- Satu negara satu bangsa

(Reforming schooling system...right thinking....starting young......producing 'Malaysian First' pupils)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz