Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by KC Loh 2012-08-03 14:51

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-02 23:53 | Report Abuse

Just watch this space. Malaysia is flushed with money already. Now just waiting if the aggregate effect to spiral down to consumer spending. My estimate is 4Q12 or 1Q13. Could the GE13 be on 2013 after CNY?

Look out for signs. If the budget is a consumer friendly one in September, you know its pushing the bull to move. I think it will be a budget tackling the woes and burden of the rakyat like food price and inflation. I think it has to come to that:more goodies. Then of course another driver is more jobs under ETP. This will spur spending. Stock will benefit and bonds will retreat. Other tell tale signs of putting back money? Lower taxes and even IRB is proposing 2% interest to excesses. Domestic demand and consumption needs to be spurred. The spillover will certainly benefit our Equity market.

Najib will be seen as a miracle worker. He needs to bide his time to ensure consumer and rakyat taken care by the "caring" government. Coming back to his 2nd part of rakyat diutamakan. Lets give credit where credit is due. The architect of all this is not Nor Yaacop, but Lin See Yan. He has been given some prominent time in govt media lately. Nor, Daim and Mahathir is known to be attentive to what he says. Houston, putrajaya may have a lift off end of the year!

Like the schizophrenic Alexlulu, I am just predicting the course only, not the date of election. Just predicting only! LoL

Ooi Teik Bee

11,122 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-08-03 00:03 | Report Abuse

Dear Loh,

DJI < 12,940 again.

Hopefully, KLCI is > 1,602 tomorrow.

Timing is not good.

Very difficult task to make your investment work.

Thank you.

Ooi

EmoTrader

171 posts

Posted by EmoTrader > 2012-08-03 00:14 | Report Abuse

Ooi Teik Bee: DJIA 100-200points will not effect klse too much! I means will not drop to 1602 in just one day unless market crash! 30 Points per day too much! I agree that market sentimen is not good but will not drop more than points per day!!!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 00:24 | Report Abuse

Bernanke was suppose to announce easing stimulus yesterday, now is deferred to September. He probably wants to see Europe moves first because anymore lowering of the key interest rate, they will be at 0% from its current 0.25%. May get to stagflation for US in this case. Too small a stimulus, will defeat the purpose, and too many times (if the small one announced as market hoped for) may make him like a dolt if stimulus not working. I think the higher employment figures gave him room to delay til September. By the european course would have been charted due to the pressing need to stem contagion effect of high borrowing.

Don't know how chart read that one, but I see a scared man not making decision.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,122 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-08-03 14:27 | Report Abuse

Dear all,

I look at the market, actually KLSE is still strong to weather the storm.

However, please be careful when KLCI is dropping. The strong support is at 1,602. This level cannot be broken in order for us to witness bull market in KLSE.

Please be informed. I am always pessimistic on planning, optimistic on implementation.

Thank you.

Best regards always,

Ooi

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 14:51 | Report Abuse

yeah, the ECB result was kind of a setback. Both remain cautious and trying to predict one to the other's move. the other being the Fed of course!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz