Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by jack_ng 2011-10-11 15:21

carries

117 posts

Posted by carries > 2011-10-10 11:49 | Report Abuse

Still no volume ... so hard to see which way the market will be trending ....
Hoping for more consolidation .........

At least, it looks like most of the retail investors have managed to get out .... and are sidelined for now .....

For me, i have finished all my trades and i'm happy with my updated portfolio ....
Now it's time for me to hold and hibernate again .... well for the next few years anyway .....

jack_ng

41 posts

Posted by jack_ng > 2011-10-10 17:30 | Report Abuse

Hi Carries, that mean you are holding some good shares for long-term? Mind to share?

carries

117 posts

Posted by carries > 2011-10-10 18:41 | Report Abuse

Errr i'm a novice and know absolutely nothing about the markets ....

I started in 1998 by playing the penny stocks only ..... (was heeding the call of the then PM, to support to local market)
I am glad to say that i am still holding 8 of those "penny" counters today as they are now among the top 100 companies

Recently, (after more than a decade of hibernation) i readjusted my portfolio and switched over almost entirely to the the large cap counters (Top 100 companies by market capitalisation) that give a decent dividend and just spread my risk by investing in various sectors ....

I have no system for picking counters (nothing conventional anyway) and have no idea how to read the graphs.

I'm not investing in the proper way and hold at least 16 counters eventhough i know it should only be 5-10 at most ....

There are alot of good teachers here and they would be better equipped to give you very good advice (that's why i am also reading the stuff on this website because i also want to learn how to invest properly)

jack_ng

41 posts

Posted by jack_ng > 2011-10-11 15:21 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the good sharing about your experience.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz