12 comment(s). Last comment by chongkonghui 2012-03-21 09:55

cytew

1,578 posts

Posted by cytew > 2012-02-09 12:22 | Report Abuse

Have already taken !!!

lamken

183 posts

Posted by lamken > 2012-02-09 19:47 | Report Abuse

Alex Lu -Your whole article is completely wrong and you have no understanding of the company and the industry at all. Please do some proper research before writing about something you know nothing about.

Please see below.

"From my personal checking, the supply in the HDD sector should be normalized by June this year"

Can you please state which sources you checked with? Because the CEO of Seagate has already stated the shortage will extend past

see below:

Seagate CEO Steve Luczo:

Luczo believes the HDD industry is not meeting capacity demand: "There is substantial and growing shortfall in unmet exabyte demand. We believe that the exabyte demand is growing at 40 per cent per year, while areal density growth is increasing at less than 25 per cent per year... We believe the industry will likely exit the calendar year with approximately 100 exabytes of unmet demand."

He reckons this equates to a 150 million unit shortfall for the calendar year.

SOURCE http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/02/01/seagate_q2_fy2012/

"We should avoid using the abnormal EPS for the latest quarter to compute the PE ratio as this level of earning will soon subside"

Which school of business did you graduate from? We should ignore the Q1FY12 earnings becuase the level of earnings will subside? on what basis did you come to that conclusion. JCY is spending capex 300 million over next 2 years to expand to increase production by 40%. If they have not secured the extra business why spend the capex to expand to increase the production by 40% over 2 years?

Do you know why their competitors will not come back until at least Dec? How many CNC machine makers are there around the world? Do you even know what a CNC machine is? how long it takes to build the machine? test it and ship it? DO you know how long qualifaication for a factory takes? Obviously not.

"JCY is trading at PE ratio of 18 times" so lets ignore the best quarter JCY has had to date and take the worst 4 quarters and say JCY is trading at PE 18 times. very misleading indeed.

People please do not be mislead by this article which is completely wrong.

arebear

86 posts

Posted by arebear > 2012-02-09 21:19 | Report Abuse

Wow... very convincing lamken. But i believe what Alex stated above more logic and technically correct. The fact that GTR35 is very fast is absolutely correct but if u put it to rally race, it might got the last place or unable to end the race at all. So here, the fact that the HDD shortage is correct but you put it at wrong place.

lamken

183 posts

Posted by lamken > 2012-02-10 04:45 | Report Abuse

Arebear: more logic and technically correct?? You must be kidding me. Do your charts factor in natural disasters with multiple flow on effects and artificial price manipulation by osk in the last 2 days? Moreover this article has been written with more opinion then facts.

kclee

110 posts

Posted by kclee > 2012-02-11 12:09 | Report Abuse

Base on my opinion, you dont do it "technically" correct too alex. The basic rules of drawing a trend line. 3 consecutive that join which make a full trendline. From what I see, how can you draw a bearish divergence with only 2 point, ADDING UP that your line is drawn on the last trade day of market close. So how do you make conclusion with the line? Do you mean that you know what will happen on monday when the market open?

One more things i want to mention is drawing a bearish divergence at the RSI oscillator? As far from what I know, Relative Strength index DO NOT indicate a trend movement. For your information, a sudden LARGE hike of price will make false signal in the RSI as RSI was calculate base on the average of days up/down close.

All in all, just becareful with the trade and set a reasonable stop loss if anything "bad" happen (touchwood).

My 2 cent, correct me if i'm wrong.

KCLee

limayseng

2,076 posts

Posted by limayseng > 2012-02-11 12:36 | Report Abuse

just 2 cts of a coin ...why quarrel over something which u r not very sure yet. market forces will determine the final outcome.

Posted by Blangkat Ahmad Basimin > 2012-02-15 08:33 | Report Abuse

Clearly this is just one person personal opinion. no need to hate or be angry. its a free country what.

kclee

110 posts

Posted by kclee > 2012-02-15 08:44 | Report Abuse

not really free blangkat

Posted by A Ghani Muda > 2012-02-15 09:48 | Report Abuse

We are here to share info

Posted by mohd sahran omar > 2012-02-15 09:56 | Report Abuse

the conclusion.... now can buy or not? hehehe

chongkonghui

1,117 posts

Posted by chongkonghui > 2012-03-21 09:55 | Report Abuse

Recent price (1.08) conclude and confirm Alex's view.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz