Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by bsngpg 2013-10-12 17:44

Posted by Micheal Teo > 2013-07-01 22:28 | Report Abuse

Pretty logical n rasional argument of ur purview regarding stockmarket investment. I set a target to outperform bank or bond teturns fr. Bursa in my portfolio of stocks.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-12 17:44 | Report Abuse

My Return so far in Bursa :
A rough estimation shows that 80% of the time I have a negative paper return in Bursa. Even I finally enjoy a positive paper return at the current long lasting Bull, it is still at a shamefully lower than saving interest from bank. It is undeniable that my big losses at the early years pull down the overall return. Nevertheless it is very lucky to recover at the latest few years after switching most of the holding to more established counters such as CIMB, Mbb, LPI, Mahsing, Genting, Zhulian. I believe some other investors going thru the similar path as mine, playing lots of second and third liners with exciting illusion especially during the bull market. And the cruel fact is that the hardly earned tiny profit was swiped away a long with a big cut on the self capital by the unexpected Bear at anytime.

So, my advice is that please strip off any illusion that share market can make your rich or give you easy money. I know that most of the people will not sense and agree with this point at the current Bull market, but please be reminded that Bear can be there at anytime without any notice. Never and never and never think that you are smart in calculating the value, forecasting or interpreting trend, there is hardly anybody can beat the broad market when the bloody Bear massacres.

In fact I am psychologically ready at any times to loss 30% from the current holding. On the bright side (or maybe an illusion again), I am “hoping” to earn 5% annual return since inception on the entire portfolio from the current Bull (if only god bless). However I have confident that I will have 10% annual return in the next Bull which maybe 5-10 years later.

Thank you

Post a Comment
Market Buzz