2 people like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by slts 2013-08-14 17:58

rikki

2,020 posts

Posted by rikki > 2013-08-14 11:13 | Report Abuse

According to recent Alliance Research, MAS have not hedged their Foreign Currency Loan. With the US Dollar appreciation against the ringgit, MAS need to repay more in ringgit terms for their foreign currency loan. Jet fuel is also quoted in USD. Therefore, there is a double effect.

Abudance

2,211 posts

Posted by Abudance > 2013-08-14 11:46 | Report Abuse

Rikki, double whammy downwards ! MAS needs complete restructuring and complete new and cheaper supply chain. Stranglehold of the union is tough to handle. Need also to work with tourism Malaysia and immigration for mm2h people and developers. Also MM2H should be able to buy rm500k homes and not ridiculous high price of rm1 million! Can attract high calibre retired people to work as consultants. Malaysian wish to see MAS doing well again like the the yesterday's where sia and MAS were well known airlines!

Posted by lotsofmoney > 2013-08-14 12:46 | Report Abuse

If I have 6B, I would buy MAS. Having billions of loss on the book, I can look forward to many years of tax free income. There are many ways to reduce cost. Exchange rate is a double edge sword, the huge employee's pay in RM vs operational cost in USD. Cheaper RM will also automatically boost profit in foreign tourist income. I think what MAS lacks is a good brain.

Posted by j harcharanjit a/l jalaur singh dhillon > 2013-08-14 17:48 | Report Abuse

will never rise again

slts

2,157 posts

Posted by slts > 2013-08-14 17:58 | Report Abuse

bankrupt company, donkies managements
bail out twice by govt
history will repeat it self
don't touch

Post a Comment
Market Buzz