2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-13 09:36 | Report Abuse

投资市场就好像赌场的缩影,是个违反人类逻辑的地方。几乎每个走进的人都抱持著我要赢钱的心态,都想着自己可以从投资市场获利,然后某天可以达到财富自由。

(别发梦啦, 财富自由不是通过投资市场而已可达到的. 正业为主, 投资为辅呀)

投资要瞻前也要顾后.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-13 09:38 | Report Abuse

Perplexed, why good article cannot not attract any comment ? What does this implies ?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-13 09:46 | Report Abuse

Is this forum for hooray! hooray? Are we too optimistic now? I wish some experienced investors can kindly drop few warnings periodically.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-13 10:10 | Report Abuse

Based on my own experience, many counters heavily discussed in this forum are “Rxxxish or half Rxxxish” during big Bear market. During the big Bear, there is hardly people talk about them just like the useless stuff deep inside the store room. It is undeniable that you may make some fast money playing those second or third league counters in the current hot bull markets if you are lucky, but as a bread earner of our beloved home, shouldn’t we value our hard earned money more and invest in those more established and reliable counters? With this, we at least can still see our capital there while receiving some dividend as consolation money during the Bear market.

jpleow

247 posts

Posted by jpleow > 2013-10-13 13:00 | Report Abuse

Hahaha, serious long term investors rarely come to this forum since they spend most of their time doing homework or research, not boasting around in this forum. :D

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-10-13 17:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by bsngpg > Oct 13, 2013 09:36 AM | Report Abuse

投资市场就好像赌场的缩影,是个违反人类逻辑的地方。几乎每个走进的人都抱持著我要赢钱的心态,都想着自己可以从投资市场获利,然后某天可以达到财富自由。

I have posted this a few times.

"In their 2009 paper on “option trading and individual investor performance” , Rob Bauer, Mathijs Casemans and Piet Eichholtz examine the performance and persistence of individual investors trading at a Dutch online broker. Using a database consisting of more than 68,000 accounts and eight million trades in stocks during January 2000 to March 2006, they find that: During 2000-2006, the average investor has negative alphas, meaning the return is below the market return. Not even the top tenth of performance manages to beat the market consistently. Those in the bottom tenth of performance lose more than 90% of value. "

(别发梦啦, 财富自由不是通过投资市场而已可达到的. 正业为主, 投资为辅呀)

You are absolutely right. Concentrate in earning money from your occupation as the main source. but don't forget to save and invest also as what this gentlemen said:

“How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” - Robert G. Allen

投资要瞻前也要顾后.

True too. But be reminded that when you drive, there is a limit of how far you get see ahead, especially in a foggy place. Be sure to look at the rear mirror so that you won't get knocked down by cars from behind too.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-10-13 17:53 | Report Abuse

Posted by bsngpg > Oct 13, 2013 09:38 AM | Report Abuse
Perplexed, why good article cannot not attract any comment ? What does this implies ?

Is this the only good article posted by Tan KW? He has posted scores of them, none or little of them have attracted any interest.

But Tan KW, there are some reading those articles, me included.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-13 18:18 | Report Abuse

Thanks my friend.

Many come here to hooray, I come here to read and learn and not forgetting to contribute humbly wherever applicable. Most of the articles (market blog) were read by me, thousand thanks to KW Tan and other “posters” and your postings too except those you disputed hotly with others.

Your comment came in during my “beach jogging time”(yesterday I made it 6 kms), so I have to excuse myself here. Cheers.

Posted by Yee Liang > 2013-10-13 21:16 | Report Abuse

Thousands thanks to KW Tann too. I am also one of those who always read ur article. Reading the articles u posted daily, are what I usually do after work. Those articles are good, really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Posted by Steve Ker > 2013-10-14 16:32 | Report Abuse

Same here, thank you so much Mr KW Tan.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz