1 person likes this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2013-11-14 05:27

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-13 20:56 | Report Abuse

Lol xingquan again. I don't know whether I should salute his self condifence or shall I call this as arrogance. Obviously there are something wrong with this company's corporate exercises and accounts. So many cash on hand but so little interest received! The interest payment is extraordinarily high at 9%. Company is traded below net cash per share and the bosses cried for foul but no initiatives were taken. If the cash is really there why don't they repurchase the share or pay dividends? Or just simply take it private!

mogul88

55 posts

Posted by mogul88 > 2013-11-13 21:09 | Report Abuse

Should be his cousin

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-13 23:44 | Report Abuse

does he sure that they have done their jobs? My dad had been working for more than a dozens of companies and deal with more than dozens of auditors including those from big 4 (pwc). By the way I dare not publish his comments!

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-14 01:13 | Report Abuse

http://guanyu9.blogspot.com/2009/05/auditor-landscape-gets-more-varied.html
pls google and search for how many s-chips are associated with Foo Kon Tan Grant Thornton LLP. Haha even big 4 also have some of the world largest scandals associated with them!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-11-14 05:27 | Report Abuse

Professor Glen Arnord, in summary:

•The present value of owner earnings gives a share of its intrinsic value.
•An investor selecting a share for qualities of value should, as part of the assessment, analyze its growth potential.
•An investor judging a so-called growth approach will not pay any price, and so will look to purchase at a low price relative to its future prospects.
•The investment shown by the discounted-flows-of-cash calculation to be the cheapest is the one that the investors should purchase-irrespective of whether the business grows or doesn’t, displays volatility or smoothness in its earnings, or carries a high price of low in relation to its current earnings and book value.

The key elements in a ValueGrowth strategy:
1.A business you understand
2.A strong and durable economic franchise
3 Operated by honest and competent people
4.Financial strength
5.Available at a very attractive price
6.Low diversification
7.Holding for the very long term.

When investing, focus on the business:
•Avoid equation with Greek letters
•Forget charts and graphs
•Leave aside mathematical formulas and asset allocations rules
•Ignore the market moods, fads and fashions
•Be very sceptical about tipsters, brokers’ recommendations and forecasters
•Leave turnaround situations alone
•Don’t be tempted by those firms that offer jam tomorrow, but will have no profit to show for the next few years, and are trading on a multiple of turnover.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz