3 people like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by ogre 2014-09-02 02:24

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-24 18:56 | Report Abuse

kikikikiiii ... pdt cannot " touch " pn17 counter like sumatec and ace counter la ... correct me if i m wrong ? thanks

Posted by Random Trading > 2014-08-24 21:08 | Report Abuse

From what I know, it depends on the individual brokerage policy. So it is hard to say.

connie

37,592 posts

Posted by connie > 2014-08-24 21:10 | Report Abuse

tj .... u are correcto, they cant trade ace counters ! but the letter did not mention pn17 :(

PDTS operate under controlled environment
Posted on 5 April 2012 – 09:08pm
WITH reference to “Proprietary traders must also pay fees” (Letters, March 28), we wish to thank the writer for his views.
Proprietary Day Traders (PDTs) were introduced in January 2007 with the aim of increasing liquidity in the market and reducing the imbalance of long-term investors and short-term traders. Their introduction was also part of Bursa Malaysia’s effort to facilitate a more robust price discovery mechanism. Proprietary traders exist in markets around the world, and in Malaysia, anyone who has passed the exam for a Dealer’s Representative Licence and has five years trading experience can apply to become a PDT.
While PDTs enjoy incentives such as clearing fee rebates if they trade a certain amount in a month and can conduct intraday shorting, it is important to note that there are also restrictions imposed upon them and they operate under a controlled environment as licensed professional traders. For instance, PDTs must close off their short positions within the day. Unclosed short sold positions are deemed to be in violation of the rules. PDTs are not allowed to acquire the shares and all purchase positions must be closed within two days of the transaction date. PDTs are not allowed to trade on the ACE Market and they are strictly prohibited from carrying out trades for clients of brokers.
These restrictions are vigilantly monitored to ensure that the benefits enjoyed by PDTs are appropriately used. Action will be taken against those found to have breached the rules.
Elaine Mariman
Acting Head
Strategic Communications
Bursa Malaysia

Posted by Random Trading > 2014-08-24 21:29 | Report Abuse

Ya Connie you are right. They can't trade Ace market but I'm not so sure they can't trade PN17 stocks. As matter of fact, I know some retail traders trade with even bigger volume than PDT with their own money. Can you imagine that. With property sector slowing down, I believe that there will be more liquidity in the market in the near future.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-25 00:17 | Report Abuse

hi random trading , got aar ? got broker house allow pdt to short pn counter ar ? which broker ? can let tj know ? damn curious leh ... u ada check bo b4 u say this ....

" Random Trading From what I know, it depends on the individual brokerage policy. So it is hard to say.
24/08/2014 21:08

dont simply say leh ... if ada then tj owe u a big apology and thanks for the information . really appreciate .

and fyi is not difficult to be a pdt and the money that require to be a pdt also not much , any how small or big not the matter la .. the only problem i think is they need to go to the broker house and cannot perform short or long out side la ... happy trading

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-25 00:18 | Report Abuse

hi connie .. cause sumatec is under pn 17 and that day big plunge in penny stock is lead by sumatec la , till here wish u get what i mean and understand y i mention this la ... wish u huat huat and happy trading la

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-25 01:01 | Report Abuse

kikikikii .. jimmy 123 .. go ask your remiser or investment bank what is PDT or PT and what they can do cannot do that mention in this article first , ok ?

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-25 02:12 | Report Abuse

aiyo jimmy 123 , u r good man lai ... but why not u go and ask your remiser or investment bank first what is proprietary day traders ( PDT ) that mention in this article ? ok ? the more u explain here the more u let people feel the more apa tu la u ... ok ? happy trading la

Posted by Random Trading > 2014-08-25 07:27 | Report Abuse

Hi Tj, yes from what I know there r firms allow their PDT short selling PN17 stocks. Of coz I can't b 100% sure so if anyone from compliance dept can shed some light here would b great.

Hi jimmy, PDT is different. Like Tj said, you will know more if you ask your remisier abt them.

ogre

107 posts

Posted by ogre > 2014-09-01 23:35 | Report Abuse

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/misc/system/equity_market_statistics/securities_equities_rss.pdf
@tjhldg @Random Trading
Yes, PN17 co can be traded short selling.
The latest listing by Bursa included Sumatec in RSS list beginning March '14 (if I'm not mistaken).
However, as per the link above, prior to Black Wednesday up until 29/8, no record of Sumatec being traded RSS.
The list is updated daily after market hour and has a history of 10 market days.
So I believe PDT was not the cause for Sumatec Black Wednesday.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-09-02 00:10 | Report Abuse

u ada check betul betul bo ? sumatec in short sell list ? and fyi pdt dont need borrow ticket dulu then sell aeh ... dia suka suka tenggok tu counter from main board and not under pn status then he can sell already .. the term and condition is pdt need to buy back same day or hearsay the most is next trading day early morning at whatever price ... and as sumatec uplift from pn 17 this tuesday so some of the pdt may take action on it la .. think they wait upliftment from pn17 for this counter till neck long long liau :)... or if u know any pdt from any broker short this sumatec b4 today ... pls let tj know .. thanks

Post a Comment
Market Buzz