10 people like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by aikwais 2015-01-04 21:43

johnny cash

6,356 posts

Posted by johnny cash > 2015-01-01 23:56 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz thanks it s very helpfull....please can you provide your e mail address?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-02 04:30 | Report Abuse

johnny cash,

My email address ckc13invest@gmail.com

Oh yes, those interested in learning how to identify good companies, and most of all, how to know if it is not expensive to buy their stocks can contact me at the above address.

What else is more important that this?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-01-02 10:24 | Report Abuse

Hi kcchong : Under thread “Stock Pick Year 2014 - Final Update on 31-Dec-2014”, one of the forumer is so desperate to know your pick for 2015 till using ungraceful words. From one side, I am sorry for you receiving those ungraceful comments but on the flip side, it can be seen as a compliment to your great achievement(“kong fu”) albeit it was expressed thru undesirable way.

In fact I am very keen to know your pick too. I always educate my friends that if they want to make wealth thru Bursa, one of the proven way is thru “value Investing” in long term as shown by the unbelievable result by one of the forumer from NZ. I do wish that you compile your list of portfolio for 2015, so that I could use them as another solid example to show them that “value investing” really works effectively.

Unfortunately, I am a rotten old bird, cannot learn new trick anymore else I would have made some wealth from the past 2 years after knowing you. Worst still that the only 2 counters which I coincidentally having similar view with you are not the winners.

Mr kcchongnz : Thank you very much for your unabated great contribution to investing community and a Happy New Year to you.

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-01-02 14:14 | Report Abuse

Well done KC, wishing you & everybody a happy prosperous 2015!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-02 15:16 | Report Abuse

Kevin, happy new year to you too.

bsngpg, from the first question he asked, I know he came with malicious intentions. He must be using new ids all the time trying to do this and feel "siok" about it. It is ok with me as I can counter him, no problem. But I want to curb his "siokness", otherwise he will do it to many others who may be easily get hurt.

To me value investing is the way to go for long term wealth building. But it is difficult, not because the things you do in value investing is difficult, but it is the psychological aspect of it. Few can stay a "value investor" after seeing his portfolio devastated by 20%, 30%. But that happen often. It is only in the long term, value investing will show results, provided you do the right value investing.

My portfolio is nothing as I have a lot of limitations as an individual. You can actually find many good value portfolios in the 2015 stock pick challenge now going on. Try scout from there.

But one thing for sure, those value portfolios there will do well in the long term, but not in a one-year competition like that.

Of course to have better chance of success, one has to learn and do the value investing the right way. Something too simple is unlikely to yield extra-ordinary results. But it doesn't mean value investing has to be complicated.

Don't say you are old, I doubt you are older than me. It is the willingness to spend time and effort, and most of all truly believe value investing works. The last one is the hardest.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-01-02 16:17 | Report Abuse

“simple is unlikely to yield extra-ordinary results” : superficial calculation is simple but data verification and understanding are very difficult.

“the difficult part is psychological aspect of it” : seeing value evaporates by 20-30% is still bearable, the most torturing part is seeing other’s up by 20-30% but our own selection is not moving.

“TRULY believe value investing works”: in early days I argued with you that I am a value investor too. Now I know I am not a TRUE one, maybe a half-boiled one. I believe there are many half-boiled out there but self-presume that they are value investors. Nevertheless, we, half-boiled, do good to the market by contributing fund and sentiment to it but letting value investors to spot and catch the value. He! He! What a pity half-boiled.

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-01-02 22:34 | Report Abuse

@bsngpg, you may consider to join Mr. Chong's course. You should able to equip yourself with some good hunting tools from the course.

SS661M

1,016 posts

Posted by SS661M > 2015-01-03 07:40 | Report Abuse

20-30% losses when market is at its all time high not scary? You must be kidding.

SS661M

1,016 posts

Posted by SS661M > 2015-01-03 07:53 | Report Abuse

KC will refute my statement by asking 'What is it's IV?' After observing the price & IV for sometimes, I notice that price seldom catch up with IV. Very often IV will deteriorate with company fundamental (without much warning) & fell to the market's anticipated price (especially small cap). I believe in value investing. Shall we be skeptical as well (half boiled)?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-03 10:10 | Report Abuse

Skepticism is utmost necessary in investing. There is no Holy Grail in investing. Independent and critical thinking are other important traits in investing.

Value investing as I have said many times before, doesn't necessary works for everyone. If it does, it would have all been arbitraged away in a seemingly efficient market, and nobody can benefit from the market using this strategy any more. However the evidence has shown again and again it is otherwise.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/50988.jsp

Well so far, it certainly works for me as shown in the portfolios above, not for the last few months, but a longer period of 2 years for my first portfolio, and 17 months for the second portfolio. Even those periods are too short to be meaningful.

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2015-01-03 10:27 | Report Abuse

Posted by SS661M > Jan 3, 2015 07:40 AM | Report Abuse

20-30% losses when market is at its all time high not scary? You must be kidding.

I agree. Must have no losses otherwise be like Leno Bo Cash C.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-01-03 13:02 | Report Abuse

If 20-30% is something unbearable, you must be very optimistic on the behavior of the market. I envy you. I am an ordinary participant in the market, I see it as a norm albeit it is an unpleasant fact.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-01-03 13:23 | Report Abuse

I perceive the relatively less outstanding portfolio #3 is mainly due to the 2 Wa and the timing of its inception when market stood at as high as at 1844. Some may think that value is irrelevant to timing(index), but I do believe ratio of risk to return will increases along the index, and thus value decreases. Wrong concept? Maybe that is the reason I am still drifting in the market.

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-01-03 19:49 | Report Abuse

Only after 3 bear cycles or minimum of 15years, will we know how good a investor really is.
After 3 years, we will know how good a market timer one really is! Or, should we say how lucky instead?

aikwais

108 posts

Posted by aikwais > 2015-01-04 21:43 | Report Abuse

@Intelligent Investor, do you mind to share your excel?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz