1 person likes this.

10 comment(s). Last comment by CFTrader 2015-03-22 00:46

calvintaneng

53,278 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-03-20 16:13 | Report Abuse

If there is no clarity don't simply invest. Better keep to Cash. But if you are SURE then you must act and deploy cash.

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2015-03-21 00:56 | Report Abuse

to share my experience, I diversified. The world is getting smaller. It is easier to travel to another country compared to years ago. It is easier to manage your funds through the internet than years ago. It is easier to invest in another country than years ago.

The world is my oyster. Msia too small. Besides, since 1998, I have noticed the ringgit is weak, KLSE also weak.

I diversified into other countries.
Now, you can open FD in another country.
You can purchase shares in another country.

Example:
in 2011, CNY to RM was about CNY2.2 to RM1.
now it's CNY1.7 to RM1.
If you opened FD in China's bank in 2011, say CNY50000 and earn the interest say 4%pa. Then in 2015, you bring all back and exchange to RM, you gain extra due to exchange rate.

example:
in 2011, capital needed to open FD for CNY50k = about rm22727
end of 1st yr = 50k x 1.04
end of 2nd yr = ....
....... 3rd yr = ...
.... 4th yr = about CNY58490.
bring back to Msia in 2015 = about RM34405.

Now, you think you open public bank FD in 2011 with the same RM22727 and interest 4%pa can get return of investment (ROI) of RM 11678 in 4yrs? Do the maths urself, do not be lazy!

The world is your oyster. jangan jadi katak di bawah tempurung
jangan jadi jaguh kampong saja. syok sendiri only.

Same goes if u open Sing dollar, Aussie dollar, etc...
Key here is the currency must be a stronger one than ringgit.
Key here is ur account must be from that country, not thru Msian banks or securities company.

Same thing goes if you purchase a dividend share in these stronger countries rather than KLSE.

You want me to show example on dividend shares from another country? Don't rely on tongkat la. Gi belajar, belajar, belajar sendiri....

The world is your oyster!

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2015-03-21 01:02 | Report Abuse

to share my experience, I diversified. The world is getting smaller. It is easier to travel to another country compared to years ago. It is easier to manage your funds through the internet than years ago. It is easier to invest in another country than years ago.

The world is my oyster. Msia too small. Besides, since 1998, I have noticed the ringgit is weak, KLSE also weak.

So I diversified into other countries.
Now, you can open FD in another country.
You can purchase shares in another country.

Example:
in 2011, CNY to RM was about CNY2.2 to RM1.
now it's CNY1.7 to RM1.
If you opened FD in China's bank in 2011, say CNY50000 and earn the interest say 4%pa. Then in 2015, you bring all back and exchange to RM, you gain extra due to exchange rate.

example:
in 2011, capital needed to open FD for CNY50k = about rm22727
end of 1st yr = 50k x 1.04
end of 2nd yr = ....
....... 3rd yr = ...
.... 4th yr = about CNY58490.
bring back to Msia in 2015 = about RM34405.

Now, you think you open public bank FD in 2011 with the same RM22727 and interest 4%pa can get return of investment (ROI) of RM 11678 in 4yrs? Do the maths urself, do not be lazy!

The world is your oyster. jangan jadi katak di bawah tempurung
jangan jadi jaguh kampong saja. syok sendiri only.

Same goes if u open Sing dollar, Aussie dollar, etc...
Key here is the currency must be a stronger one than ringgit.

Same thing goes if you purchase a dividend share in these stronger countries rather than KLSE.

You want me to show example? Don't rely on tongkat la. Belajar, belajar, belajar....

The world is your oyster!

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-03-21 12:11 | Report Abuse

Long term investors, stay almost fully invested at all times. Otherwise...its just market timing.

calvintaneng

53,278 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-03-21 12:33 | Report Abuse

calvinwky168

While it is Ok to diversify we must also be very sure outside the area of our competence.

What if you park your money in HK or Singapore Mini Bonds?

What if you bought into Russian Rouble?

I have bought Some Shengsiong & Singpost shares in Singapore.

Both have done well due to their defensive nature.

However, I find more Bargains in KLSE all the time. Malaysia is an Investment Paradise For VALUE INVESTORS since majority 90% of the Media & people are short term speculators. Even The EdgeDaily Boss is dabbling short term & Focus Magazine often Focus on wrong stuff.

And TTB of Icapbiz is a market timer.

Dr. Neoh Soon Kean the Value Investor has retired & withdrawn from the maddening crowd. VALUE INVESTORS IN MALAYSIA ARE VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

SO THERE IS GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

JUST STAY PUT IN MALAYSIA!

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-03-21 16:54 | Report Abuse

small investors should stay fully invested at all times, but of course do keep some spare $$$...for emergency sake.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2015-03-21 16:56 | Report Abuse

My Sifu Has Spoken.

Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 21, 2015 12:33 PM | Report Abuse

calvinwky168

While it is Ok to diversify we must also be very sure outside the area of our competence.

What if you park your money in HK or Singapore Mini Bonds?

What if you bought into Russian Rouble?

I have bought Some Shengsiong & Singpost shares in Singapore.

Both have done well due to their defensive nature.

However, I find more Bargains in KLSE all the time. Malaysia is an Investment Paradise For VALUE INVESTORS since majority 90% of the Media & people are short term speculators. Even The EdgeDaily Boss is dabbling short term & Focus Magazine often Focus on wrong stuff.

And TTB of Icapbiz is a market timer.

Dr. Neoh Soon Kean the Value Investor has retired & withdrawn from the maddening crowd. VALUE INVESTORS IN MALAYSIA ARE VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

SO THERE IS GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

JUST STAY PUT IN MALAYSIA!

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2015-03-22 00:33 | Report Abuse

haha.. dei macha
as an investor, only concern max.... my ROI.
I do not give a f..k which country, as long as making $$$ grow more than inflation.
given a bull market to a stagnant market to a bear market, no prize for guessing which to choose.

Im not gonna tell u where is the bull market, which country's index just broke all time record this year. if u cannot find it, then ur stupid.

at the end of day, it's $$$ that counts. no sentimental to any shares, any country.

ciao..

CFTrader

812 posts

Posted by CFTrader > 2015-03-22 00:42 | Report Abuse

CASH ... is also one of the position, other than BUY and SELL...

What the people here discuss are capital management...
It is a higher level of discussing than discussing the value of stocks or what...

You can have 1 single position DSONIC that gives 1000% return but overall portfolio are in loss..

You can have 10 losing position that have 5% loss per trade, but all the trades are migitated by 1 single winning position.

That's The wonder of POSITIONING / CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.

CFTrader

812 posts

Posted by CFTrader > 2015-03-22 00:46 | Report Abuse

Most of the people will only finding the way to achieve Maximum ROI.
This year they earn 100% .
Next year they earn 85%.
The next next year, wipe out 80% of the portfolio.
What do they left ?

Learn how to survive at forest is much more better than finding the juiciest lamb .... You never know that there will be hungry packs of wolf approaching you from your six...

Stay alert. Watch your back. Then you will survive.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz