6 people like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by Haan 2015-04-27 15:36

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2015-04-25 21:30 | Report Abuse

all retailers should print this and place it on their wall behind the computer screen...

(1) 'Trading and speculating, unlike investing, is a zero-sum game, no doubt about that'.

(2) "When you locate a bargain, you must ask, 'Why me, God? Why am I the only one who could find this bargain?'"

Posted by Chinchiasong > 2015-04-25 23:52 | Report Abuse

Hi KC, wht is ur stock pick Ah? Solli I slow a bit but hope you can share moving forward pick

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-04-26 08:52 | Report Abuse

Happy and prosperous investing everybody!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-26 09:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by Chinchiasong > Apr 25, 2015 11:52 PM | Report Abuse

Hi KC, wht is ur stock pick Ah? Solli I slow a bit but hope you can share moving forward pick

If you can follow the stock picks from public forums and make money, ching chia song loh.

soli, I can't give stock pick for you to make money. I don't even know I can make money or not, in the short term, for those stocks I wrote about.

But bear in mind, no such thing as free lunch in this world.

jason

7 posts

Posted by jason > 2015-04-26 09:37 | Report Abuse

KC, Thank you for sharing the chart. You have proven an investment in knowledge provides the best return.

chyokh

158 posts

Posted by chyokh > 2015-04-26 12:10 | Report Abuse

if you think fundamental analysis can solve the problem of low returns, just look at icap.biz. Underperforming because fund manager thinks market is overvalued after performing lots of analysis. Has lots of cash now but "nothing to buy". Waiting for years for market to crash but market keeps going up. FA can also be suicidal in a market crash because it makes the investor overconfident that the stocks he/she have selected can withstand a market crash instead of cutting losses. A good example is icap.biz holding onto Parkson. Parkson went above $10 a few years ago but fund manager did not sell because he thinks it is still undervalued. Now Parkson is trading at 2.10. I rest my case.

plumberii

21 posts

Posted by plumberii > 2015-04-26 12:12 | Report Abuse

Where are we now on the greed-fear chart above?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-26 12:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by plumberii > Apr 26, 2015 12:12 PM | Report Abuse

Where are we now on the greed-fear chart above?

"Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
Lao Tzu

So some rules here:

1) Don't lose money, or try not to lose too much. Cut loss when you think you may be wrong is a good idea. But if you check and check and find nothing wrong, then it may be a different story.

2) Adhere to the 8 wonder of the world, the power of compounding. It works

3) Look for values.

If you pay half the price to buy something, even it goes doen in price, it is unlikely you lose much.

Posted by contemplator > 2015-04-26 12:50 | Report Abuse

Mr KC, when u read through the comments in i3, you will find that 80% of them cares only the stock price of tmr or next week. Only a minority care about intrinsic value of the business... Efficient market won't exist due to some typical human behaviour

Posted by contemplator > 2015-04-26 12:52 | Report Abuse

All value and prudent investors should read Charlie Munger's The Psychology of Human Misjudgement... Tell me where i am going to die and i will never go there.

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-26 12:59 | Report Abuse

the truth behind the share investment :not sure win better chance of winning than betting on odd or even in the russian roulette game.

your remisier that provides you tips to buy won't guarantee your bet is sure win. OTB also won't guarantee you sure laughing all the way to the bank if you subscribe to his program

but not sure win does not mean can not win.

then how to win?

very simple,

just 1 or 2 thing you must bear in mind

1. prerequisite condition:
- you must not scare to lose because money any time can be earned back
- listen to kcchong advice do not borrow to invest
- if you can not win big then you are going to lose big . remember DOWN is always faster than UP

2. do it right: right stock , right time and right price

how?

very simple

I know but i do not want to share

BUT

just join for KCCHONG online course,then you need not have to beg me to share with you

friends,

saya cakap main-main saja,

do not take it seriously, life shouldn't be that rigid, should be full of funs and joys. you are free to bantai me if I caused you any dislike , may be I can recommend one apa nama perempuan to you , she is very good in investment and also entertaiment.

play-play main-main saja. no intention to offend anyone because I did not ask you to read.

read at you own will, invest at your own risk

thank you / sorry

hahaha.......

chyokh

158 posts

Posted by chyokh > 2015-04-26 13:27 | Report Abuse

You can analyse until you are paralyse or you can just go with the flow. Join the party but remember to leave before it is over.

plumberii

21 posts

Posted by plumberii > 2015-04-26 13:55 | Report Abuse

"Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
Lao Tzu

So some rules here:

1) Don't lose money, or try not to lose too much. Cut loss when you think you may be wrong is a good idea. But if you check and check and find nothing wrong, then it may be a different story.

2) Adhere to the 8 wonder of the world, the power of compounding. It works

3) Look for values.

If you pay half the price to buy something, even it goes doen in price, it is unlikely you lose much.
------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, no disrespect to my ancestor Lao Tzu. He could be wrong too. Ha.

I am not trying to predict. If we are now on the downward trend, it will be senseless & foolish of me to go out and invest 99% of my wealth in shares, properties, etc etc. Knowing what is happening, analyse it and then decide on your next step.

I have mentioned it before somewhere, big companies like Shell use their knowledge in their look ahead scenario business studies. I am pretty sure they don't get them all right all the time. To me, some look ahead & planning will put one in a better boat than the other one. Maybe Lao Tzu did not know of this - failing to plan is planning to fail. Ha.

Cheerio.

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-04-26 16:25 | Report Abuse

chyokh if you think fundamental analysis can solve the problem of low returns, just look at icap.biz. Underperforming because fund manager thinks market is overvalued after performing lots of analysis. Has lots of cash now but "nothing to buy". Waiting for years for market to crash but market keeps going up. FA can also be suicidal in a market crash because it makes the investor overconfident that the stocks he/she have selected can withstand a market crash instead of cutting losses. A good example is icap.biz holding onto Parkson. Parkson went above $10 a few years ago but fund manager did not sell because he thinks it is still undervalued. Now Parkson is trading at 2.10. I rest my case.
26/04/2015 12:10

I think you mix up between true value investing vs market timers like Tan Teng Boo. A true value investor would have found many bargains to buy post 2008 financial crisis.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-26 18:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by contemplator > Apr 26, 2015 12:50 PM | Report Abuse
Mr KC, when u read through the comments in i3, you will find that 80% of them cares only the stock price of tmr or next week. Only a minority care about intrinsic value of the business... Efficient market won't exist due to some typical human behaviour

Contemplator, kind of agree with you.

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-04-26 18:34 | Report Abuse

Over the long term, ""anytime is a good time to invest"".

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-26 18:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by plumberii > Apr 26, 2015 01:55 PM | Report Abuse
Lao Tzu

Sorry, no disrespect to my ancestor Lao Tzu. He could be wrong too. Ha.

I am not trying to predict. If we are now on the downward trend, it will be senseless & foolish of me to go out and invest 99% of my wealth in shares, properties, etc etc. Knowing what is happening, analyse it and then decide on your next step.

I have mentioned it before somewhere, big companies like Shell use their knowledge in their look ahead scenario business studies. I am pretty sure they don't get them all right all the time. To me, some look ahead & planning will put one in a better boat than the other one. Maybe Lao Tzu did not know of this - failing to plan is planning to fail. Ha.

Lao Tzu is well respected philosopher, even today. Respect was earned, especially his.

Certain principle or philosophy is evergreen, whether it was thousands of years ago, or now.

Anyway we are not talking about investing 99% of your money, one should never do that even in an upmarket, because an upmarket can just turn into a down market, sometimes abruptly.

We are talking about predicting the market, not about planning. Planning is done by most companies every year, I believe, not only Shell.

By the way, why do you think the market is in a down trend now?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-26 19:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by Kevin Wong > Apr 26, 2015 06:34 PM | Report Abuse
Over the long term, ""anytime is a good time to invest"".

Kevin is a great compounder. Compounding is the eight wonder of the world. Hard to go wrong with that.

lextcs

1,961 posts

Posted by lextcs > 2015-04-27 08:46 | Report Abuse

my experience in disciplined regular/monthly auto standing instruction via bank buying into unit trust funds have yielded tremendous results. Not only its an additional savings I do get better than average returns. Small money does accumulate into large amounts

Posted by Raymond Tiruchelvam > 2015-04-27 12:07 | Report Abuse

to answer charles munger's question..... Coz God chose me :-) heeee

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-04-27 12:52 | Report Abuse

chyokh someone forgot to tell you everyone in the party wants to leave before it is over, just that the clock at the party has no hands lol

gungho92

388 posts

Posted by gungho92 > 2015-04-27 14:59 | Report Abuse

traders, speculators, technicals, valuerers, syndicates... everyone is welcome to trade at their own style! it is because of people like these that open the doors to opportunities ! Thus the market is inefficient as it is, we learn to love it for his flaws.

Haan

71 posts

Posted by Haan > 2015-04-27 15:36 | Report Abuse

To put this in an investor perspective, if you know what you are doing with thorough understanding while managing the associated risk then by all mean go ahead and let the things runs it course. Essentially when you start to "predict" the exact time frame it will rise or drop then you have stop being an investor but being a speculator.

And this quote uses "predict" instead of "plan". The difference being the essence of "time". We are mere humans and yet we have the courage to look into the future. Things that work for an individual the first, the second and the N th doesn't mean it will work for the rest of the humanity. To the speculator who nailed it, revel. Individuals who can't risk it, invest. Nothing right and nothing wrong it is just managing our own "knowledge" and ones own risks.

看山是山,看水是水,看山不是山,看水不是水,看山仍然是山,看水仍然是水。

Post a Comment
Market Buzz