4 people like this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by ykloh 2015-09-11 22:24

youlee

762 posts

Posted by youlee > 2015-09-10 10:09 | Report Abuse

Which reits are the better ones to purchase as of today? Anyone? ks55?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-09-11 17:02 | Report Abuse

Posted by ks55 > Sep 10, 2015 08:54 AM | Report Abuse

kcchongnz -- May I make a small request if you can write something for the benefits of those who are retiring or already retired.

I believe they are really in need of help now as ringgit shrunk so much and still shrinking fast. Inflation like it or not, will be uncontrollable in near future. Hope this new thread will serve a life line for them.

I am retired and already well prepared financially. I believe you too have passed your 60's. I will chip in if necessary. TQ

I did write something for a young person here:

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/77460.jsp

and that also was because he asked me. But for retirees, most of them are so well to do and they probably have much more wealth than me. Some of them have acquired enormous wealth from the share market using their own methods. Am I qualified to tell them how they should manage their finance?

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2015-09-11 18:47 | Report Abuse

@ks55 Sound advice there on REIT. I will indeed put some of my capital inside this 'unexciting' class of shares for my own retirement fund. Especially when I'm eligible to withdraw my EPF savings, which is in the very near future.

But for now, I have to make enough capital first so as to ensure the dividends will be meaningful. Have a lot of catching up to do though. Due to some problems over the past years, including a few that were self-inflicted/failure to quickly mitigate, only now am I able to set towards this goal again.

I have to take more risks than you to achieve my goals. Thanks to some non-crippling losses (plus profits too) over the last few years, valuable lessons were learnt. These were augmented by the various tips and information from several people here - precious insights which have contributed a lot towards investing, trading and protecting one's capital (like this post and the comments).

There are always opportunities in the stock market. Including during the heavy sell-off recently that provided me with what I think is enough safety margin. But I didn't go in fully - must always remember to properly allocate capital and not put everything in just one asset class. Since last month, I had also put some of the capital into currencies - Singapore and Hong Kong dollars - as sort of "small-timer's hedge". Not Forex, which I don't dare to touch, but physical currency. Unexpectedly, there has been some profit from this! It's always good to have some of our capital in cash...and this cash should not be exclusively in ringgit.

ykloh

508 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2015-09-11 22:24 | Report Abuse

kc, the rich retirees may not need your advice but not all retirees are rich. the rank of the poor now includes many who were once not so poor, and those who were poor are now even poorer, and i have no doubt they will appreciate your input.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz