1 person likes this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by somchik 2016-02-10 09:53

Posted by Protectcap > 2015-12-30 21:20 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr Yeo,
you must be then hard working & smart (at your young age) able to do the back test...i heard in one share talk by Singaporean some where about back testing of technical indicator for reliability by Sing Exchange..could not find the article.....you may wish to check it out for sharing or do the back the your self from the soft ware..
..i not so good at IT :(..
Appreciate share the outcome
Thank you.

ffforever

473 posts

Posted by ffforever > 2015-12-30 22:15 | Report Abuse

Interesting study, but I think in practical we might not able to buy at the open price and sell at the close due to high queuing, not even talk about emotional factor.

Posted by talkcockbotakchek888 > 2016-01-18 11:44 | Report Abuse

I think the methodology of your study is a bit flawed because the time period you used is only 1 day. In the short term, stock prices move randomly, due to human emotions and market risks. I think The Edge articles are based on fundamental approach.

If you trade for a living, you should look at technical charts and monitor sentiments towards the broader markets, rather than looking at The Edge articles to form your trading strategy.

somchik

1,221 posts

Posted by somchik > 2016-02-10 09:53 | Report Abuse

ideally the back test should include at the end of T, T+1 till T+4, here would be able to see the short term reaction of the write up among the FA ,TA ,the contra players ,and share price

Post a Comment
Market Buzz