Be the first to like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by Jonathan Keung 2016-05-17 15:10

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2016-05-14 17:26 | Report Abuse

Property is not all that easy as stated...
Buying a house need to pay bank loan interest..6% per annum..insurance and maintenance fee~ 2-3% and inflation 2%-3%..plus other cost like taxes, maintainance etc.terrace house gets old and wear and tear..easily can cost 5 to 10%..so the net increase is not much as there is always holding cost etc.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2016-05-14 17:27 | Report Abuse

Jb is a weekend destination.. monday to friday it is a ghost town...

calvintaneng

53,365 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-05-14 17:40 | Report Abuse

kk123 Jb is a weekend destination.. monday to friday it is a ghost town...
14/05/2016 17:27

Jb not a ghost town lah.

You see, every day 200,000 or more people from Johor enter Spore for work. After 5 pm they all return to Johor.

Between me and my Johor Buddies we have fully rented out more than 100 houses. And there is not enough house for rental now. Demand is far more than supply for single and double storey houses.

moneySIFU

5,848 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-05-14 17:42 | Report Abuse

Beware of buying leasehold property. Many may not know it will be very difficult to get loan to buy property with lease period less than 50 or 40 years.

As it is difficult to get loan, you will technically be unable to sell your property since buyers can't get loan to buy your house, except those who are cash rich. After all, price will drop dramatically since no buyer market.

One more thing, if the leasehold property is about to expire, you will need to pay land premium to extend the title, it may cost RM50k or more.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/articles/investment/how-to-extend-the-lease-for-leasehold-properties/

Freehold property will have no expiry issue as leasehold property has.

moneySIFU

5,848 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-05-14 17:48 | Report Abuse

Even though I am staying at PJ, but saying JB is ghost town is way too unrealistic.

------------------------------
kk123 Jb is a weekend destination.. monday to friday it is a ghost town...
14/05/2016 17:27

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2016-05-15 22:17 | Report Abuse

625psf for taman ering,i better buy at penang times square at 650psf.in the middle of the town.so convenient no need a car also

calvintaneng

53,365 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-05-16 00:20 | Report Abuse

Apollo Ang 625psf for taman ering,i better buy at penang times square at 650psf.in the middle of the town.so convenient no need a car also
15/05/2016 22:17

You must think longer term like 5, 10 or 20 yrs down the road.

Tmn Perling is like Queenstown of Spore.

The First HDB Flat to cross $1 million mark is from Queenstown.

So Tmn Perling will overtake all of KL or Penang longer term

Longer term?

Apollo Ang?

Hmmmm?

The First Rocket that flew all the way to the moon was named Apollo.

So Tmn Perling prices can also fly higher than all others?

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-05-17 09:35 | Report Abuse

between Sri Petaling and Sg Besi ( Salak South/Kuchai ) i believed growth potential and linkages for the latter ( i.e. Sg Besi area ) is better. Sri Petaling growth is fairly prize in whereas Sg Besi ( Salak South ) is the last available freehold land near the city. The close proximity between Bandar Malaysia and the proposed LRT station will benefit the economic development of that area. Last but not the least, Leafz Condo, Midfields, Central Residence, Aquaria, Maju lands are the upcoming developmentys in around Sg Besi area. This is my personal view

Posted by valueinvestor > 2016-05-17 13:30 | Report Abuse

I used to stay in Seri Petaling and my parents still live there. Before investing, consider the following:

(1) Seri Petaling is on leasehold with most existing properties left with only about 60 or 62 years left before expiry. Most banks would not want to finance properties with 50-60 years left on the lease.
(2) The commercial area accessibility is very poor due to bad planning and developer's profit maximization by building lots of shophouses. The traffic jam and parking problem during office hours are really bad.
(3) Most of the houses there are built in the 1970s and 80s. My father's double storey house have termites problems, leaking pipes etc. If you pay RM800-900K for a terrace house, be prepared to fork out at least another RM100K just to make it liveable...

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2016-05-17 15:04 | Report Abuse

never buy properties in hul area. 20-30 years ago people said butterworth going to be develope and there cheaper than penang but until now penang price up 100% there only will rise 10%. always buy what the majority want

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2016-05-17 15:05 | Report Abuse

bank always lelong only bad properties when bad times,very seldom heard good area properties being auction

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-05-17 15:10 | Report Abuse

this reminds me of Rawang in the 70-80 where people was gung go on the development. Kepong was then frown upon as ulu or cowboy area. Look at the connectively before you invest. Whether for your own stay or investment (rental income)avoid those that are too far apart from the urban centres.we still need to work and travel daily from house to office. majority of young people will be renting (too expensive) for them to buy unless they get their help from Mama or Papa. location, location, location is the mantra

Post a Comment
Market Buzz