2 people like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by jayloh 2016-08-01 08:34

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2016-07-30 13:34 | Report Abuse

Target... that 2 concessions

Rozali... will be acting irrationally... if he is buying that 2 subsidiaries... instead of the listed TRIplc

Anyway.. PUNCAK no need to buy 100% the whole... just need to acquire control.... your thought on this jayloh

jayloh

1,126 posts

Posted by jayloh > 2016-07-30 16:53 | Report Abuse

1. triplc is not very big, if own less than 100% (not privatised) doesn't make much sense. it is also tedious to run another listed subsidiary.

2. I also highlighted in the article that a listing shell is useful, not to mention lucrative (to him at least)

3. you assume it's irrational bcos it seems like you own puncak and not triplc shares. rozali's net worth has increased by easily more than RM20m through Triplc in the past 6 months. plus paying a fair price for the 2 subsidiaries doesn't mean he's overpaying (even though the listed Triplc is undervalued now). In any case, he doesn't lose, it's the minorities that are at his mercies.

that's why I say follow him instead of going against him

jayloh

1,126 posts

Posted by jayloh > 2016-07-30 20:07 | Report Abuse

we can only speculate what Rozali has in mind. the fact that he chose to announce the HOA to acquire the biz instead of outright takeover would mean that he is probably leaning towards the first option

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2016-08-01 07:52 | Report Abuse

After the HOA announcement..... Rozali has lost more than 20m over in Puncak side... net net is a big loss

Buying the more expensive... not the listed all in and cheaper... you assume it's not irrational bcos it seems like you own triplc and not puncak shares

paperplane2016

21,625 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-08-01 08:17 | Report Abuse

don't play with shark. got profit take profit and say byebye

jayloh

1,126 posts

Posted by jayloh > 2016-08-01 08:34 | Report Abuse

actually I owned puncak before this but after the HOA, I have switched over to Triplc side. Puncak's issue is more than the HOA, e.g. quarterly losses, lack of earnings visibility, corporate governance discount etc. like I said, if the chinese tycoon usually would be privatise cheap (see YTL-E) and keep it all to themselves but rozali could be different. The prop up in Triplc price by big volume (relative to its own) could be a confirmation sign. Puncak is much high profile than Triplc, so once all the good news for Triplc and bad news for Puncak is over, it would be easier for Puncak price to recover. If not, rozali can always privatise Puncak (with huge discount to cash level). Again, it's an educated guess bcos at the end of the day only insiders know exactly how this is going to play out

Post a Comment
Market Buzz