5 people like this.

10 comment(s). Last comment by nocindycat 2016-09-21 18:48

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2016-09-19 11:35 | Report Abuse

I've reservations readers should consider TTB a pioneer in value investing.
He mis-timed the market, holding surplus cash in his fund for several years,
while the market rallied, and value investors generally made double-digit gains. His methodology seems to be top-down as an economist.

Posted by younginvestor92 > 2016-09-19 12:12 | Report Abuse

if u want find value, please have a look at dufu....extremely undervalued haha

thteh

106 posts

Posted by thteh > 2016-09-19 18:03 | Report Abuse

Hats off to KC for a very good analyzing of TTB evaluation and KC own views. I have confidence and will continue to hold on to my Hevea shares.

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2016-09-19 18:14 | Report Abuse

The real qustion is, is it better than the 'other' furniture company...

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-09-19 23:17 | Report Abuse

I am now not sure about the industry in near future, so I choose to stay side way. Anyhow, it is good article to share with.

TTB is always smart, it is not wrong to recommend to buy for long term if price is below RM0.60.

But it's like recommend to buy Genting for long term if price is below RM4.00.

Actually, it will never be wrong since the chance to get wrong with that price is extremely slim as it is impossible at the moment.

Even at the worse case scenario, TTB can still give another report incorporating latest bad development & recommend further lower entry price, say RM2.00? That's how the business run, right?

Posted by SohaiHamid > 2016-09-20 00:50 | Report Abuse

Hevea is much better investment than Reach Energy Bhd, the SPAC which is going to get booted out from Bursa Malaysia

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-09-20 21:37 | Report Abuse

Posted by moneySIFU > Sep 19, 2016 11:17 PM | Report Abuse
I am now not sure about the industry in near future, so I choose to stay side way. Anyhow, it is good article to share with.
TTB is always smart, it is not wrong to recommend to buy for long term if price is below RM0.60.
But it's like recommend to buy Genting for long term if price is below RM4.00.
Actually, it will never be wrong since the chance to get wrong with that price is extremely slim as it is impossible at the moment.
Even at the worse case scenario, TTB can still give another report incorporating latest bad development & recommend further lower entry price, say RM2.00? That's how the business run, right?

Good comments moneySIFU. Yeah, you don't have to swing at every pitch.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-09-21 13:58 | Report Abuse

Posted by SohaiHamid > Sep 20, 2016 12:50 AM | Report Abuse
Hevea is much better investment than Reach Energy Bhd, the SPAC which is going to get booted out from Bursa Malaysia

There are many reasons SPAC is extremely hard to be successful.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/86227.jsp

You cannot compare a SPAC investment with Hevea.

mamatede

3,950 posts

Posted by mamatede > 2016-09-21 14:30 | Report Abuse

many board manufacturer is having poor demand for their product and reduced quarters, example like Ta ann, evergreen .. will it escalate to price war?

nocindycat

492 posts

Posted by nocindycat > 2016-09-21 18:48 | Report Abuse

TTB is the smartest guy on earth, charge 2.5% management fee and put cash in bank for 3.5%, net net you gain 1%,he gain 2.5% for doing nothing, TAN TENG BOO, THE BEST SELF INVESTOR ON EARTH!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz