15 people like this.

28 comment(s). Last comment by TheContrarian 2017-01-10 19:26

Posted by Edwardong53 > 2017-01-07 17:06 | Report Abuse

Calvin, interesting and realistic piece of advice of past mistakes many had been drown in the stock market. Although some may disregard of your posting due to some of your disappointed "Recommended stocks to buy" and lost money; I guessed nothing is always a SURE WIN and one has to rely on own decision before accepting others'views.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-01-07 17:32 | Report Abuse

it is a good sharing of his experience for our cautious.

sell

2,429 posts

Posted by sell > 2017-01-07 18:13 | Report Abuse

So the portfolio below is a cheat? Takashi Sorimachi's effort damn a waste.
http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/71329.jsp

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2017-01-07 18:27 | Report Abuse

An Old man's living experience is worth a million. Hmm.. just short of offering solutions and clearer guidance
Thank you very much for your sharing, Calvin. Appreciate !!

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-07 19:45 | Report Abuse

Good evening,

Calvin is surprised! Over 700 views and 3 clicked "likes" in this quiet afternoon.

Edwardong53

If all have followed closely all Calvin's buy calls - 4 stocks made 200% & 7 stocks made 100%

Cheoky

Yes, always buy low & be very defensive

SALAM

Peace be unto you!!

saydon

215 posts

Posted by saydon > 2017-01-07 21:19 | Report Abuse

Good one..

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 21:44 | Report Abuse

U invest 3% of your capital but u ask ppl buy bpuri, bjcorp, opcom, dutaland, drb

Dont tell me you have 3 million in hand x 3% = 90k??

I estimate you the most have 500k (already give face to you high expectation on you)...500k x 3% = 15k

So, your 15k spread to above 5 counters = 3k per stock

U buy DRB at 1.20 mean u hold less than 3 lots of DRB?? Hahahahahaha...if u recall correctly, u dont know what is your average price of DRB as you outsource external trader to help u sapu at below rm1...

So...all your story only with 1 conclusion...you are telling lie and you are the biggest con man in i3

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 21:48 | Report Abuse

And if add all your holland stock that u stuck years ago i.e alam, perisai, kbunai, mulpha, mpcorp, mui, pmcorp if add to above stock

How to buy so many stock with 15k?? Mean maybe u only buy 100 units each

Calvin, I think all your follower need you to explain on this!!

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2017-01-07 22:07 | Report Abuse

good write up calvin, and your cautious call on the stock that you used to call buy really walk the talk of your investment rule. this remind me of coldeye. this act certainty deserved thumb up.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 22:13 | Report Abuse

U invest 3% of your capital but u ask ppl buy bpuri, bjcorp, opcom, dutaland, drb

Dont tell me you have 3 million in hand x 3% = 90k??

I estimate you the most have 500k (already give face to you high expectation on you)...500k x 3% = 15k

So, your 15k spread to above 5 counters = 3k per stock

U buy DRB at 1.20 mean u hold less than 3 lots of DRB?? Hahahahahaha...if u recall correctly, u dont know what is your average price of DRB as you outsource external trader to help u sapu at below rm1...

So...all your story only with 1 conclusion...you are telling lie and you are the biggest con man in i3

And if add all your holland stock that u stuck years ago i.e alam, perisai, kbunai, mulpha, mpcorp, mui, pmcorp if add to above stock

How to buy so many stock with 15k?? Mean maybe u only buy 100 units each

Calvin conman, I think all your follower need you to explain on this!!

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-07 22:18 | Report Abuse

Hahaha!

John Lu @ koonbee,

The problem with you is you think too highly of yourself. As for Calvin I won't blow my trumpet as to my net worth.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 22:36 | Report Abuse

LOL...joker and con man of calvin...big liar

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 22:45 | Report Abuse

Haha...this Calvin talk only, he never buy a stock...I suspect he has serious mental problem

3% invest in stock??

How much he invested??

1)If he has 100k x 3% = 3k
2)If he has 1 mil × 3% = 30k
3)If he has 2 mil x 3% = 60k
4)If he has 3 mil x 3% = 90k
5)If he has 5 mil x 3% = 150k
6)If he has 10 mil x 3% = 300k

U believe Calvin have 5 mil or 10 mil??

If he have 3 mil mean he only invest 90k in stock

He ask buying more than 10 stock mean 90k/10 = 9k per stock only

His cost of drb 1.20 mean he has less than 8 lot drb...hahahahahahaha

This joker is a conman

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 22:55 | Report Abuse

This Calvin need to find another story to cover his 3% story...die liao die liao

All his follower follow him blindly need his explaination.

Calvin dare to explain?? Give the fact and proof...dont write your grand mother story

rainbowyen

363 posts

Posted by rainbowyen > 2017-01-07 23:01 | Report Abuse

calvin, keep it up.....hope to see more posting from you.....

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2017-01-07 23:14 | Report Abuse

Calvin just want to share how he make money but then lose it back to market... It is nothing wrong to share his Holland experience to public.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 23:20 | Report Abuse

I suspect one of Calvin friend which run road is Calvin himself

No wonder now Calvin have mental problem he live in his fantasea world

He keep imagine he buy and earn alot in share but the reality is he now ald bankrupt and owe bank rm5 mil

Pity him...hopes he can recover fast to become a normal person

Amitofo...i help pray for him

rainbowyen

363 posts

Posted by rainbowyen > 2017-01-07 23:23 | Report Abuse

don't blame the sifu because some sifu also very idiot people....learn to be smarter and gain wisdom/knowledge along the way...calvin is right...sharing experiences only with public.....

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-07 23:24 | Report Abuse

Calvin...dont give up life...life is short...enjoy

I am Ok if you keep imagine u hit 100% for all the counter u pick...hopes u recover well from mental problem...we all in i3 all support you hopes u wont go into Tanjong rambutan again

Take care. Hopes bank will stop chase your 5 mil debt

Hopes loan shark wont read this i3 and throw red paint your house...anyway, i believe you dont owe a house as u already bankrupt...nevermind, i force myself to trust u have alot properties

Haiz...the car dealer that went bankrupt really is Calvin...so pity this poor Calvin...rip

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-08 10:22 | Report Abuse

A very good morning on this Blessed LORD's Day. Thank you. Thank you. 13 fellow forum members clicked "likes".

Now I would like to share thoughts from my 2nd Johor sifu.

My first Johor sifu is in Share and stock investment.

However, my 2nd Johor sifu, Tan Pao, is a lousy stock picker. But he is an expert in Johor property investment. Tan Pao is called the Landlord of Kota Masai as he owned 200 properties here (houses, shops, apartments and condos).

This is what he said.

There are 3 kinds of "rich" people.

1. The rich but "yet not rich enough" people.
This group of rich people might have a little riches. But not rich enough yet. So they try to project themselves at every opportunity. This shows that they have low self esteem. They want attention to boost their ego.

2. Truly Rich people who always try to keep a low profile. So they don't want people to know that they are rich.

This apllies to both my 2 Johor Sifu.

Both dressed very simply.

They wear short pants
They wear slippers
They wear cheap pasar malam T shirts

The image they project will not attract any attention. They are not bothered with what people think of them. They are accountable to no one as they are their own bosses. But they are both expert in making monies in their own expertise. And they are both very very rich.

So there are those who are slightly rich but afraid that others don't know. So they find every opportunity to boost their ego by telling others. They have inferrior complex.

And there are those who are truly rich who conceal their riches from public eyes. They keep to themselves in low profile

3. The 3rd type of very rich people are so well known and recognised that there is really no where to hide. People like Robert Kuok, Li Ka Shing, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Sultan of Brunei, Sultan of Johor and other famously rich people are always in the limelight wherever they go.

As today is LORD's Day

Please read www.chick.com

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-08 11:29 | Report Abuse

Hi guys,

Just came across a nice devotional translation from The Amplified Bible

Here is Genesis chapter 1

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=AMP

steve_usa

433 posts

Posted by steve_usa > 2017-01-08 11:43 | Report Abuse

@calvintanebg, just too bad you chicken out to compete in stock pick 2017 competition, otherwise you have more bullets to defend yourself. who else to blame except yourself. a very good platform for you to demonstrate your stock selection skills but you choose to ignore. Whatever you talks or write has no substances since you prefer to allow others thinking you are empty with no or limited fund in your bank account. :-( God blesses you with your own digging big talks!

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-01-08 11:50 | Report Abuse

Calvin...RIP

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-08 12:26 | Report Abuse

steve_usa @calvintanebg, just too bad you chicken out to compete in stock pick 2017 competition, otherwise you have more bullets to defend yourself. who else to blame except yourself. a very good platform for you to demonstrate your stock selection skills but you choose to ignore. Whatever you talks or write has no substances since you prefer to allow others thinking you are empty with no or limited fund in your bank account. :-( God blesses you with your own digging big talks!
08/01/2017 11:43

Calvin replies:

Credible or not credible is quite subjective.

You see, Calvin's stock picks are all with strong FA. Some purely FA without TA at all.

Kulim was a down trending stock at Rm2.50 when I called for a buy. It was not popular at all. Then JCorp suddenly took Kulim private at Rm4.10 for a 60% upside gain. The next 2 quarter results showed that Kulim actually reported losses.

So although Kulim is not popular those who dare to buy Kulim when value emerges have done well.

Another stock is TheStore. It is showing lackluster performance for 3 years. Then TheStore was taken private for a nice 54% upside or 18% gain a year.

So all Calvin's picks are of Deep Value. In these 3 years 4 stocks hit 200% & 7 stocks hit 100% (latest is Prestar).

In any case I have compiled some short term & longer term picks here:

Takashi Sorimachi's Portfolio: Calvintaneng - Highly Recommended Stock - Dec 2016 Portfolio
Jan 3, 2017 08:52 PM | Report Abuse

Takashi Sorimachi

Here are my Stock Picks for Year 2017

1) BJ CORP (20%)
2) OPCOM (20%)
3) PBA (20%)
4) DUTALAND (20%)
5) BPURI (20%)

I only picked these above 5 for the Contest only.

These are for Longer Duration of more than 1 year

6) DRB-HICOM (Election GE14 by Year 2018 April)
7) BPLANT (El Nino & La Nina Till 2018) & all other plantation stocks
8) THPLANT (El Nino and La Nina Till 2018) & all other plantation stks
9) CBIP-Warrant (El Nino & La Nia Till 2018)
10) HTPADU (RM580 Million revenue translates to high dividend)
11) MRCB (Election GE14 by Year 2018 April)

These are for 10 year holding

12) Pm Corp (Can hold forever.)
13) Mp Corp (only for those with heart of steel)
14) Mulpha (By 2026 MRT Station in Gerbang Nusajaya)
15) UEMS (Same as Mulpha)
16) KBunai (Till Pan Borneo Highway reaches Sabah 10 yrs)
17) Other stocks not mentioned with High NTA & selling at rock bottom prices. Too many to list here.

Good luck to all

Regards,
Calvin

speakup

25,079 posts

Posted by speakup > 2017-01-08 14:22 | Report Abuse

when every analysts say market will crash .... it will up! because we retailers are smart, we will BUY when we read NEGATIVE DOOMS-SAY reports.

Hercules

102 posts

Posted by Hercules > 2017-01-08 16:17 | Report Abuse

Haha as espected this chicken, after sharing some thoughts to gain newbies trust then the next step would advertise his holland stocks. My advice to all the newbies at I3, please don't judge or follow the recommendation of a writer from a piece of blog as this. Pls do some homework to read thru what their action in this forum or their comments and recommendation at least past 1 year.

Posted by Unicorn_park > 2017-01-08 16:59 | Report Abuse

TY very much Calvin for providing your invaluable life experience to us here. As I'm just a 20sth guy without any real world crisis experience, your article meant a lot to me! I feel so blessful to be able to learn great mistakes from the past. I will always try to put myself in the 97/98 stock market situation for my current stock investing now.

TheContrarian

8,657 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2017-01-10 19:26 | Report Abuse

DO NOT TOUCH KBUNAI! IT'S GOING TO BE DELISTED!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz