Be the first to like this.

24 comment(s). Last comment by i4investor 2017-01-17 21:58

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-17 12:24 | Report Abuse

Singapore has also opened Sentosa Island for foreign investors. None of them give any trouble to Singapore.

In fact these high net worth investors have contributed to a higher standard of living for all Singaporeans.

China nationals who are diligent, intelligent and hardworking are a blessing to Iskandar.

Chinese all over the world are peaceful people.

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2017-01-17 12:25 | Report Abuse

There's no right of citizenship for 2nd or even 3rd generation. It's for the govt to grant or not, its absolute right.
They'll be here or not for their holiday homes or investment properties only. Just because you buy a house in UK or Aust doesn't give citizenship to your 2nd generation.
Blue ICs for 1st generation and bumi status for 2nd generation are for muslims only.
Dr M should know better, he's showing his old colours.

ronnietan

141 posts

Posted by ronnietan > 2017-01-17 12:47 | Report Abuse

Those were 1957 independence terms.
For those in Forest City, assuming they'll even live there, they can apply after 10 years, but it's still not a right. I see in the papers many Indians have been here 50 years, they still can't get blue IC.
As for half a century, who'll wait for that? And even then, Msia can refuse to grant.
Filipino maids in HK sued the govt for citizenship because they worked in HK for so long. The court ruled there's no right. Its the sovereign right of govt.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 13:24 | Report Abuse

Looking at the 2 arguement, i think, i prefer & favor HRM arguement loh...!!
Msia, need foreign investment loh, if Chinese want to invest...just be it loh...!! No need talk about China will takeover msia loh...!!

These people buy properties, they need to pay quit rent, assessment etc every year loh....!!
They pay living expenses if they stay in msia and top of that service their loan...u think they play play meh ?

If so panlai, go and get Jap, arabs, europeans to buy loh....!!
But they are not interested loh....!!

Without China investment Rm will be Rm 6.60 v USD 1.00 loh...!!
Please do not insult your friends loh....!!

They are your true friends in time of trouble loh...!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 13:36 | Report Abuse

Don talk so big of msia citizen...of so valuable...that rich chinese from china so hard up loh....!!

If not msia, they can go Australia, New Zealand, UK, Spore, Thailand...not necessary msia mah.....!!

Just think positively , what these people can contribute to malaysia mah.....!! Beside consumption also brain power and financial muscle loh....!!

Don forget, Mahathir sell very cheap Msia.....with his Sabah project IC for people not even stay more 3 years grant citizenship loh, but Johor is a long term loh....people stay...10 years not even entitle for PR....and for 30 to 40 years not even entitle for citizenship loh....!!

U see how Msia treat the China chinese compare with the rest loh ?
It is an obvious discrimination agst Chinese loh....!!
But still the Chinese willing to invest, don tarik harga loh...!!

Posted by semperamaris > 2017-01-17 13:46 | Report Abuse

mr calvin.. If chinese china generally are peaceful.. Would you care to explain the artifical islands built on our sea.. The island is equipped with anti aircraft and anti missiles.. Not to mention this island is an army base.. It just few kilometers away from sabah..

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 13:56 | Report Abuse

The island build is by China Govt mah....!! Generally chinese people are peaceful loh....! U got see them suicide & kill innocent people or not ?

The chinese govt do it reclaim the island for revenge bcos USA and Japan sapu the chinese Island of Daiyou without returning mah....!!

So china, now smart loh....now occupy the new island 1st b4 too late loh....!!

Posted by semperamaris > 2017-01-17 14:03 | Report Abuse

china govt is china people..Yes, they are famous for gangster..

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-17 14:09 | Report Abuse

Where got China gangster govt? Look into all history and SEE!

600 years ago Admiral Zheng He already captured Malaya if China wanted to. Instead they seek peaceful trading of China silk, tea & porcelain.

They even sent China girls to marry Malays in Melaka - where nonya/baba originated!

Zheng He (1371–1433 or 1435), formerly romanized as Cheng Ho, was a Hui court eunuch, mariner, explorer, diplomat, and fleet admiral during China's early Ming dynasty. Born Ma He, Zheng commanded expeditionary voyages to Southeast Asia, South Asia, Western Asia, and East Africa from 1405 to 1433. His larger ships stretched 120 meters in length (Columbus's Santa Maria, for comparison, was 26 meters). These carried hundreds of sailors on four tiers of decks.[2]

As a favorite of the Yongle Emperor, whose usurpation he assisted, he rose to the top of the imperial hierarchy and served as commander of the southern capital Nanjing (the capital was later moved to Beijing by the Yongle Emperor). These voyages were long neglected in official Chinese histories but have become well known in China and abroad since the publication of Liang Qichao's Biography of Our Homeland's Great Navigator, Zheng He[3] in 1904.[4] A trilingual stele left by the navigator was discovered on the island of Sri Lanka shortly thereafter

Posted by semperamaris > 2017-01-17 14:10 | Report Abuse

why dont they reclaim usa or japan islands instead.. Why our offshore.. We dont hv any war history with them.. do u realise, these unstability could wage wars.. by that time could u still sleep, thinking their warships are just outside our door..
u r smart, u might want to answer running to other country.. then ur loyalty is nothing to be proud of..

xinanfen

26 posts

Posted by xinanfen > 2017-01-17 14:10 | Report Abuse

semperamaris, pls discuss in proper manner...thanks...

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-01-17 14:19 | Report Abuse

Don't worry if China wants to secure South China Sea Islands.

They have not sent bombs to Malaysia like the Japanese during 2nd WW. Instead China has sent Billions of Ringgit Investments into Malaysia.

Do you think they want their monies to go up in a puff of smoke?

If you visit Melaka Museum you will find that Melaka was first colonised by the prince from Indonesia.

Then came the Portugese, the Dutch & later the British. And Finally the Japanese in 1942.

Never once was Melaka colonised by China

See

Colonial era[edit]
See also: Portuguese Malacca, Dutch Malacca, Straits Settlement, and Crown Colony of Malacca

1630 map of the Portuguese fort and the city of Malacca
In April 1511, Alfonso de Albuquerque set sail from Goa to Malacca with a force of some 1200 men and seventeen or eighteen ships.[8] They conquered the city on 24 August 1511. After seizing the city Afonso de Albuquerque spared the Hindu, Chinese and Burmese inhabitants but had the Muslim inhabitants massacred or sold into slavery.[9]

It soon became clear that Portuguese control of Malacca did not also mean they controlled Asian trade centred there. Their Malaccan rule was severely hampered by administrative and economic difficulties.[10] Rather than achieving their ambition of dominating Asian trade, the Portuguese had disrupted the organisation of the network. The centralised port of exchange of Asian wealth had now gone, as was a Malay state to police the Straits of Malacca that made it safe for commercial traffic. Trade was now scattered over a number of ports among bitter warfare in the Straits.[10]

Dutch Malacca, c. 1750
The Jesuit missionary Francis Xavier spent several months in Malacca in 1545, 1546, and 1549. The Dutch launched several attacks on the Portuguese colony during the first four decades of the seventeenth century. The first attack took place in 1606 under the command of Dutch Admiral Cornelis Matelief de Jonge who laid siege to the town with the help of his Johor allies. He engaged the Portuguese armada which had been sent from Goa to offer armed relief to the besieged port.[11] In 1641, the Dutch defeated the Portuguese in an effort to capture Malacca, with the help of the Sultan of Johore.[12] The Dutch ruled Malacca from 1641 to 1798 but they were not interested in developing it as a trading centre, placing greater importance to Batavia (Jakarta) on Java as their administrative centre. However they still built their landmark, better known as the Stadthuys or Red Building.

Malacca River 1907, Church of St. Francis Xavier in the background
Malacca was ceded to the British in the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824 in exchange for Bencoolen on Sumatra. From 1826 to 1946, Malacca was under the rule of the British, first by the British East India Company and then as a Crown Colony. Due to the dissactisfaction with the British's jurisdiction over Naning, Dol Said, a local chief and the East India Company had a war from 1831 to 1832, which resulted a decisive British victory. It formed part of the Straits Settlements, together with Singapore and Penang. Malacca went briefly under the rule of Empire of Japan in 1942-1945 during World War II.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 14:21 | Report Abuse

Correct loh...China is a peace loving country loh....!!
Some more they just invest & do business, they don like war mah...!!

Posted by semperamaris > 2017-01-17 14:42 | Report Abuse

Ur history knowledge is indeed remarkable..
Praise to that..
However could u pls shows us any evidence, article stating on the true purpose of these multibilions islands built over here.. Considering their closest war records should be on others country.. If u dont mind, pls show an article stating they aren't interested on the energy rich value offshore..
Thanks..

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 15:18 | Report Abuse

China is savior to malaysia loh...!!

xinanfen

26 posts

Posted by xinanfen > 2017-01-17 17:37 | Report Abuse

....building of those islands were accerelated after MH370.... > 150 chinese disappear....and MAS sufferred financial loss...the facility is for safety...therefore Duterte just declined missle from Abe...Japs themself takut, want South East Asia to go first, they hide behind...but Duterte is not stupid mah...if stupid one already kena con...however many stupid one will kena con...

Philippines President declined missile offer from Japan
http://www.manilalivewire.com/2017/01/philippines-president-declined-missile-offer-from-japan/

gohkimhock

2,948 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2017-01-17 18:44 | Report Abuse

Mahathir the 老魔頭 is forever hating the Chinese. Never changed.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-01-17 21:34 | Report Abuse

Selling Reclaimed Johor Land is Good for the Economy - Koon Yew Yin

Author: Koon Yew Yin | Publish date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017, 06:08 PM

A few months before the end of last year, I wrote on the state of the economy in an article chiefly directed at market investors and the business community. In my article I touched on the Chinese investment wave and noted that this was a most important partnership emerging between Malaysia and China which would boost our nation's economic fortunes. I followed up this with another on "The China X Factor in Malaysia's Future"

In my second article, I noted that the Chinese are investing here for their own benefit and not out of charity. I wrote:

Let’s make no mistake. This is not about PM Najib’s, Malaysia’s or Malaysian Chinese’s interests that China is making these deals. China will be the X factor in Malaysia’s development in any transformation programme for our nation. If we want to make it a win-win deal, we have to work to pursue our national advantage.

I had also written:

The most important thing we can learn from the Chinese example, is that we have to free the creative enterprise and spirit of the people, especially the young.

No freebies – just hard work, a no-nonsense, fair and competent government, and incorruptibility which was high on the governance agenda, has made China the power to respect throughout the world and in Malaysia.

But there is also a lot wrong in China now that mainland Chinese are trying to eradicate. Let us learn from that too.

I had hoped that our leaders would take my advice in the right spirit.

Imagine my shock then to see that Dr. Mahathir has chosen to focus on the subject of Chinese investment and to use it as a political football in his effort to bring down the Najib government.

TATOWER

365 posts

Posted by TATOWER > 2017-01-17 21:40 | Report Abuse

semperamarks,dont talk rubbish.

TATOWER

365 posts

Posted by TATOWER > 2017-01-17 21:47 | Report Abuse

Bloomberg is American running dog. whoever got money can buy condom there including Mahathir and family.

izoklse

5,206 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2017-01-17 21:58 | Report Abuse

Maha Firaun = Mahathir = Mukhriz = Muhyidin = Lim Guan Eng = Lim Kit Siang = The biggest corrupt and low life people in the country.

i4investor

2,797 posts

Posted by i4investor > 2017-01-17 21:58 | Report Abuse

Same principle...We need earth, but earth don't need us

Post a Comment
Market Buzz