3 people like this.

43 comment(s). Last comment by Patron 2017-07-24 09:57

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-22 22:34 | Report Abuse

ya be like Calvin. buy 100 stocks and 1 lot each. that's why ur portfolio return is 1.2%

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-07-22 22:35 | Report Abuse

Haha...buy 1 lot for 100 counter...sochai calvin

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-07-22 22:39 | Report Abuse

It is hilarious that there are two posts by Stocknanny encouraging newbies to sailang everything, next to this post that warn against sailang everything. Hahaha.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-22 22:49 | Report Abuse

Manmy is a dick but he has got his points. Whereas this Calvin talks craps all day and rank at bottom 10.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-22 23:05 | Report Abuse

See how George Soros lost US$1 billion betting against Trump

http://fortune.com/2017/01/13/george-soros-donald-trump-stocks/

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-22 23:09 | Report Abuse

That's why I said you pussies cannot make money in stock market. It's called calculated bet. Risk and reward are symmetric. It's two sided. You look at accounting book only look at credit side don't look at debit side arh? Learn to accept the risk and make your bet accordingly. That's why you pussy only make 1.2% return in this bull market. Can't imagine your return during bear market.

Alex Foo

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex Foo > 2017-07-23 10:00 | Report Abuse

Thank you Calvin. It's a painful lessons for us to learn. In an optimistic situation one is always tempted to go for the best bets, and it's indeed true that nothing is truly certain.

I actually relooked the verse in NKJV and found that the words is 'serving', but i think i got the point. Thanks again.

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-07-23 10:51 | Report Abuse

if bought stocks like kwantas,harnlen how to sell when that happen? volumeless and purposely they will dump 100 share to limit down price.i saw that many times already.if u think this event gonna happen,at this time must avoid those volumeless stocks.in the event of a crash if u trade in a speculative stock u can simply cut losses,but if u hold on to a volumeless stock u can stuck for years

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 11:17 | Report Abuse

Alex Foo Thank you Calvin. It's a painful lessons for us to learn. In an optimistic situation one is always tempted to go for the best bets, and it's indeed true that nothing is truly certain.

I actually relooked the verse in NKJV and found that the words is 'serving', but i think i got the point. Thanks again.
23/07/2017 10:00

Yes, I like NKJV. But I only read the old KJV 1,611 Ed by King James.
From time to time I also read other translations. And I have more than 10 translations including the Hebrew Old Testament & the Greek New Testament.

For a few years I read Greek-English Interlinear NT. Lots of insight there.

Everyday we should read these 3 books

1) Book of Psalms by King David
2) Book of Proverbs by King Solomon
3) Acts of the Apostles

Book of Psalm was written by King David - a man after God's own heart. There are 150 chapters in Psalm. If you read a chapter a day it will take 5 months to complete.

Proverbs was written by King Solomon - the wisest man on earth because God gave him WISDOM as Solomon asked of God.
This is reflected in the Great Wisdom and Knowledge of the Jewish Race.
There are many Scientists and intelligent people from the Jews. Einstein invested the atom bomb. Today Israel is pioneering driverless car technology.

And Israeli improved on the F16 US Fighter planes and made them superior.

Proverbs has 31 chapters and you can complete it in just one month. I think I have read Proverbs more than 50 times by now.

Acts of the Apostles has 28 chapters. This Book showed the great success of Christianity as it spread westward from Jerusalem to Rome against intense opposition.

Now coming back to Ecclesiastes 11:2

These are some other translations from the Original Hebrew

New International Version
Invest in seven ventures, yes, in eight; you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.

New Living Translation
But divide your investments among many places, for you do not know what risks might lie ahead.

English Standard Version
Give a portion to seven, or even to eight, for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.

New American Standard Bible
Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.

King James Bible
Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.

TrippleZ

1,563 posts

Posted by TrippleZ > 2017-07-23 11:21 | Report Abuse

Diversification is good. But one need a big winning before diversify investment. Diversification is only meaningful for investors with fund above 1milion.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 11:23 | Report Abuse

You know you're an idiot when you seek for divine advise in investment.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 11:26 | Report Abuse

Posted by apolloang > Jul 23, 2017 10:51 AM | Report Abuse

if bought stocks like kwantas,harnlen how to sell when that happen? volumeless and purposely they will dump 100 share to limit down price.i saw that many times already.if u think this event gonna happen,at this time must avoid those volumeless stocks.in the event of a crash if u trade in a speculative stock u can simply cut losses,but if u hold on to a volumeless stock u can stuck for years

That's why you must diversify your stock purchase

Peter Lynch said if you buy 10 stocks & if 6 are winners you should do ok

As for kwantas & harnlern both have very deep asset value & oil palms

These 2 cyclicals also give some dividends. Dr. Neoh of Dynaquest owned Harnlern for 3 to 4 years before disposing them.

And with the upturn of CPO export last 2 quarters the results of August & November months should be good.

So this is the time to add more undervalue Oil Palm stocks

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-23 11:33 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-23 12:56 |

Post removed.Why?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-07-23 12:58 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-07-23 13:01 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2017-07-23 14:49 | Report Abuse

the proper way to diversify is to look for shares with negative co relationships.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2017-07-23 14:52 | Report Abuse

at the end of the day...diversifying is no different to diworsifying., producing below average returns and nothing to gain when crisis hits because all asset classes down.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 15:11 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 23, 2017 02:52 PM | Report Abuse

at the end of the day...diversifying is no different to diworsifying., producing below average returns and nothing to gain when crisis hits because all asset classes down.

In a way all Asset classes will go down.

Some will crash by up to 90% or even close shop.

But there are defensive recession proof equities which are not so affected like utilities which John Maynard Keynes bought into

This was mentioned in the book - KEYNES WAY TO WEALTH. It described how Keynes survived and came out of the Great Depression years still ok.

In fact there are certain businesses that did even better in bad times

1) Lawyers doing receiver sales or bankruptcy cases. More business of this type emerged in very bad times

2) Repo Car Yards & Auction Car Companies like Too Warehouse, KSL Warehouse G-Mart Warehouse & other Car Repo yards are stocked to the full with repossessed vehicles.

3) Dollar Shops in USA and 100 Yen shops in Japan. As times get worse more people look for value & bargain goods. Another example is walmart & IKEA in good or bad times

4) Repair shops that mend clothes or mend shoes. Last time in 1985-1987 when recession caused by crash of tin and rubber market I saw battery repair shops doing well (in those times your car batteries could be repaired piecemeal. And also the car tire retreading business. More people downgrade to using retread tires

5) 2nd hand flea market selling Used Goods also thrived. Even in good times IKEA Founder Ingvar Kamprad used to buy 2nd hand clothes from flea markets

So there are businesses that do well in bad times. So we should diversify into these recession proof businesses

I have already picked 2

1) PBA - This water company in Penang has 7 reservoirs - and I have visited most of them. My favorite was the Ayer Itam Dam which I have visited more than 50 times.

I have also visited the 2 Fish Eye Pool dams in Fettes Park. Out of bound to others but I got permission to see it with a Church Group.

2) OPCOM
Opcom is both isolated & insulated. This is a hidden gem

asd3

4 posts

Posted by asd3 > 2017-07-23 15:18 |

Post removed.Why?

stncws

10,261 posts

Posted by stncws > 2017-07-23 15:20 | Report Abuse

stockraider aka mr u turn... tomorrow he will condem calvin, !!!

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 15:27 | Report Abuse

For PBA & Opcom even if Dow Jones suddenly crash by 3,000 points I don't think both will go down much.

In year 2007/8 just before Lehman Brothers' crisis hit I sold all my 130 counters except one -- OPCOM

And I kept adding Opcom shares all the way down till year 2009/10

And I was correct. At its lowest Opcom was selling at 27 sen to 30 sen

Next one or two years later OPCOM gave a special dividend of 22.5 sen. Then followed by another 11 sen later.

So the total CASH payout is more than the share price.

All who followed Calvin were extremely happy - including the MayBank Boss who translated this post from English to Chinese for us

Below is the Opcom dividends:

03-Sep-2012 14-Sep-2012 DIVIDEND Special Dividend RM 0.11 Dividend Detail
12-Apr-2012 25-Apr-2012 DIVIDEND Interim Dividend RM 0.015 Dividend Detail
29-Aug-2011 14-Sep-2011 DIVIDEND Special Dividend RM 0.225 Dividend Detail

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 15:30 | Report Abuse

Posted by stncws > Jul 23, 2017 03:20 PM | Report Abuse

stockraider aka mr u turn... tomorrow he will condem calvin, !!!

You are wrong!

GREAT RAIDER is Calvin's good friend.

STOCKRAIDER IS ONE GREAT SIFU YOU GUYS MUST EMULATE

CanCan168

65 posts

Posted by CanCan168 > 2017-07-23 15:33 | Report Abuse

Calvin...my english not so good...so what are u trying to tell us....keep collecting opcom though ay this moment , it is like dead wood!

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 15:38 | Report Abuse

Posted by CanCan168 > Jul 23, 2017 03:33 PM | Report Abuse

Calvin...my english not so good...so what are u trying to tell us....keep collecting opcom though ay this moment , it is like dead wood!

Calvin recommended OPCOM & HTPADU Side by Side

Both expected to do well

Htpadu received Rm580 millions Job award but got high debt
Opcom received Rm300 millions with little debt but got surplus Cash position of 20 sen a share

Both Opcom & Htpadu were traded around 55 sen to 60 then

Htpadu declared a 5 sen dividend first. And HtPadu price shot up to over 90 sen

Opcom share price still in in 55 sen to 60 sen price range.

So compared to Htpadu Opcom is now a sure buy.

Just buy a little every week or every month till Special Dividend is announced. Then Opcom share price will fly up to match or even beat Htpadu.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 15:54 | Report Abuse

ahaha sohai write so wrong in the end of the day he is promoting his own stocks again

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 17:38 | Report Abuse

Promoting own stocks?
Why not?
If good stocks are not recommended bad stocks will be.

What happened to so many sorchai who chased ifca at rm1.80, xox at 50 sen, vsolar at 50 sen, sumatech at 70 sen?

And see so others who followed Calvin buy Wangzheng at 75 sen, Prestar at 46 sen, Insas at 65 sen, Drb at 92 sen, Mj Perak at 32 sen?

They are laughing all the way to the banks

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 17:44 | Report Abuse

Calvin thinks syndicates is using patron id to cause trouble. Your bad karma will come back to haunt you. Because you will reap what you sow

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 18:19 | Report Abuse

How about your only real time traceable i3 portfolio which yield 1.2% return in this bull market?? And not to mention shitty stocks u recommended like perisai, parkson, bjcorp and etc. keep quiet and pretending you never recommend before?? Still dare to talk bad karma to me. Phui.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 18:20 | Report Abuse

After transaction cost ur return is negative. Wtf. Talk cock u pandai.

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 20:25 | Report Abuse

What?
Are you so blind to know this.

The maximum total loss in one stock is 100% if delisted and gone bankrupt like transmile, patimas, saag, maemode, kenmark or megan media.

So far has perisai, mp corp, or any other gone bankrupt or total loss.

Why can't you count the stocks that have gone up

1. Jaks up 300%. It will take 3 counters to go bankrupt to even out the gain from Jaks alone!!

2. Super Enterprize, Prestar or Pre- Star(buy before it turns into a Star) Pohuat, Silk, Insas wr, Drb C30 all up 200% each.

3. And SO MANY UP 100% like Pworth, Supermax, Jerasia, Ajiya, Asb, Tawin, Skbshutters, MyEG, Padini, Ipmuda, Notion, Pm Corp, Mui Bhd, Azrb(A to Z bhd) Wangzheng, Masteel, Dnex, Mfcb, Insas, Drb, Majulah Perak, Pos and Maybulk and Nylex and RceCap the legalized ah long.

And scores more between 20% to 80% gain like kpscb, ntpm, kimlun the golden dragon, jtiasa, kheesan, Htpadu, ssteel, Mudajaya, Econpile, FacbInd, Harison, mahsing, mphbcap, ntpm, weida, Waseong and others.

These stocks have been taken private

a) Super Enterprize
b) Kulim
c) Tmakmur
d) TheStore
e) Wangzheng (this one reject for being too cheap

OPEN YOUR EYES WIDE WIDE AND SEE!

ALL THE RESULTS ARE THERE. COULD YOU DISPROOF ANY. DISPUTE ANY?

AND SHOW ME JUST ONE STOCK GONE BANKRUPT IF ANY?

ONLY THE BLIND CANNOT SEE.

OR THE ONES LIKE PATRON WITH BRAIN DAMAGE!!!

YOU BETTER GO SEE A DOCTOR!

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 21:13 | Report Abuse

Heheheh as always this joker pusing again. Talk cock with zero proofs and the only traceable portfolio have negative return after transaction. Luckily it can be traced so you naked bastard can't pusing with this.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 21:15 | Report Abuse

Calvin is good at pusing. Only talks craps with zero proofs. The only proof which is traceable i3 portfolio speaks everything. Talk cock number 1 But in real life just a low life Singaporean staying at HDB and trying to con Malaysians.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 21:18 | Report Abuse

Preaching diversification but asking ppl to buy shitty low liquidity penny stocks. Easier for u to pump and dump?

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 23:10 | Report Abuse

Hahaha!

Let patron SEE this

On December 16th 2014 Calvin called for a buy on Jaks at only 40 sen.

Posted by calvintaneng > Dec 16, 2014 03:00 PM | Report Abuse X

Whoa!

Top boss bought at 44 cents and above, millions of them. Anything below 40 cents is a bargain!

So don't wait or else Jaks jump Jump JUMP Up And Away!

And Jaks jumped to a high of Rm1.60 (Up 300%)

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 23:13 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

53,314 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-23 23:15 | Report Abuse

And Super Enterprize also made 200%

Calvin's stock taken private

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/ta/8656.jsp

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-07-23 23:17 | Report Abuse

I won't buy volumeless stocks. only those who bought a bit can do that. if one who bought 100,000 units of kwantas at over 1.65,if a sudden market downturn down till below 1.30 what to do? scratch head ar? I have experience all this. to avoid a crash don't buy volumeless stocks.volumeless stocks only can be accumulate duing uptrend market when it is consider undervalue

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 23:32 | Report Abuse

pusing king only buy 1 lot so still OK lar..

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-23 23:38 | Report Abuse

during crash the liquidity dries up you can't even sell quality blue chips. and you idiot are preaching diversification with shitty illiquid penny stocks

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-07-23 23:39 | Report Abuse

wow,datuk calvin how u manage to sell 130 counters in a day? even fund managers managed a few counters each. when a crash occur 1 counter also hard to sell unless like bro patron say each counter u bought 1,000 units each.....hahaha

Junichiro

2,037 posts

Posted by Junichiro > 2017-07-24 09:56 | Report Abuse

I beg to differ. Diversification for all its intent and purpose increase the risk. When a big crash comes, the only solution is to sell.
Fund managers diversify because they cannot sell all their shares in their portfolio. But to the common man, he can.
I have done in prior to to the 1997 crisis. When the Thai Bath was attacked, I sold off all my shares, some even at a loss. At that time, the KLSE already looked toppish. I bought again on 2nd Sept 1997 when the capital controls came into force. I made a tidy sum three months after.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-24 09:57 | Report Abuse

Kiki bro apollo. In this case CP Teh makes more sense. At least CP Teh preaches hold cash and cut loss for crash. This joker really sohai keep asking people to holland

Post a Comment
Market Buzz