Be the first to like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by icecool 2020-05-04 09:31

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2020-05-02 18:50 | Report Abuse

[02/05, 14:03] Dr Jemilah Mahmood (Malaysia): My advice as follows:

1. MCOs are not to end COVID but flatten the curve. And we have. We flatten the curve to ensure health systems are protected and able to cope.
2. Our health systems can cope. More than enough ventilators etc. Utilisation capacity now only 30% and in fact KKM starting to give front liners leave. Most cases >80% are mild.
3. COVID will not end for next two years. There will be small spikes and must not panic but aggressive tracing and quarantine and treatment
4. When there is a spike in an area an enhance MCO very localised to the area can be implemented immediately.
5. Enforcement will be important to ensure compliance. Both from government but also self enforcement - individual, community, companies.
6. Pandemics can be ended only when whole of society participated and is empowered. If you see something say something. Report to the police etc.
7. Economic impact and mental health is important. We have to face the bitter challenges of MCO and COVID but only if we pull together in the same direction we can win this.
8. The new normal is a reality. Stay home as much as you can. Keep a safe distance and wear a mask.
9. We need to live with COVID. Just as we need to live with dengue. All the preventive measures and early detection and treatment.
10. A vaccine at earliest may be available next year. Herd immunity is questionable as data on antibodies is still showing low conversion rate. So travel is limited.
11. Don’t compare Malaysia with Hokkaido. When they opened up they didn’t protect borders. Malaysia is protecting her borders. This is critical and one of requisites of WHO. We have taken steps beyond what was done in Japan as we have learnt from their experience.
[02/05, 14:03] Dr Jemilah Mahmood (Malaysia): The report by Chinese experts who came said we are ready. According to WHO criteria we have met most of them
[02/05, 14:03] Dr Jemilah Mahmood (Malaysia): I get many questions if the MCO was eased a little too early. Below are my standard responses so you may want to share with your family and friends.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-02 18:56 | Report Abuse

politics is never about country.............politics is always about Me, I.........

petition? I bet u , this petition is about Najib and his desire to over throw Muhidin......................

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-02 19:10 | Report Abuse

Those who do not & dare not to get on with the business and his jobs should take leave & stay at home loh...!!

Do not stop other people from earning a fair living mah, they just want to get on life and put food on the table for their family loh...!!

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-02 19:29 | Report Abuse

petition? If u are teacher or anyone with iron rice bowl, u will sign the petition. But for many, hands stop mouth stop, How?

Poverty and mental disorder kills as effectively as any virus will........

MCO...many suffering from loneliness and mental disorder already......

David

112 posts

Posted by David > 2020-05-03 10:00 | Report Abuse

Deciding when and how to exit the MCO is not easy. Looking at the recent trends, i'm afraid our numbers will continue to go up in the coming days. To be honest I don’t know which is better choice : keep the MCO, and let the economy suffer. Or lift it to restart the economy, and just hope the numbers dont overwhelm the healthcare system. But balancing both ends, it is hard to justify continuing MCO in the green zones.

chinaman

3,221 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2020-05-03 10:01 | Report Abuse

we must respect those opt to stay at home but unpaid leave., or just leave, and tender resignation. No such things as free lunch in this world.

icecool

4,799 posts

Posted by icecool > 2020-05-04 09:31 | Report Abuse

they are just frightening those easily frighten dumb animals with those manufactured numbers.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz