1 person likes this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-08-25 08:40

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-06-10 14:35 | Report Abuse

Throw away the charts for palm oil as there is a new paradigm shift of demand now

The old ways are no longer applicable as World is changing from dirty fossil fuel to clean biofuel

Posted by gloveisgreat > 2021-06-10 21:59 | Report Abuse

Better run, keep dropping.

Posted by MuttsInvestor > 2021-06-11 12:28 | Report Abuse

Drop in CPO is EXPECTED. Seasonal and Economic activites down. CPO expected to be Rm 3,300 to 3,600 till Aug. Then if US and Europe OPENS up to Travel and Business , Expect HUGE DEMAND for CPO...Just my 2 cents ( Many others factors are still in PLAY. Do your Research plus "Analysis" .... Not worth the paper written/Reported. .. My Ranting Online !!

BLee

736 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-06-11 13:02 | Report Abuse

I am humpty dumpty sit on the wall; no offence intended.

"The old ways are no longer applicable as World is changing from dirty fossil fuel and clean biofuel to zero carbon (electric)."

Any conversion from palm oil to bio carbon (bio-diesel) required energy input. This technology of conversion already started years ago when palm oil is very much cheaper and energy not too expensive. Due to some government heavy subsidy of 10% to 20% of bio-diesel and increasing content by law in some countries, is it feasible for the conversion now?? I have no answer to my own question.

Happy Trading

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-06-12 10:33 | Report Abuse

BLee,

Zero carbon (electric)?

Do you know how electricity ultimate origination ?

1. From Hydro. That still need turbines which can rust and pollute

2. From burning coal. Coal power and generate electricity

3. From fossil fuel and natural gas
Ask TNB

4. From wind mill
Already explained

5. From solar
already pointed out the end of life pollution

6. From Natural Grown grains like soybean and palm oil

Only number 6 is 100% biodegradable and greenest with no residual pollution

So think deeper

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-06-12 10:53 |

Post removed.Why?

BLee

736 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-06-12 13:33 | Report Abuse

I am 半桶水(half knowledge) on most thing, sitting on neutral fencing biased toward Electric.
My background is with M&E consultant follow-on with EPCC contractor procurement, therefore like to provide my opinion to some of question you raised.

Posted by calvintaneng > Jun 12, 2021 10:33 AM | Report Abuse
BLee,

Zero carbon (electric)?

Do you know how electricity ultimate origination ?

1. From Hydro. That still need turbines which can rust and pollute
My take: Rust can be controlled with cathodic protection (impressed current, sacrificial anode, etc calculated based on design life of equipment). No issue.

2. From burning coal. Coal power and generate electricity
My take: Negative for power generation. Most coal power generation plant being converted to gas power. I have given my opinion in JAKS forum favouring MFCB Hydro plant.

3. From fossil fuel and natural gas
Ask TNB
My take: No comments. I am biased toward Hydro and Wind Farm.

4. From wind mill
Already explained
My take: I have taken interest in your pic and surf further. Below are other half of the story.
 https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-02-05/wind-turbine-blades-can-t-be-recycled-so-they-re-piling-up-in-landfills
"One start-up, Global Fiberglass Solutions, developed a method to break down blades and press them into pellets and fiber boards to be used for flooring and walls. The company started producing samples at a plant in Sweetwater, Texas, near the continent’s largest concentration of wind farms. It plans another operation in Iowa."
"Wind turbine blades at the end of their operational life are landfill-safe, unlike the waste from some other energy sources, and represent a small fraction of overall U.S. municipal solid waste,”

5. From solar
already pointed out the end of life pollution
My take: No comments as I am not in favour to solar energy due to non-availability 24/7. Although with improved battery technology in storing for night use; it is still not the best solution. Also surfed the other half story; pic based on "Solar panel debris scattered in a solar panel field in Humacao, Puerto Rico, on Oct. 2, 2017, in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria." https://www.ozy.com/news-and-politics/what-could-take-the-shine-off-of-solar-a-waste-problem/90308/

My take: Anything that transfer from heat (burning or otherwise) still not good for energy conversion.

So think deeper
My take: Not only me; the world is still think deeper for finding the best energy solution.

Happy Trading

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-06-12 14:47 | Report Abuse

BLee

My take: Anything that transfer from heat (burning or otherwise) still not good for energy conversion.

So think deeper
My take: Not only me; the world is still think deeper for finding the best energy solution.

Palm oil Cpo Mill can tap on the Biomass Electricity produced from Its own Palm Oil waste biomass

No need to use other energy since it can be self sustained

See Edgedaily article

1. Under the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) licensing requirements effective Jan 1, 2014, new mills are required to trap/avoid methane gas emissions from palm oil mill effluent (POME). By 2019, 125 palm mills out of 452 had

biogas plants, with 30 connected to the national electricity grid. This is green electricity.

Read full article

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/my-say-when-malaysia-embraces-netzero-carbon-emissions

BLee

736 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-06-12 17:19 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng, thanks for the follow-up. I am very much in favour of palm oil as edible oil. Bio-gas is by-product of palm oil refinery, which not recycle will harm the environment. Turning this byproduct to generate electricity is one of the alternative; not the best.

If you read the full article, one of the better alternative can be:
"We may see the revival of the production of bio oil using biomass-to-liquid technology as per Entry Point Project 7 (EPP 7) of the Palm Oil National Key Economic Area that was shelved in 2018."

IMHO, burning carbon (methane, ethane, etc) still cannot get zero carbon.

Happy Trading

LaoTzeAhSir

1,304 posts

Posted by LaoTzeAhSir > 2021-06-12 21:26 | Report Abuse

calvin sialang too much palm oil stocks.. now see cpo price falling like nobody business... he desperate to share more. avoid all po counters. cyclical and at the end of party.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-06-12 21:34 | Report Abuse

No lah...where got fall alot leh ??

CPO still very attractive price mah at Rm 3,500 to Rm 4,150 per tonnes mah!

Posted by LaoTzeAhSir > Jun 12, 2021 9:26 PM | Report Abuse

calvin sialang too much palm oil stocks.. now see cpo price falling like nobody business... he desperate to share more. avoid all po counters. cyclical and at the end of party.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2021-06-18 13:36 | Report Abuse

Eh,where is calvin. Very quiet for the last days since palm oil price has crashed, huh?

At 3550.00. Down from 4750 (-25%), 1 month ago.

How now?

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-06-22 15:07 | Report Abuse

Thplant cost of Cpo production is only Rm1,465

Anything above Rm3000 is more than 100% profit

calvintaneng

53,252 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-08-25 08:40 | Report Abuse

Posted by OneOracle > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse

Vice Chairman of the Indonesian Palm Oil Association (Gapki) Togar Sitanggang said Indonesia needs to increase palm oil production in order to implement B100 mandatory program. The program is estimated to absorb at least 60 million tons palm oil per year. Currently, total production of palm oil, including palm kernel oil, in Indonesia reached 42 million tons per year from about 15 million hectares plantation. “We produce 42 million tons per year. Whether the number is enough or not, it depends on how we use it. If we use in processed food only, I think it might be enough.
But if we use as source of energy, the number is not enough. If we adopt B100, we need more production.

“At present, we have reached 6.01 million kiloliters B20. Later on, for B30, let’s say it could reach 13 million kiloliters. Then with B100, maybe we will also reduce CPO exports overseas to fulfill domestic needs. We just have to see which countries need Indonesian palm oil,” he said.

During the soft launch and first trial of B100, the minister filled up a four-wheeler tractor with B100 while demonstrating its eco-friendly advantages, such as not producing smoke, to the media.

B100 products are one of the innovations introduced by the Ministry of Agriculture through the Agricultural Research and Development Agency (Balitbangtan). The agency’s researchers developed a multifunctional biodiesel reactor that had reached its 7th generation.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz