Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-10-04 14:29

speakup

25,067 posts

Posted by speakup > 2022-10-03 15:07 | Report Abuse

For YEARS many experts have already said Malaysia cannot continue as a low cost economy, but nobody listened. Now we ended up like this. IF ONLY we had listened to our experts long ago, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today
Worst still, today we want to go back to grab all the cheap foreign labour to go back to continue being a low cost economy. Apa lah! Then next time another labour shortage hit us, we still be whining and whining about want hire low cost foreign labour.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 01:39 | Report Abuse

Always the same excuse! Always demand low wage workers from other countries! And yet we see tycoons are getting wealthier by then day and complain malaysians are lazy!
Look! If we need millions of cheap labors, tell me, why the heck do they need to come to Malaysia! We are seeing Bangladesh becoming world biggest textile manufacturer because major brands now going over there!
I mean, why the heck do investors come to Malaysia to produce chips when they can go to India with plenty of cheap labor!
I tell you, one day, this local tycoons will wake up and realise they have made other countries more powerful because they refuse to employ locals!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 01:41 | Report Abuse

If i am a big investor, i won't come to Malaysia! I go direct to the source of cheap labor! The pick is plenty! Bangladesh, India, Indonesia just to name a few! Heck, even Myammar is a good place compare to Malaysia!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 01:43 | Report Abuse

I am sure our elites will complain that talents are flowing out from Malaysia! Of course! Why stay in Malaysia and get paid in peanuts! I mean, if youare specilist doctor, would you want to earn 5k a month in Malaysia or get paid 100k in UK or US! Decision is yours! Malaysia is just plain cheap to get things done! We are slave to cheapness when it comes to labor!

Posted by Thomas Chan Yeu Wai > 2022-10-04 08:38 | Report Abuse

Not just the above industries. The labour crunch is everywhere.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 14:29 | Report Abuse

You know our tycoons constantly complain that locals don't want to work, lazy! But if you go to Japan, Australia, South Korea and Singapore you see millions of malaysians working in 3D jobs! Why, because of higher wage!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz