Posted by oddy > 2012-06-17 16:36 | Report Abuse

Hi All, I will like to know if i have 1 CDS account, can i have more than 1 share trading acc? Eg, Current = Own 1 CDS account, and 1 share trading acc with 1 of the securities firm. What i have in mind, and was told by my friends: 1 CDS account, 1 share trading acc with Broker Firm A, and 1 share trading and futures trading acc with Broker Firm B.

Be the first to like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by jaynetan 2012-08-09 16:04

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-17 16:51 | Report Abuse

i dont think that's possible unless you get another ID and with that also a court order. The purpose of CDS is not only transaction, but tracking purposes also.

oddy

4 posts

Posted by oddy > 2012-06-17 16:58 | Report Abuse

that means, i will need to open another CDS acc, so i can open the share and futures trading accs with Firm B?

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2012-06-17 16:58 | Report Abuse

A person can have different a/cs in the same broker firm but only one cds a/c. (if i am not wrong)

oddy

4 posts

Posted by oddy > 2012-06-17 17:20 | Report Abuse

but what if i want to have a/cs in different broker firms? Reason, Broker Firm A currently does not offer futures trading. While Broker Firm B has futures trading.

I intend to go into futures trading once it hit into bullish trend... (mostly in the US market)

=================

Can i conclude that in order to do that, i will need to have :

1) Maintain CDS acc #1 and shares trading acc with Broker Firm A.
2) Open a new CDS acc #2, and open shares and futures trading accs with Broker Firm B?

thanks

Mohd Shuk

725 posts

Posted by Mohd Shuk > 2012-06-17 19:20 | Report Abuse

aku ada 10 accounts saham la, gua relaks aje!

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-06-17 20:05 | Report Abuse

:)

onekane

8 posts

Posted by onekane > 2012-06-17 20:23 | Report Abuse

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/website/bm/bursa_basics/investing_basics/investors_guide_to_the_cds.html

7. Can I open more than one CDS account?
An individual investor is allowed to open only one (1) CDS account with each ADA. However, a corporate investor may open multiple accounts with the same ADA.

******** ADA = any Authorised Depository Agents i.e broker firm

onekane

8 posts

Posted by onekane > 2012-06-17 20:25 | Report Abuse

So you can open another CDS account if you are an individual investor with another broker firm.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-06-17 20:30 | Report Abuse

Oddy, i am still trying to digest by thinking about: what are you trying to do with lots of CDS account. We should have lots of *Baskets (read: investment sector/area) instead. Forgive me, i am old as old as Gandalf. Hehe.

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-06-17 21:52 | Report Abuse

Bro Namo.. "You shall not pass!"
hahaha

oddy

4 posts

Posted by oddy > 2012-06-17 23:23 | Report Abuse

Namo,

Is not that i want to open another CDS acc and trading account with Firm B. It is because Firm A don't have the option of trading in futures and offshore.

Ya, actually we should have a lot of baskets instead of one. :)

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-06-18 18:02 | Report Abuse

jester! jahat you like Saruman. hehehe.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-06-18 18:13 | Report Abuse

oddy,
have lots of basket/area of investment. 1 for Share Market (enough wth 1 CDS accnt) 2. Futures/Offshore (Option to Share Markets) 3.Properties (Buy/Sell houses) 4.Gold (Buy and Keep till matured) 5.Land (Buy and keep for long term investment) 6. Unit Trust ASM/ASN etc (Put access money and forget it for 3-4@5 years. 7.Education (Take professional Exam) 8. etc etc,

oddy, so many good baskets, different type of baskets.

Posted by Sugunan Nanoo > 2012-08-09 15:39 | Report Abuse

How come brother Shuk missing in action for so long ?? Now i dunno wat to buy wat to sell anymore...

jaynetan

1,421 posts

Posted by jaynetan > 2012-08-09 16:04 | Report Abuse

individual client can open ONLY one non margin trading ac with a broking firm. this trading ac to open together with ONE CDS ac. he/she can open another MARGIN AC which carries a diferent cds ac . to trade in futures , he/she needs to open another futures trading ac.
regards

Post a Comment
Market Buzz