Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 11:36 | Report Abuse

Good afternoon to all Malaysian. Job well done in Olympic games. Sharing an article from my coffee reading. (no the tarik here because it's Australia) 3 mindsets to become an Olympian at work Published on August 16, 2016 ShareShare 3 mindsets to become an Olympian at work 1 CK Wong CK WongFollowCK Wong Digitize Retail & Supercharge eCommerce Business I love reading into stories on how an Olympian is successful, not when they are presented the medals but more into the stories behind how they have made it. I have interviewed and worked with many candidates and team members over the years. If I am to be honest, more than half who I have seen do not equip themselves with the right mentality to work and grow their career. I hope you are as motivated as myself especially when Malaysian Olympians are making breakthroughs. If they can do it, so do I, and so do you at work! #1. Not everyone is born with natural gift Let's face it, not many are born with special talents, many Olympians made it through pure hard work, grit and determination. If you realize, every Olympians are the master of their own sport, or a specific discipline within a sport category itself. Say if you are a marketer, you can start mastering a specific discipline like Google AdWords, or you can even master copywriting to become the best in town, or in the world! Some domain requires creativity and talents, but with continuous learning and practices, you too can become an Olympian at work! #2. Deliver before asking for rewards The controversy of Pandelela Rinong and Cheong Jun Hoong over the hand sign is laughable. Even if they really meant it by counting dollars, they have every rights to do so. No pain, no gain. Relating back to work, I usually minus 50% if I can feel or hear any candidate who prioritize pay and benefits during the interview session, no matter how good or experienced he or she seems to be. The same applies to those who are already employed but have never really excelled at work. Are the Olympians being guaranteed reward and prize money before they start committing themselves and working hard during the training sessions? If you are committing to continuous improvements at work, you too can do wonders and one day, you will be rewarded without asking for it. #3. Superstar is not the only route to success How many Joseph Schooling, or Lee Chong Wei would you witness in your lifetime? How much sacrifices they have made en route to their success? You might have witnessed superstar-wannabe at work, or some who think they are better suited to become a boss (without realizing how hard it would be). The fact is, even superstars are supported by a team of coach, trainers, backroom staffs. What I am trying to say here is superstars are rare breed, if you are not one (yet), don't force it. Work hard, contribute and play an important role in the team. There are also team events in the Olympics, remember? If I can win a gold in the Olympics, I personally prefer to win a team event rather than an individual's one. Even if I have to 'share the prize money' with other team members who contribute just as hard, the glorious achievement celebrated together is much more meaningful.

Be the first to like this.

8 comment(s). Last comment by duitKWSPkita 2016-08-21 16:52

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 11:36 | Report Abuse

other than the above mentioned 3 core mindsets, I would like to give my view of another one (Believe in yourself)

-(Believe in yourself)
Why is that so important? Let's only take some example from our hero-heroin badminton squad

Imagine if Lee Chong Wei never "believe" if could make a come back from the long suspension? Who were we soaring in front of TV last few night?

Imagine if our men doubles never "believe" they will would most of the seeds player, what would happened? Keep telling themselves tough/hard and impossible

Imagine if our mix double never believe they could be in Final Match... Didn't you realize they were so crazy and all de way fight fight fight?

------------------------------------------

come back to the topic in share market. I notice so many people keep blaming people when a stock shoot or come down. Many ways you can do -- brainstorming to find solution but not perform BLAMstorming... No good ya.

If you never believe in yourself whatever money losing record also blame people: blow negative news/ shark control/ big fish eat small fish/ sing down the stock and so forth. Then I must say all your winning records are not by yourself but external environmental factors.
Recognize and learn the fact, you are your story creator. You fail becoz you believe you got something wrong in preparation/strategy/action plan and you will win next round becoz you "BELIEVE" you have your very own winning techniques to reach to your final goal.

Lastly, to remind BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Transform every IMPOSSIBLE into I M PPOSSIBLE (IMPOSSIBLE).

cheers from Econsave Storekeeper duit

imoogi99

1,640 posts

Posted by imoogi99 > 2016-08-21 11:55 | Report Abuse

Wow...duit...after setting up Econsave in Holland and now setting up in Oz. Holland you sell Tulips in Oz I guess it will be kangaroo meat. Which part of Oz you in now?

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 12:03 | Report Abuse

wat to do...

kena buang Malaysia liao...... cham liao...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-08-21 12:05 | Report Abuse

I saw the title i feel like hentam my old buddy cpteh.....fxxk only realised it was bro duit later....cant deny i m a bit upset...

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 12:06 | Report Abuse

hahahahaha

wakakakakakak

murali... sabar sabar...... told U I'm a fast learner... see how fast I learn from U all

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-08-21 12:16 | Report Abuse

I rather call him cp duit than duit teh....

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 12:22 | Report Abuse

when iss Pamelo Crash by the way? Pamelo and Durian no crash meh this year? I mean the harvesting season no crash meh?

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 16:52 | Report Abuse

guys,

beautiful Sunday Let it rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiM75HyAIBY

Post a Comment
Market Buzz