Posted by Tobby > 2021-03-15 21:34 | Report Abuse

Investment!

Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2021-03-15 21:43

Tobby

2,622 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-03-15 21:42 | Report Abuse

Do you know most of the chips inside US computers, medical equipment and so forth are proudly made in Malaysia!
Yeah, made in Malaysia was visibly stamped on each and every game console of US brands back in the early days!
I don't know the reason nor i care why Malaysia was such favorite place to manufacture chips back in the 80s and 90s!
But that all become distant memory when US decide to move most of it's manufacturing based in China!
However, recently, Biden made a decision that totally change all that! It's an executive order for US chip manufacturers to do away with China!
It's like removing China ability to be technological competitor with US! In fact, if such order remain for a decade or so, China will be left behind in technological advanced era!
But i am sure China will send plenty of talents to steal whatever advantage US has anyway!
China has yet to master producing chips that are as good as US! But having said that, we don't know if suddenly China able to overtake US once they can manufacturer advance tech chips on their own!
So never say never!
Closer to home, i think everybody in chip industry are nervous! What if Malaysia also blacklisted along with China!

Tobby

2,622 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-03-15 21:43 | Report Abuse

At this point, i can't say! What if this is not a knee jerk reaction rather anticipating for the worst!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz