Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-09 15:57 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2021-12-09 16:05

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-09 16:02 | Report Abuse

My son asked me last weekend if his future children should be chinese or recorded as mix!
Well, his wifey is expecting a baby which makes a grandad soon! I have mix feelings as having grand children means, i am too old! Hihihaha!
Since my son is a chinese and his wifey is an iban, i advise him to record his first baby as iban!
Why! Because, there's no such as as mix race in Malaysia! You cannot or should not record your children as mix indian chinese or chinindian for that matter! Instead you choose either one! As an indian or chinese! Period!
But why! Because Malaysia is complicated nation! When you children grow up, if you are recorded as mix, chances are, he or she will have hard times!
So yeah, as for those married to bumis, my advise, record you child as a bumi! Send him or her to chinese schools! He or she will have best of both world!
Just like malay, even if a chinese guy marries a malay lady, the children will be recognised as malay!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-09 16:05 | Report Abuse

And historically, ibans were chinese descendant! But cutoff the chinese origin as most never been to China!
Likewise, for us chinese, for those who are married to bumis, take the bumis side instead! Less complication! And best of all, their children will be accorded bumis status!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz