Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by Jonathan Keung 2013-09-25 09:05

Bird

1 posts

Posted by Bird > 2013-09-24 20:08 | Report Abuse

2 wrong does not equal to 1 right, they make mistake in the past does not mean we can make mistake now......

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-24 22:00 | Report Abuse

Many years ago I studied from school that human being would starve as human population grows faster than production of food. Fortunately, the agriculture revolution with invention and vast application of chemicals (fertilizer, insecticides and herbicides), production of food has grown exponentially and certainly faster than global population. Consequently billion of lives were saved and thus you and I can now sit at front of PC exchanging view after great dinner.

For technology advancement for the greater benefit of human being, certain degrees of sacrifices have to be there. It would be a bit hypocrite for affluence people asking to stop vast agriculture activities for environment preservation.
What do you think ?
Thks.

Posted by Yong Chian Haw > 2013-09-25 08:28 | Report Abuse

well, I disagree with what mentioned in the article saying that oil palm tree are the same as forest. Though oil palm trees do provide oxygen to the atmosphere but what about the land? It is known fact that oil palm tree will cause land sliding and flooding as they doesn't hold water as good as tropical rain forest. In addition, what about the animals? Do you think animals can live well in oil palm estate? It is a fact that agricultural is a major cause of deforestation. Like what Bird mentioned above, 2 wrong doesn't equal to 1 right. The Japanese killed before, does it authorize us the right to kill Japanese now?

max8

681 posts

Posted by max8 > 2013-09-25 08:49 | Report Abuse

I prefer rainforest,the lung of earth and habitat/sanctuary for nonhuman species, once it's lost could hardly grow back, at least in one's lifetime. I can consume less oil, better for my health. Should promote lesser oil consumption diet awareness globally. Soya beans or palm.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2013-09-25 09:05 | Report Abuse

the NGO's has hidden agenda against oil palm growers. (Indonesia) ticked off the Western NGO's. Before we can take care of the orang Utans we need to take care millions of our own orang Miskin.

Western NGO's are biased against ASian countries. look at their own countries. All their forests have already make way for Industries in the early 50's and 60's. Now they are telling (Asian) countries do not developed and restrict the land usage.

We need to have a balanced view of development. What's the NGO's says is not gospel truth. Look at China. NGO's have years complained China on many issues. China struggles thru the 60's and 70's. until Teng open up China thru their new economic policies. Western countries shun China.

China appeal to their overseas Chinese (Wah Chiao) to answer their call for development. Who responded Not the western NGO's but people like Robert Kuok , Li Ka Shing, Henery Chao and many many overseas Chinese investor.

This is my own opinion and nothing personal against the NGO's.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz