2 people like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by hw0706 2013-09-29 14:29

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-28 17:11 | Report Abuse

This article shoot at the right spot. Almost everybody here talks about how to earn 50%, 100%, 700% return in a year from punting stocks. Is the world such an ideal place?

Tell you what, if one can earn 10% a year consistently for a long period of time, he is an above average investor. If he earns 15%, he is a super investor.

For every investor who earns 50% a year for long term probably due to luck, there are hundreds who lose money in the stock market. There is this statistic and statistical significance thingy in the investment world.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-28 20:39 | Report Abuse

I am fan of Feng Yin ManHua风云漫画 since it was launched 20-30 years ago. In the early episode, Feng need to indulge himself into devil to become formidable 入魔成道.

FYI, till today I am still reading it.

Posted by sense maker > 2013-09-28 22:02 | Report Abuse

Shares move with world economies which have cycles of ups and downs. In the past 3.5 years, the environment for equity has been condusive for good gains, while the 2008 to 2009 period was hell. One should maximise gains during good times (30 to 60% a year) and minimise losses during bad (-10% to -20%). In the long run, achieving 10% to 15% CAGR is a great feat a truly great investor should aim for. This requires courage to buy when others fear, take risk, stay invested and of course, the greatest skill of all is to concur greed and cut all exposure to equity before the cycle turns.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-28 22:24 | Report Abuse

风云漫画聂风入魔成道
The method to achieve 6-15% is very simple in theory. What you need to do is just buy the super safe Maybank periodically whenever got extra money. Do not need to time the market, just buy. Historically Maybank gives average 5-6% dividend yield each year. Its earning grows easily average 8-10% each year. In theory the share price movement is eventually correlated to its earning, which means share price of Maybank will increases average 8-10% each year too in long term. Adding up the 5-6% div and the 8-10% capital appreciation, the total return is 13-16%. Very easy and simple, isn’t it? If you want to play even safer, just widen the portfolio to include few more super safe counters such as PBB, CIMB. The grand average return is easily 6-15% each year in long run.

Then why only few people can achieve it?

In my opinion all things boil down to devil of Bursa. Once you involve in Bursa, be it the above mentioned safe investor or ordinary player, you will start to read and understand Bursa as your money is down there. As Bursa is a big devil, once you touch it, only very few can resist to its temptation. The above mentioned safe investor will start to feel bore and be tempted to try with faster and more exciting counters and method. Then the consequence is like you and me, suffering in –ve territory, say goodbye to the original 6-15%. It is similar to 聂风, we need to delve into Bursa(入魔) then only will buy shares. Once we dance with devil(Bursa), most of the people will be defeated far before able to reach Maybank(the above said safe method).

So, 6-15% return per year appears only in theory to most of the ordinary people like you and me. There are only few 聂风可入魔成道后又成神话.

What do you think ?

jcck79

89 posts

Posted by jcck79 > 2013-09-28 22:31 | Report Abuse

sense maker i think not many investor able to made $$$ during crisis 2008~2009 period the only thing the able to do is loaded their cash to blue chip and sell later when the economic rebound. To consistenlty earning 10% every year is real difficult especially during tough time just my opnion coz im still novice in investing.

BBB79

2,689 posts

Posted by BBB79 > 2013-09-28 23:21 | Report Abuse

there are quick a few stock consistently give out 10% return, like time, scc, msniaga, for those who no time to monitor, can consider it...

hw0706

818 posts

Posted by hw0706 > 2013-09-29 14:29 | Report Abuse

DKSH GIVE YU HUGE CAPITAL GAIN THIS YEARS FROM 2.00 TO 6.00

Post a Comment
Market Buzz