3 people like this.

10 comment(s). Last comment by wwwcomment 2013-10-24 00:26

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-10-23 13:43 | Report Abuse

When market having party like today, many will forget the market will drop too! Its best to let profit run now! Rotational play will kick in! Every counters have its party! But all sudden market drop! Be prepare to cut loss or even cut profit! Buyback when market so full of blood!

Hustle

3,615 posts

Posted by Hustle > 2013-10-23 14:56 | Report Abuse

Stay cool lah man,at this moment just switch off your mon and go to sleep.When Monday you return it will be celebrating party already,since gold trade also don't have improvement at all.Both equity & gold commodities just stay.Simply cut loss without direction will make you die faster only.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-23 22:27 | Report Abuse

Stupid Notion, Stupid Me.
Well written article. Here I quote one real example: I bought Notion in 2010 at RM2.17(=RM1.25 ex bonus in Apr12). The market value is now RM0.76. Total paper loss is RM0.49/lot. How about the opportunity cost? If I cut loss at RM0.76 earlier, the recoupable money (RM0.76 multiple with X lots), it is a significant amount of money which can make quite good money if invested in most of the other counters, maybe just simply pick any one will outperform Notion in these 3 years.

Nevertheless, I have behavioral biase that Notion will bounce back one day, so I am stupidly holding it.

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2013-10-23 22:30 | Report Abuse

no worry, so long u survive, there always opportunity :)

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-10-23 22:32 | Report Abuse

Opportunity cost! Remember that always! Switch counters if you have too! Dont buy into emotion! Buy with you head! Learn to cut and stay sideline when market scream buy! Buy! Learn to buy went majority cry die! Die!

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-23 22:52 | Report Abuse

“Don’t buy into emotion!”

What a good statement. I think 10 out of 10 will agree with it in Bear market. But in Hot Bull time, emotion is building unconsciously by itself, and most of the people do not want to admit that their emotion is unconsciously high while dancing with the hot bull excitingly. Finding excuses to dance with hot bull is damn easy.

I can consider myself as one of the “old bird” in Bursa but I am dancing with the hot bull too, Sigh ! talk is much easier than action.

Luckily I am dancing with the bull at very slow rhythm(holding good dividend counters and do not sell even target prices have been long exceeded). This may save my life when Big Bear hits.

God bless us.

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-10-23 23:01 | Report Abuse

Made fortune in 1993! Completely stay out went market crash 1994! Also completely out crash of 1997! Take control of your emotion! I only go heavy buying went i see blood everywhere! Miss out so fast gains but made bigger gains during strong corrections! I say market will be good for longest 1 month! Or shortest 2 weeks! I stop buying next week! Only sell!

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-23 23:06 | Report Abuse

Hi iafx : "no worry, so long u survive, there always opportunity"

Sometimes it hurts a lot (Kek Sim) seeing the money shrinks in 17 years out of 20 years. Spending a lot of time and effort in the last 20 years studying Bursa, yet making a loss in 85% of the time. It hurts even you have a tough heart.

But I am "L.S." now as making a good paper profit. Thanks to the Xiao Bull.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-10-23 23:17 | Report Abuse

FortuneBull : Your strong self discipline is what I admire so long in Bursa but I know that I cannot develop that good kind of trait due to self limitation. This kind of self discipline is certainly making you tone of fortune from Bursa. I always like to promote this kind of self discipline, what a miss that I cannot have it.

Icap’s Mr TTB said something similar to you that “…now is risky, prefer to buy at PE 11x-12X...” on last Sun/Monday but almost all of the people “tembak” him. Thus I would like to reiterate that how good if you could be there at that time supporting me. Oops ! sorry, if I am not mistaken, iafx is one of the people on the opposite side.

wwwcomment

448 posts

Posted by wwwcomment > 2013-10-24 00:26 | Report Abuse

Know how to cut losses is important.
If you lose 50%, you need to gain 100% to go back to starting point.
But easier said than done.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz