14 people like this.

18 comment(s). Last comment by scjm 2014-03-02 08:54

Bruce88

1,126 posts

Posted by Bruce88 > 2014-02-26 10:38 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon, I share your thought and pray for the best. Thank you.

smartly

6,382 posts

Posted by smartly > 2014-02-26 10:57 | Report Abuse

thumb up !

mengcourt

160 posts

Posted by mengcourt > 2014-02-26 11:03 | Report Abuse

I salute you, sir, on your generosity. On another note who would not seek pastures elsewhere given the current situation in our country. God bless.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-02-26 11:38 | Report Abuse

Education is the best investment. I can personally vouch for that. A decent tertiary education is a passport to a better life.

mengcourt

160 posts

Posted by mengcourt > 2014-02-26 12:24 | Report Abuse

Not in this country where kulitfication is paramount.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-02-26 13:02 | Report Abuse

Your tertiary/profession qualification provides you with overseas mobility, not so 'kulitfication' which provides you a crutch valid only in Malaysia.

mengcourt

160 posts

Posted by mengcourt > 2014-02-26 13:04 | Report Abuse

Ha ha ha, I like that

Posted by knchan2001 > 2014-02-26 13:20 | Report Abuse

Ubah! More sufferings to come if situation continues like this.....

tptan45

388 posts

Posted by tptan45 > 2014-02-26 13:22 | Report Abuse

Natural resources going.
Human resources going.
Go figure.

byrop

210 posts

Posted by byrop > 2014-02-26 16:17 | Report Abuse

I second to your opinion except for hope that the opposition parties will be able to gain enough of seats to rule and change the existing policies, in the next general election.

tonywong8

466 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-02-26 22:55 | Report Abuse

As long as our politicians are self interest and not people interest, our country will never progress well. Next election, Sabah and Sarawak people will still be deciding factor for next government. I support your opinion and action. Thank you for your kind interest in our people.

pilindo

867 posts

Posted by pilindo > 2014-02-27 01:03 | Report Abuse

Ohh God! We Malaysian lucky to have Uncle Koon. Stay in Malaysia Uncle Koon. Dont migrate to other country.

chinesetea

1,390 posts

Posted by chinesetea > 2014-02-27 05:25 | Report Abuse

I wish I had met you when I was 18 in Ipoh. I had excellent result for all subjects but didn't get a credit in Malay.
I won few scholarships offered by uk to study degree, master and PhD. Now I am working at one of the top investment banks and manage a team here and happy to pay high tax rate.
Why should I come back and let my children to stay if the government was unfair to me and policies remain the same?

I salute you to do the great work for the country. Maybe I will come back when everyone is treated the same.
Will the opposition change this after they win? We shall see.

Thanks.

Gary188

6 posts

Posted by Gary188 > 2014-02-27 06:06 | Report Abuse

We are glad and blessed to have uncle Koon here. Do not give up a dream for a better malaysia

Posted by Ve Nom Vee > 2014-02-27 07:09 | Report Abuse

To : Mr Koon Yew Yin

Everywhere in the world whenever we meet a fellow countryman, we are first and foremost Malaysians. Unfortunately, in Malaysia we are still Chinese, you are Indians or Mamaks and THEY are Bumiputras !! How sad and pathetic !

I see the ironic parallels of Malaysia in MAS (Malaysia Airlines System). It is a good brand and people everywhere have a sense of pride and loyalty. BUT it has been mismanaged and ridiculed/damaged beyond almost redemption. Without Government life support, MAS is a bankrupt and worthless company.
And everyone knows, with good excellent Management (such as Singapore Airlines or even Air Asia), Airlines companies DO prosper and grow. The same with Countries and Governments.

YET, there are still many people who support MAS and still believe it can turn around. So do all Malaysians, who believe that our Country will one day wake up from its Malaysian Dilemma of an Islamic Malaysia or a Malaysian Malaysia. We've had 57 years of Independence and yet, we are still slaves to the colour of your skin and fighting over Religious issues. We are nowhere near the Malaysian dream...in fact, to the many who have migrated, there is no more dream!

These few days I have followed your blog with interest, I sincerely wish you good health, peace and happiness always !! You are a very unique Malaysian who is very generous, caring and determined to contribute to society in your own unselfish ways in giving scholarship opportunities to so many students. Your efforts and deeds are very truly remarkable and I salute you as a really inspiring and true Malaysian. You are a hero in the eyes of the many who you have touched!

Thank you for your lesson in giving and sharing
Without Fear or Favour!

mc121534

2,517 posts

Posted by mc121534 > 2014-02-27 20:13 | Report Abuse

The Great Brain Drain.
The brain drain in Malaysia is steadily worsening. There are numbers of factors that contributed to this mass emigration including job opportunities, polical oppression, education policies, monetary factors and others.
Malaysia makes a big economic strides but growth has been halves in the past decades.
Some believed this is largely due to brain drain and our nation could see serious economic issues,
if it doesn't do something more to encourage professionals to work in our country.

I am being awaken by someone very important to me resulted me to come back to my beloved country :

"I am against brain drain. This is totally extracting the most precious assets of our country and being utilised by
others. You who got shelters in your country, bring up as you ate and drink from this country, educated
from beginning, love and affection from your motherland. For so many years you just leave out
for another country, not even know that you owed something to your country. This is not done!
You say you don't have opportunities in your country, so you create yourself the opportunities!
If your country is not developed, then you develop it ! If you say the politics is stinking, you jump into it and cleaned it up !. Have the gut to serve your country. Just don't fled away like you aren't got nothing to care other
than better income and better living standards at other country.
This is a act of a coward. Our country need their citizens with intelligence, wise and skillful in order to rise again.
So now I request you to come back and show the best of you!"

I will never forget this words. And I will not fail Him because I am back home.

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-03-02 01:42 | Report Abuse

Brain drain is mainly due to lack of meritocracy or no meritocracy. I remember Mr Lee Kuan Yew said, the day Malaysia practice meritocracy, that will be the end of Singapore talent. Period.

scjm

2,491 posts

Posted by scjm > 2014-03-02 08:54 | Report Abuse

many have written on this subject and more will do so but the difference here is that you backed up your words with deeds.
now the issue is
1. will our leaders (see still being inclusive and acknowledging them as our countrymen) want to and if so how far and long they are prepared to maintain their stand? or
2. our leaders do not support and with the prevailing systems in place persist to exacerbate the situation.
my apologies, no amount of pleading, justifications and persuasion for a reasonable fairness (that is all we ask for) can and will prevent the slow (hopefully) but sure 'erosion.'
so do we accept and live with it?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz