Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by lmenwe 2014-08-05 20:45

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-08-05 10:15 | Report Abuse

Warren is correct to keep cash. According to Dr. Marc Faber the US Dow Jones & S&P Index are not supported by earnings but by easy money printing.

In Malaysia TTB of ICapBiz already cash out a lot and stayed sideline since year 2009 - so he missed the best part of the bull run.

KLSE is dominated by punters, gamblers and day traders. It is also getting harder to find undervalued shares now.

But the prospect of keeping cash in FD at 3.25% p.a also cannot cover the ravages of inflation at over 6% or more.

The people are now exposed between two difficult choices

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2014-08-05 10:30 | Report Abuse

Another consideration is that Berkshire Hathaway has become too large hence the lack of value investments among the large caps. I m sure there is still some value to be found in small caps which are out of bounds for WB due to his fund size but not to the retail investor.

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-08-05 10:33 | Report Abuse

NOBY is correct!

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-08-05 18:01 | Report Abuse

Well, If i gain 40% i am always prepared to give back 20% back to the market. That is why it works. Gain more lose less.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-08-05 19:39 | Report Abuse

Well, Bear Bear just come and get me asap and i want to take a Long break.

As you are not coming today, please come tomorrow. Why takes so Long ya?

Let all my stock pick get a fire testing in the furnace.

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2014-08-05 20:45 | Report Abuse

if what ttb said is correct than why mr fong si leng can keep finding undervalue gems from 2009-2013? Don't tell me that his fund is insignificant to TTB. 1 example just look at mkh and MBSB when Mr Fong first recommended them. Even you assigned the lowest valuation on MKH it still worth much more than the market price on that moment! TTB is just an arrogant old man who is too busy investing abroad and never admit his mistake. He keep on boosting himself as the top five fund manager! Just compare himself with Ms Claire Barnes who is the real value investor and perform much better than him!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz