1 person likes this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by choop818 2014-12-25 07:33

choop818

691 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-24 11:03 | Report Abuse

Sorry, don't quite agree that US shares will tank. I believe it will move up from 20k to 40k region, depending on how severe the worldwide financial crisis is. Funds will park their money in USD because it is the world's reserve currency and part of it will filter to the share market.

johnny cash

6,356 posts

Posted by johnny cash > 2014-12-24 20:35 | Report Abuse

i think you already sold all of your stocks no wonder u are too negative on their future growth

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2014-12-25 00:06 | Report Abuse

Choop818, don't need to be sorry, everyone is entitle to their opinion. Different people read the market differently. That is why we have buyers and sellers.

johnny cash, on contrary, I added more this year, but mainly on Vitrox, Wellcall, Gadang, Digi, Padini, AAX, Silk, OCK, Pestariang, and thinking to add more next year, gradually (of course, using only my EPF money)

It is not important if I am positive or negative. It is just how I read the US market and try to take advantage of it (if I can). For me, look for value stocks in Bursa. Even good value stocks get bashed recently, but, in a longer run, they will be back. Always have a plan, and extra bullets market drop drastically.

US hits new high of 18,000 before christmas and can even touch 19,000, but the risk is getting higher and higher, just like Bursa, the blue chips are toppish compared with its neighbours. The growth over the last few years mainly comes from some financial engineering stunts, cutting costs, lower interest, share buybacks (lack of new expansion program?)

Over the last few years since 2008, hedge funds has grown from USD1.4 trillion to USD2.7 trillion in 2013. During the peak in 2007, hedge funds was at USD1.8 trillion. Most QEs liquidity from USA, Europe, China, Japan went into commodities, government bonds, junk bonds and stocks. Sales growth was slow, although earnings growth was faster because of cut cost impact, and share buybacks.

Anyway, stocks follows optimism and pessimism. When it reaches the peak of optimism, it will turn, when it reaches the peak of pessimism, it will TURN. RISK ON RISK OFF. Now is RISK ON. So, be wise with your money.

choop818

691 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-25 07:33 | Report Abuse

johnny cash, I have to admit that I'm pessimistic of the future. Short term gains is not worth the risk. I don't have the time and inclination to be glued to the computer screen for hours on end. Not now, later maybe, when the time is ripe. To me, at the moment, the least risky investment is as suggested by sosfinance, is in USD.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz