Be the first to like this.

25 comment(s). Last comment by NOBY 2015-05-07 16:52

jonatlau79

419 posts

Posted by jonatlau79 > 2015-04-11 07:55 | Report Abuse

30% For What ? Malaysia Stock Give Even 500% Returns ...

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-04-11 09:01 | Report Abuse

Really hate all these bullshit post. Want to share but don't want to share. Don't want to share then don't post. Just another annoying gimmick like those website that promise some hot tips but force you to subscribe first.

Well here are some free tips. Below are the discount of big 5 Chinese banks H-share listed in HK compared to their mainland A-share counterpart on 7/12/14 when I first started studying Chinese banks and the latest number based on Friday's closing price.

7/12/14
ICBC - 5.6%
ABC - 9.2%
BOC - 12.6%
CCB - 16.4%
BANKCOMM - 13%

10/4/15
ICBC - 1.6%
ABC - 15.5%
BOC - 13.4%
CCB - 14.1%
BANKCOMM - 14.6%

As you can see, the huge surge in price over the past 2-3 days has narrowed the gap considerably. Compared to 4 months ago, only ABC, BOC and Bankcomm have wider discount. ABC appears to have the widest discount.

The discount will probably never be eliminated entirely. The better, safer strategy is to bet that the discount will normalise to the same quantum in the past. For ABC, if the discount normalise from 15.5% to 9.2%, you can hope a 6.3% gain.

I don't need to be emailed, and I don't need to be thanked. All the best to those who are trying out HKEX. One final word of advice, be acutely aware of the forex spread imposed by your broker. That's usually the most expensive portion in your transaction cost of your overseas venture.

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-04-11 09:16 | Report Abuse

can buy cimbc50 etf for exposure to h shares... listed on bursa

Bruce88

1,126 posts

Posted by Bruce88 > 2015-04-11 10:34 | Report Abuse

He is a Mutual fund agent !

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-11 10:37 | Report Abuse

China and Hong Kong will spill over to bursa!

SUMATECRM1

364 posts

Posted by SUMATECRM1 > 2015-04-11 11:06 | Report Abuse

our malaysian stocks rarely can move up 30% within a day...
HK and china everyday got limit up counters... call warrants there can up 800% in 1 day
Even if malaysia stocks limit up... sure kena UMA.. sigh..

calvintaneng

53,259 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-11 11:45 | Report Abuse

Calvin's admonition,

I made a mistake many years ago when Greater China Fund was in bull run. Everywhere in Singapore you can see posters & billboards advertising how high The Market will rise further in the China Growth Story.

It was wrong to buy near peak when EVERYONE WAS BULLISH. After investing the Mutual Fund started to go down. I lost some when I realized the folly. But I also paid a high fee when buying and also selling the Fund.

My advise is.

1) Don't buy euphoria. You pay a premium for being bullish at the wrong time.

2) Invest only in WHAT YOU KNOW PERSONALLY. It is your hard earned money.

3) UK Now in Bull Run. Japan also in Bull Run. Both breaking into all time high.

And Russian Rubble is The Best Performing Currency in the World this year (Last year the Ruble was the Worst Hit!)

And Malaysia was the Worst Performing Stock Market in East & South-East Asia Last Year. KLSE down 8% while China up 45% & others up 20% to 30%. And Ringgit also crashed badly.

SO EXPECT MALAYSIA TO ALSO GO INTO A POWERFUL BULL RUN.

4) SO STAY INVESTED IN MALAYSIAN SHARES. IN JUNE 10th MALAYSIA WILL UNLEASH MASSIVE PROJECTS FOR 11TH MALAYSIAN 5 YEAR PLAN (2016 to 2021). LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO BUY SHARES THAT WILL GET AWARDS FOR ETP(ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECTS} BEFORE VISION 2020. DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE & INVEST CAREFULLY.

Regards,

Calvin Tan

Singapore

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-11 11:55 | Report Abuse

I buy into your admonition. great advise that sounds similar to WB's famous saying.

Panglima

26 posts

Posted by Panglima > 2015-04-11 12:17 | Report Abuse

mana-mana suka cari makan sini ka, hongkong ka, india ka.... paling penting itu ilmu sudah cukup... macam itu tuhan ALLAH ada cakap mana mana ada rezeki, sangat penting ha... mahu cari ilmu, kerja dan ikhlas tau... sudah banyak wang .. kasi donation sikit ... pasti you happy and others also happy.. good luck

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2015-04-11 12:25 | Report Abuse

bravo ! soojinhou :)

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-04-11 12:27 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, for the most part, yes what you wrote is true. But despite the bull run over the past 2-3 months, Chinese banks are still dirt cheap. For example, BOC is only trading at PER of 6.6 with dividend yield of 4.7%. That's still near fire sale level even after a bull run of 20%. So, buying Chinese banks wouldn't exactly be a purely speculative endeavor. However, buyers should be aware that there is a lot of uncertainty on how the economic slowdown will affect the big banks as increasing number of loans go bad. The current valuation assumes that China is going to have a hard landing. Personally I am more optimistic of China's fate due to their huge reserves, so fundamentally I still think they are dirt cheap.

calvintaneng

53,259 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-11 15:28 | Report Abuse

Soojinhou,

Yes. I was told by One Very Successful Remisier from OSK Johor about Cheap China stocks last year. In fact he completely liquidated all his Malaysian shares & bought into China Blue Chips. China was up 45% last year & he did very well. He's the remisier who drove a Mercedes Benz while his boss drove a Nissan.

For now all the signs are flashing red for China and are pointing to a dramatic slowdown.

These are the fore warnings:

1) Most China Banks Have Lent Heavily to Communist Party Related State Enterprizes. The Ghost Cities of Mongolia & All Other Major Cities of China are 90% Empty. Most of these were built with borrowed money. Also major steel mills have borrowed heavily. They dump subsidized steel into world markets because they are not going to pay back loans to the China Banks.

I am afraid even with China's Huge Reserves Someday All These Banks Will Have to Face up to these toxic borrowers now swept under the carpet.

China has yet to see a Depression like US did in 1929 -1939 when 1,000 Banks collapsed including the "Bank of The United States of America".

2) In Australia, Atlas Iron has just collapsed with over 500 jobs gone. China's slowdown has caused iron ore prices to plummet by 75%. Many more Australian Iron Ore mines are expected to close shop soon. This shows a China in deceleration downward.

3) The Recent Fall of Ringgit, Rupiah, Thai Bath & Japanese Yen Have Made These Economies more competitive against China Exports. Dr. Marc Faber only give a 4% growth rate for China in spite of its Official Published rate of 7%.

4) With The Continual Unrest & Workers' Strike in China for ever increasing wages the days of cheap labour in China are now over.

5) China Premier Li Keqiang has warned that China is now slowing down.

6) Will Hong Kong Share Market continue to Rise Because of China's Flood of Money?
Well, in the Euphoria of 2nd Board (Almost all are above RM10.00 in blue chip status) before the onset of the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997/8 TTB of Icapbiz appeared on TV3 & told people to buy 2nd Board Shares only. The subsequent collapse have made many bankrupts till today. And due to over powering fear TTB has been out of the KLSE Bull Run for the last four years due to aversion by the past haunting experience of 2nd Board Euphoria.

7) I hope people will invest wisely & not chase the "hot stocks" or "hot markets" of the moment which will always end in grief.

The seeds of Boom were sown in times of despair & conversely, the seeds of despair are sown in times of euphoria & boom.

Regards,

Calvin Tan

Singapore

CCCL

621 posts

Posted by CCCL > 2015-04-11 16:35 | Report Abuse

China stock market collapsed in 2007. The year I worked in China. Now seems the bull just started to come back. Can tell you now still not many of them hesitant to go into the market despite the index creeping up. Why? my staffs and my driver still not talking about buying shares yet. If the index cross over 5,000 points all hell broke loose. Super Bull coming to China.

calvintaneng

53,259 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-11 16:50 | Report Abuse

Hopefully?

I expect KLSE to cross the 2,000 points index when Foreign Funds Rush Back Into Malaysia!

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-04-11 18:33 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, thank you for the solid fact driven reply. We need more content driven comment like yours in i3. You made my day :-)

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-11 20:36 | Report Abuse

Calvin! I share your optimism that bursa will soon unleash its biggest bull ever! 2015 will be it! 2015 will be remembered as the most powerful unleashing of bullish mode! We are in wave 1 of this outstanding explosive money maker! 1900 will be hit once wave 3 making a run! Wave 5 at 2000 is the holy grail for this super bull that expect to happen soon in 2015!

Posted by truthseeker1 > 2015-04-11 21:31 | Report Abuse

If index do hit 2000, which CI stock if buy now can has highest upside in % term?

wahlaueh

208 posts

Posted by wahlaueh > 2015-04-11 23:07 | Report Abuse

Hope to see bursa hits 2015 in 2015... ^.^

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-11 23:19 | Report Abuse

When i assessed last year that bursa going to crash, so many gave the thumbs down! And when i assess that bull in going to take charge once breach 1850, again many doubt that bursa already peak! And when i said bursa going to breach 1900, many roll their eyes in disagreement! So when i share the optimism of Calvin that bursa going to hit 2000, all will take it as a big joke! No, you guys are missing all the explosive money maker year, many still are doubtful until the very last minute when everybody turn greedy!

calvintaneng

53,259 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-11 23:46 | Report Abuse

Yes Mr.Bull,

Abenomics caused yen crash. When yen crashed Japan exports overtook Korea and others. Then Nikkei spiked to 20,000 points. When Dragi implemented Euro Qe Uk shares also jumped to new high.

With the crash of ringgit even below the Asian Financial Crisis against Sing Dollar Malaysia is now a Very Super Competitive Economy.

The Big Mag index shows Malaysia as one of the most undervalue economy in the whole world. It is only a matter of time with Trillion $ Sloshing Around the world when Funds Finally Wake Up!

And Liquidity like water also flows to the deepest value(valley).

So Malaysia's turn to power up will come also.

The Path of money always beat its way to the greatest opportunity for the highest yield.

And Malaysia will offer the greatest value when all others have finally peaked.

calvintaneng

53,259 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-12 00:02 | Report Abuse

I think 11th Malaysia Plan when PM Najib takes all GST monies plus monies collected from cars (Rm20) at all entry points of Singapore,Thailand, Brunei and Kalimantan plus all other cash or even using reserves to Give The Most Powerful Push For Vision 2020. Plus the Repatriation of Cash from oversea investment coinciding with Huge Inflow of Foreign Funds.

The Massive Surge of Liquidity will power KLSE to cross 2,000 points finally!

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-04-12 09:28 | Report Abuse

Closing remarks on China. Yes everything you said above is true Calvin. However, naysayers have been predicting doom for China for years now, and I admit it is finally beginning to show. But, China is still very much a command economy, unlike a free economy where government has limited control over. The leadership in China is acutely aware of the collapse of the economic system, and this has prompted them to launch 2 massive initiatives to engineering a soft landing. 1) the silk road project, and 2) AIIB. These 2 massive projects, if successful, will mitigate the slowdown back home by exporting deflationary risk from overexpansion. Will it be successful? I don't know, only time will tell. However, when Western countries line up eagerly to be the founding members of AIIB, from Australia to England, in sheer defiance of US' pressure to isolate China, I see the cup as half full rather than half empty.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-12 15:58 | Report Abuse

China will not allow it's economy to go under! They have plenty of game plan to keep economy running! The word recession or hard landing will never take place in China! I see China translate into domestic consumption phase rather than export oriented! Hence you won't see 7% growth but 11% internal growth!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-12 16:13 | Report Abuse

Western economics concentrate too much on external growth! China has wisen up and switch to internal growth to keep momentum growth! This is something Malaysia should learn!

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-05-07 16:52 | Report Abuse

Just buy CIMBC50 ETF listed on Bursa, direct proxy to China H-shares

Post a Comment
Market Buzz