30 comment(s). Last comment by phchin 2015-12-26 23:09

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-05-25 11:38 | Report Abuse

Thank for sharing.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-05-25 13:16 | Report Abuse

Good one Uncle.

Posted by tiggercub > 2015-05-25 13:25 | Report Abuse

Agreed. It relates much to personal risk preference. Your risk-taking and rewards thereafter was a testament to the success of business loans (And thank you since I've had a short tenure with IJM my first employer, which I will always be grateful for).

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2015-05-25 18:40 | Report Abuse

Risks are always there in any business venture. The important thing is to have the confidence to take such risks. Past experiences in running successful businesses will definitely narrow down the risks.

Posted by yong85nan > 2015-05-26 17:13 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr Koon, thank for sharing.
I agree to you, we have to maxi the loan amount in order to maxi the profit(if we are confident to get return better than % of loan).

1)May i know the detail how you judge for the debt gearing ratio?
(example you will look detail into the annual report, what kind of debt this company loan)
2)What is the max level(of a company) gearing ratio that you can accept(let said this company is having good profit growth prospect)?
(for examples 1.2???).

CFTrader

812 posts

Posted by CFTrader > 2015-05-27 00:47 | Report Abuse

With due respect sir, I dont think the financial analyst that you mentioned ask his follower to "avoid loan"...

I, myself interpret the analyst idea as "importance of cashflow - importance of generate enough cash for the operation and expansion and the payment of the debt , but not keep on depending on loan to achieve growth " .

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 08:25 | Report Abuse

what you talking about?

if i borrow , I take control, what to worry?

now it is other borrow, I join as minority, no control, moreover my sifu already show clearly he is not efficient to generate cash from his huge borrowing compare with other like scientx, can I not worry?

Please my respected KYY, you are PR , I am PR, do not come out with such statement that make our PR look so stupid

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:29 | Report Abuse

Friend, dont get too sentimental with your PR status....PR doesnt mean much thing except your political stance

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:30 | Report Abuse

A PR man still can cheat, can steal, can kill, can shit....just as others...

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 08:32 | Report Abuse

Your own business : We even had to mortgage our family homes to borrow more money to do business.

Listed company: the company get loan from Banks without his personal guarantee.

any different?

you want me to cry no tear?

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 08:33 | Report Abuse

KYY : I do not recommend novice investors to use margin loan to buy more shares

well said, I like

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:36 | Report Abuse

The rational behind Koon Koon's above posting is to defend on VS for it's high borrowings, as raised by KC n others....the underlying message of Koon Koon is still the same...buy VS, pls buy VS, my wife n I owned 15 million shares which we bought at low pries and we want to take profit now at this high level...you dont buy how am i going to sell??

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 08:37 | Report Abuse

KYY :Nevertheless, my advice is not to be afraid to buy shares from companies with loans, provided they have good profit growth prospect and they can make more profit in the current year than last year.

Me; nothing wrong, I agree, but buy those company that can generate more cash from borrowing like scientx not lousy company like VS that generate little cash from huge borrowing

johnny cash

6,356 posts

Posted by johnny cash > 2015-05-27 08:39 | Report Abuse

another play to trap newbies here

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:42 | Report Abuse

Whatever Koon Koon posted here, u may just ignore...he may open another 10-100 threads in I3 with noble intention to teach people how to invest....but the message is only one and it's clear cut....buy VS , buy Latitude, we have 15 million shares to sell now....just bear with all these until he found another most undervalued stock to recommend...stay tune...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:43 | Report Abuse

OTB, sincerely, I like you very much, but if you have no bxxls to say no and keep on doing the dirty job for the old man i will still whack you

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:51 | Report Abuse

The old man asked you to follow and assist him to promote these counters at the current levels to the public in seminars/forums etc. You recommended to him and your subscribers to buy at low prices last year n you also admitted that you dont recommend I3 people to buy at current prices not long ago...making money is certainly important, but can you sleep tight after helping him to promote to the public at these levels knowing very clearly that the old man is waiting to sell now...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 08:54 | Report Abuse

Made a firm stance and say no to all these rubbish.Trust me...the old man needs you very much (more than you need him n his commission)...he will go nowhere without your guildance in stock marke...make money with dignity!!!!

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 09:22 | Report Abuse

Murali,

you must be BN, otherwise you won't come with such statement

now I doubt the truth behind your comment

Posted by murali > May 27, 2015 08:30 AM | Report Abuse

A PR man still can cheat, can steal, can kill, can shit....just as others...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 09:32 | Report Abuse

Aiyo, dont be fanatic lah..u meant all BN people are bad guys n all PR people are good guys???

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 09:34 | Report Abuse

So would you happily accept Koon Koon's noble intention and buy in VS at current level..Koon Koon is a strong supporter of PR...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 09:36 | Report Abuse

Seems PR becomes your religion now.....

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 11:27 | Report Abuse

MURALI,

what's wrong PR become my religion and this religion can bring good living to you and me

isn't BN is your religion? what do we get for more than 50 years?

so all this while you attack on KYY just because he is strong PR supporter and you are BN

so to you whatever KYY share here is wrong,
he told us what he has invested, wrong ?,
does he has the obligation to guarantee you must win if you follow him?
why must he give give you free lunch?
why you are that nieve that KYY must share something that help you make money in the share market?

murali, murali

you always claim you are the smartest, you don't follow KYY recommendation.
then what the hell you make so much noise here?
for fun, or motivated by your political stance

murali, murali,

do you think people will believe you are not BN?

then what is your motive to smear PR?

you want to form a new party better than PR to replace BN?

let me know

if it can bring living to us, I join you

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 14:26 | Report Abuse

When I attack Koon Koon i become BN, when I attack Dr.Mamaktir I become PR? Your theory is very funny...if that works then I will have identity crisis...coz I hentam both Mamak n Koon Koon quite oftenly...so who am I? What is your intention of labelling me as BN just because I hentam Koon Koon? I also sayang Koon Koon sometimes when he screw BN over some wrongdoings...I do love him very much when he donates money to the poor students...I will love him more if he donates more this year from the good profit made from VS n Latitude....So who am I?? When I kiss Koon Koon I become your friend, when i screw Koon Koon I become your enemy? Like that can change identity faster than transformer....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 14:29 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/71737.jsp

Go thru the above then you will know why so many people "love" him in I3....mostly on his "noble intention" etc...or you could just simply label them as BN supporters, as you wish...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-05-27 14:34 | Report Abuse

murali Hope Koon Koon can consider to give more this year in view of the good profit made from VS n Latitude...thank you in advance. Good karma!!
27/05/2015 09:00

Deep inside my heart I love the old man very much,just feel sad n upset when he used this forum to promote his shares for personal gain, again n again...Not worth to spoil his good reputation built over the years justfor some monetary gain...not worth at all....sigh.....

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-05-27 15:52 | Report Abuse

Murali,

put politic aside, we are on the same front

I did hentam KYY and doubt his intention to promote VS at the current price and advise people to ignore the cash flow and high borrowing of a business

Posted by kiasutrader1 > 2015-05-29 10:43 | Report Abuse

Again, let us consider the facts of the matter. Last year, I invested in KPJ Healthcare when no one wanted to invest and all Analysts were "killing" the share. I invested because I had the unfortunate (maybe fortunate!) experience of getting admitted in a KPJ Hospital near my house. I had to wait 3 hours before getting admitted and not only that, I saw queues of people at the outpatient and also the carparks, day and night are full of cars. It is like a popular restaurant where no one cares what the price is and simple "hantam" because the food is fabulous. So I checked out the charts. Lo and behold, it was falling like a waterfall. Now, I checked online all the reports on KPJ and all the Analysts were saying that the results will be poor because the company tool a lot of loans and they are taking that to construct new hospitals in Rawang and a couple of other places. Now if a loan is taken to expand one's lucrative business, it is different from taking a loan to buy a Mercedes for "sendiri shock" only! One generates future income, the other generates future depreciation with no value added to revenue or profits for that matter. I bought at RM2.98, RM3.00, RM3.01. Within a short time, the share rose to RM4.00 and today, it is at 4.23. So use your common sense to invest and if you have an understanding of charts, fundamental analysis, etc, it will do you well. Do not believe that the Analysts are smarter than you. If they were, they will be Millionaires and not working for a stock broking firm in Malaysia as they have all their TPs lined up to make money!

Desa20201956

2,286 posts

Posted by Desa20201956 > 2015-12-26 22:22 | Report Abuse

To add......in an environment of low interest rates,......low meaning interest rates lower than inflation rates... cash is not king.
The real king is borrowing to add productive assets.
Such an environment punishes savers and rewards investors, exactly the effect the FED engineered since 2008.

phchin

130 posts

Posted by phchin > 2015-12-26 23:09 | Report Abuse

Would a company borrow to expand business that will give a 10% return if the interest rate is 4% ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz